Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
When does the SDK for modding release? If at all that is. Any word on being able to run private servers or is it going to be Kunos servers only? Aka 1 series with one type of car on their rating on their servers, nothing else?
I'm sure it can be hacked and moded if it runs on UE the question is how hard is Kunos going to make it this time or outright block it in code, not allow private servers, etc. meaning that even if someone mods it and adds content or other features they would be stuck offline.

25 EUR to be a beta tester of a Demo? Shouldn't the payment be the other way? Early Access should be free, then buy the game when it launches if one wants to. Rather than pay to be a beta tester and get data mined.

From reading the other ACC posts yep I was right, physics copied from AC and tweaked, easy guess though. But physics weren't the Achilles heel of AC it was lack of league racing support in the game and from developers. Will it change with the boring GT cars ACC will offer and from the looks of it the only cars it will offer? Will see, so far it seems they finally had to add at least some features to support longer races, hopefully it will no longer be stuck in early 2000s features wise and endurance will be possible including easy spectating, starting order changes on the fly, server or at least track lobby, driver swapping, custom penalties from track officials, rolled starts, safety car, ...
WTF :O_o:

Will it change with the boring GT cars ACC will offer and from the looks of it the only cars it will offer? Will see, so far it seems they finally had to add at least some features to support longer races, hopefully it will no longer be stuck in early 2000s features wise and endurance will be possible including easy spectating, starting order changes on the fly, server or at least track lobby, driver swapping, custom penalties from track officials, rolled starts, safety car, ...
Looks like you're not the target audience for ACC, I guess you should wait for the upcoming GTR3 release, I bet they're going to offer everything you're asking for.
Edit: Oh, I think GTR3 is going to be free, too.

25 EUR to be a beta tester of a Demo? Shouldn't the payment be the other way? Early Access should be free, then buy the game when it launches if one wants to. Rather than pay to be a beta tester and get data mined.

From reading the other ACC posts yep I was right, physics copied from AC and tweaked, easy guess though. But physics weren't the Achilles heel of AC it was lack of league racing support in the game and from developers. Will it change with the boring GT cars ACC will offer and from the looks of it the only cars it will offer? Will see, so far it seems they finally had to add at least some features to support longer races, hopefully it will no longer be stuck in early 2000s features wise and endurance will be possible including easy spectating, starting order changes on the fly, server or at least track lobby, driver swapping, custom penalties from track officials, rolled starts, safety car, ...

Looks like ACC is not for you. Am sure you'll still be checking this page and future pages for more info.
Hope you find what you're looking for, in the meantime alot of us will happy to pay to be early access testers.

Looks like ACC is not for you. Am sure you'll still be checking this page and future pages for more info.
Hope you find what you're looking for, in the meantime alot of us will happy to pay to be early access testers.

...and get “paid” the difference between early access price and full price for our “troubles”...all depends on how you look at it.

Given Kunos’ track record, It’s a win-win in my book.

Living in a 3rd world country, it takes days to download games as big as Asssetto Corsa. I keep wondering if the Sept 12th date is region specific (i.e. 12AM in Australia for them, 12AM in New York for them, etc) or is it based on the time in a certain area (Italy for example)? I want to start downloading this the hour it’s available!

Help me Lord @kunos , you’re my only hope! :D

@Minolin just curious, what exactly did I say that was worthy of a disagree?

des le 12 septembre je me ferai la main en attendant lr le 10 10 2018
Mod Edit:
This is an English speaking forum please use it.
of September 12th I will do my hand until the 10th of January 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant 2560x1080 and everything on max...

LOL! The 1060 or RX470 will handle this game without any problems... This is on UE engine.

We can't compare 960M which is really weak to full GPU.
I meant 2560x1080 and everything on max...

So now since we know the sys requirements... we can say that I have told you, my 1060 won't be able to handle the game at 2560x1080 since 1070 is recommended. I'll be happy if I'll get 50 fps under dry circumstances and 35 when rain is present. I don't want to turn off every effect...I don't want to turn off anything.

Last edited:
And one more thing. It is said and we know that Unreal engine is Nvidia friendly. The RX580 and the GTX1060 is more or less on same level. So why do I need the 1070 as it is in the Official system requirements? I guess it's the 8GB on the card. But if that's the case, the optimization is a piece of sh***. Or it must be lifelike and photorealistic at crazy level as no game before.

Last edited:
How many of you watching the clock? I know I am...:D

Release time:
6pm Italy (CEST)
4pm England (GMT)
12pm East Coast USA (EST)
9am West Coast USA (PST)
2am (Sept 13) Australia (AEST)

4 hours left... :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing