Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I wonder if the pricing scheme is a subtle marketing ploy?

We are all sim-racing fans on here, no doubt.

However F1 titles still rule when it comes to racing games, it's what draws the money (in the main).

Even with Assetto Corsa, some purchased it for it's open wheel catalogue and not for the GT's and road cars.

This has been said by some members on here already but as this is GT3 only you could argue it has limited appeal; so pricing it at a really good early access price will hopefully get the audience it deserves. :)

I wonder if the pricing scheme is a subtle marketing ploy?

We are all sim-racing fans on here, no doubt.

However F1 titles still rule when it comes to racing games, it's what draws the money (in the main).

Even with Assetto Corsa, some purchased it for it's open wheel catalogue and not for the GT's and road cars.

This has been said by some members on here already but as this is GT3 only you could argue it has limited appeal; so pricing it at a really good early access price will hopefully get the audience it deserves. :)

Can’t really follow you here. GT3 only and limited appeal? In every darn sim you look nowadays GT3 cars are the most popular ones. Want to have official races 24/7 in Iracing? Check the GT3 races. Want to hop in a multiplayer race in AC without having to wait? Just look at the car entrylist – it’s GT3s everywhere.

Windows 7 is out of date and not secure
Bollocks. Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft, it's extremely user-centered (meaning no Candy Crush Soda Saga is installed by default, no mandatory automatic updates, no unsolicited driver change by default, and the list goes on), is a fortress in terms of privacy if compared to W10, and still performs exactly the same in the overwhelming majority of games.

And it's not that Windows 7 is not secure, no version of Windows is ever secure. Despite Windows 10 making somewhat of a good progress in terms of security, I think every measure put out by Microsoft to protect their OS has already been bypassed, and their default antivirus is nothing but a joke among those of us who understand the basics about software security.

So if the user is not a target and wouldn't click on unsolicited popups then they'll most likely be fine no matter the OS.
Heck, even Linux won't protect a stupid user if he runs "BritneySpearsNude.run" as root.

The only advantage of using Windows 10 for gaming would be DirectX 12, but it shouldn't matter if Kunos supports Vulkan, as Stefano once said it would.

Can’t really follow you here. GT3 only and limited appeal? In every darn sim you look nowadays GT3 cars are the most popular ones. Want to have official races 24/7 in Iracing? Check the GT3 races. Want to hop in a multiplayer race in AC without having to wait? Just look at the car entrylist – it’s GT3s everywhere.

^^ plus blancpain in real life has everything from sprint races, driver swaps to 24hr races, it really is the most well rounded series in the world atm

plus blancpain in real life has everything from sprint races, driver swaps to 24hr races
I'm VERY excited for one reason: can you imagine Kunos hosting official Blancpain events where we'd get a team of e.g. 6 drivers and we'd get extra rank points if we complete the entire 24h in real life compared to players who only race in short events? It'd be like experience points.

So we'd sync up to the real Spa 24h, for example. That would be, excuse my french, f-ing awesome.

So many possibilities.

I'm VERY excited for one reason: can you imagine Kunos hosting official Blancpain events where we'd get a team of e.g. 6 drivers and we'd get extra rank points if we complete the entire 24h in real life compared to players who only race in short events? It'd be like experience points.

So we'd sync up to the real Spa 24h, for example. That would be, excuse my french, f-ing awesome.

So many possibilities.
yes, like iracing has special events, kunos would be silly not to do the same

I'll wait till after the Bentley release to pick it up if everything works on Windows 7. I don't quite understand why they don't give us a small grid to play with like they have already then just 1 car.

alot of the cars aren't listed on their time table, i'd be surprised if a few of them weren't already in build 1

Bollocks. Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft, it's extremely user-centered (meaning no Candy Crush Soda Saga is installed by default, no mandatory automatic updates, no unsolicited driver change by default, and the list goes on), is a fortress in terms of privacy if compared to W10, and still performs exactly the same in the overwhelming majority of games.
It takes 5 minutes to uninstall all of the bloatware, disable automatic updates and block the data collection and once that's done, you've got the best OS known to man, piece of cake.

Well judging by some of the comments on here when the game was mentioned, some members on the site are not interested in "another" GT3 led game, they wanted something else, they want open wheelers, GT1, GTE, WEC, etc.

You confirm my thoughts though, GT3 appeals to sim-racers. Your average PC racing fan tends to prefer the racing series they see featured the most, which tends to be F1.

What I'm saying is if Kunos charged £49.50 for a GT3 led game (with a series most people have never heard of) they could have problems getting people to hit the "buy it now" button but pricing it the way they have, they can attract people who are curious and hopefully get new customers.

Most of the people where I work watch F1 (and being in the UK, the BTCC as well). Some play the F1 games as well. None of them have heard of Blancpain or GT3, that's why I'm saying their price point is a good call, get people interest :)

It takes 5 minutes to uninstall all of the bloatware
No it doesn't. A regular user must first search how to disable the ContentDelivery via regedit, otherwise the overlords at Micro$oft will re-install all the bloatware.

disable automatic updates
This takes a while too, marking all connections to Metered in the Registry and disabling the right tasks in Task Manager, takes a regular user a lot of effort to research the right ways of doing this. I remember tools like ShutUp10 not being effective on this too.

and block the data collection and once that's done, you've got the best OS known to man, piece of cake
Sounds like fanboyism.

piece of cake
Piece of cake, you just gotta waste valuable hours to, get this, make Windows 10 as close to Windows 7 as possible lmao.
(and with the added bonus of Micro$oft reverting all changes!)

Well judging by some of the comments on here when the game was mentioned, some members on the site are not interested in "another" GT3 led game, they wanted something else, they want open wheelers, GT1, GTE, WEC, etc.

You confirm my thoughts though, GT3 appeals to sim-racers. Your average PC racing fan tends to prefer the racing series they see featured the most, which tends to be F1.

What I'm saying is if Kunos charged £49.50 for a GT3 led game (with a series most people have never heard of) they could have problems getting people to hit the "buy it now" button but pricing it the way they have, they can attract people who are curious and hopefully get new customers.

Most of the people where I work watch F1 (and being in the UK, the BTCC as well). Some play the F1 games as well. None of them have heard of Blancpain or GT3, that's why I'm saying their price point is a good call, get people interest :)

For example, I'm not interested in GT3 at all, and I never heard of Blancpain since some months ago.
I'll buy ACC to have the newest commercial simulator with a new physic by Kunos and for support them.

GTR3 Yaaaay
ACC booo, not buying that crap.
Does anyone remember.....anyway back on topic.

I love love love the complete Kunos Team, they ARE the most evolving and innovative simracing developer we have today, bar none, I'll leave it here whatever I have to say about other developers, until the first Quarter of 2019.

GT3 cars might not be my favourite cars in racing sim, but we know this title IS going to be the gold standard to which all developers will have to align themselves with, or go the way of the dodo, which includes, physics, force feedback, graphics, and technology used, none of this 15 Year old technology regurgitated, and sold to the community a thousand times over.

People like New innovative immersive technology that bring them closer to reality, opting to use the Unreal4 Graphics Engine, and now going toe to toe with Slightly Mad Studios visually, Kunos has arrives at the party with a massive bang.

I'm purchasing day one, and I know I will have some steam friends that will not be able to afford this simracing title day one, but I'm well known by my steam friends for buying them gifts, so I will be supporting Kunos even more, by buying a couple steam friends this title on release.

In terms of specs, this can be found on the AC forum in a FAQ post about ACC. It is from March though:
------
Our minimum target specification is currently an i5-2500/AMD FX-8100 or equivalent, 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760. However, right now, it’s way too early to be more precise. Over time, we'll be able to be more specific later as we continue to develop ACC. Therefore, if you are considering upgrading your hardware configuration, we strongly suggest you wait for our Early Access before upgrading.

GTR3 Yaaaay
ACC booo, not buying that crap.
Does anyone remember.....anyway back on topic.

I love love love the complete Kunos Team, they ARE the most evolving and innovative simracing developer we have today, bar none, I'll leave it here whatever I have to say about other developers, until the first Quarter of 2019.

GT3 cars might not be my favourite cars in racing sim, but we know this title IS going to be the gold standard to which all developers will have to align themselves with, or go the way of the dodo, which includes, physics, force feedback, graphics, and technology used, none of this 15 Year old technology regurgitated, and sold to the community a thousand times over.

People like New innovative immersive technology that bring them closer to reality, opting to use the Unreal4 Graphics Engine, and now going toe to toe with Slightly Mad Studios visually, Kunos has arrives at the party with a massive bang.

I'm purchasing day one, and I know I will have some steam friends that will not be able to afford this simracing title day one, but I'm well known by my steam friends for buying them gifts, so I will be supporting Kunos even more, by buying a couple steam friends this title on release.
how about we wait till it's out to judge instead of fanboying shall we?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%