Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Disagree because that pesky F1 2018 game is still more popular than AC. All the other sims have poor official representations of F1.
View attachment 268346

Nice drawing. :D
Codies will always have more sales than AC for example simply because it is easier to get access to. You plug in your gamepad, adjust your difficulty and you’re good to go and beat Hamilton in your first race. F1 games by them have never been full sims, they’re tailored for a wider audience. Of course…F1 has a wide popularity but in all the more hardcore sims out there you’ll probably see 5-10% F1 servers and the rest is all filled with GT cars.

Already 10 pages ....:confused: .... too lazy or no time enough to read everything .... ;)
I'm still waiting for the minimum and advised PC config specs .... in order to be sure mine is at least inbetween.

But was this already answered here ?:

**2019 Season coming as a free update, Summer 2019

No ** in the text above this mention ... just a question as it's mostly a question by curiosity or/and for sharing this information elsewhere.

I'll probably get it during the first 2 weeks because the price is really tempting and I always end up buying all of them (tho some of them end up gathering dust).
I like AC but not precisely for its GT3's.
I'm interested in hearing about physics, tire model and AI improvements. In the end those 3 factors will determine how many hours I'll put into the game.

But was this already answered here ?:

**2019 Season coming as a free update, Summer 2019

No ** in the text above this mention ... just a question as it's mostly a question by curiosity or/and for sharing this information elsewhere.

What is your question ? :)
The ** refers to the line :
All the Officially Licensed 2018 and 2019** Blancpain GT Series cars, teams and circuits.
in the last part of the roadmap

Plus the cars are easier to drive
Depends on what you mean with "to drive". Quite a few race cars are easy to get in and "drive" but hard to master and "drive fast", the same applies to GT3. The limits of those cars are a lot higher than some seem to realise.

And it looks like setups will be more intricate than in AC which in itself pose another challenge to being fast with GT3 cars.

As a 5 - 20 minute pop in per day controller driver, I am pleasantly surprised by the price.

It's an instant buy for me. Assetto Corsa is the only sim to be rewarding for people like me, who can't commit more than 10 mins per day and can't commit to wheel and pedals, never mind VR.

Can't wait for this one.

Can also see me following the Blancpain series for real, much as how the amiga F1GP got me hooked on F1 way back in 1992.

Wow, was on page 3 before I went to bed...now on page 10.

For people worried about Kunos not making money off of this just remember: PS4 and Xbox One don't have early access.

I'm pretty sure most of their sales will come from the consoles when the dust settles...so a few months later, after all the valuable feedback from us PC sim-guys and gals, they will have a polished product ready for both the PC & console masses to pay the full $60...while us PC guys have had a 6 month head-start getting used to the physics/FFB and a near 50% discount...what's not to love? ;)

Really hoping this is a mistake and Windows 7 will be supported. Not looking to derail the thread into another OS argument, just voicing my concerns as a current Win 7 user (and yes, Vulkan is amazing: games that struggled in the past run buttery smooth under Vulkan).

My current rig has 2 Xeon X5680, an overclocked GTX 980 ti and 32GB DDR3, which produces a solid 60 FPS in AC @ medium/high settings on triple 1080p monitors. Wondering if that'll be enough to run ACC as well (obviously at lower detail settings)...if not, I'm wondering if a system upgrade to faster RAM and removing the CPU bottleneck will significantly increase performance....let's say an i5 8600K, 16GB of DDR4 and keep the 980 ti?

Already 10 pages ....:confused: .... too lazy or no time enough to read everything .... ;)
I'm still waiting for the minimum and advised PC config specs .... in order to be sure
totally with you, too lazy :)

i doubt my pc will make the cut. i will still buy it day one, my favorite series in real life and by the time the game is complete (next spring) there is a fair chance i will have a new pc, old one is seven years old and starting to show signs of ageing, new will one will pass muster for sure, eventhough it will be just a normal office pc.

i doubt my pc will make the cut. i will still buy it day one, my favorite series in real life and by the time the game is complete (next spring) there is a fair chance i will have a new pc, old one is seven years old and starting to show signs of ageing, new will one will pass muster for sure, eventhough it will be just a normal office pc.
I have exactly the same situation. :D Will also buy on day one of course. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%