Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 7.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have been busy teasing the upcoming 'release 6' for Assetto Corsa Competizione recently.

Delayed somewhat from the original schedule, release 6 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will obviously include plenty of as yet unknown fixes and improvements as it nears a full version 1 release status, however more about that on release day - for now let us focus on the things we know about the upcoming build update...

Thankfully to help ease some of the waiting for the new build, Kunos have dropped a few nice teaser images from the fresh content set to appear in ACC, both the Monza circuit and the very awesome Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. Coming compete with the 2015 and 2018 version of the car, you can check them out in these spectacular screenshots below.

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 3.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 5.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 6.jpg
ACC Monza.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 1.jpg

Oh, did we mention something about Motec support too...?

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 8.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Using 3rd party app, Motec output is possible in rF1, AMS and AC as well.
AC have native AIM output, similar to Motec brand but from Italy.

But native Motec support is great, as it easy to use multi platform.
OK sorry I forgot good ol archaic rF1 :x3:
And AC I didnt know.:barefoot:
Hehe and conserning the AIM thingy I dont want to use time learning something that MoteC probably can do bet... sorry just as good:roflmao:

Delayed somewhat... For a month. My, my, how the brain of us guy who plays simulators gets rewritten when it come to delays: everything in this niche gets delayed so much for every damn reason that we sort of get used to it. A month? Bleh. That's nothing.
I'll just point out to you that this is an Early Access title, so delays and hiccups are to be expected, and there's yet to be a specific release date for the final game.
But don't let that get in the way of your contempt, of course.

I'll just point out to you that this is an Early Access title, and there's yet to be a specific release date for the final game.
But don't let that get in the way of your contempt, of course.

I ain't white knighting anything in my life cause to be honest why should you. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad, when it's meh, it's meh.

However it was Kunos their choice to put dates to their releases and Q1 2019 for the full release, not their customers. When they can't meet that date that is entirely their problem and issue and not their customers who are asked to be patient. EA or not, cause EA is just an excuse to label a work in progress.

Nobody in their right mind will question the work in progress but when you - as a developer - put dates for your product, expect your customers to see you honour that deadline. That's basic. When customers start to defend deadlines not being held, well that's the contrary of what should happen from a pragmatic/objective point of view.

You can argue about this but in the end when a company puts out deadlines, it's their issue, and nobody else's.

The solution is easy: Do not put deadlines and let the EA/beta/whatever run for longer right from the start. Sadly very few companies have the wisdom to even allow themselves that margin of error right from the start.

EDIT:
Let the white knighting squad disagree with this post already. I'm expecting no less than 10 disagrees by tomorrow.

Last edited:
However it is was Kunos their choice to put dates to their releases and Q1 2019 for the full release, not their customers. When they can't meet that date that is entirely their problem and issue and not their customers who should be asked for patience. EA or not, cause EA is just an excuse to label a work in progress.
And don't let a bit of common sense and understanding get in the way of drama either... :rolleyes:

I've added a comment to it, so you might be happier now. But there really isn't much to add to such dramatic claims. No matter how much you try to guilt trip me into it.

When pragmatism and objective truth is no longer considered common sense you say?

Wasn't aware that when you give a compliment the other side considers it a guilt trip. It wasn't, and you should have the IQ to understand that.

I ain't white knighting anything in my life cause to be honest why should you. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad, when it's meh, it's meh.

However it was Kunos their choice to put dates to their releases and Q1 2019 for the full release, not their customers. When they can't meet that date that is entirely their problem and issue and not their customers who are asked to be patient. EA or not, cause EA is just an excuse to label a work in progress.

Nobody in their right mind will question the work in progress but when you - as a developer - put dates for your product, expect your customers to see you honour that deadline. That's basic. When customers start to defend deadlines not being held, well that's the contrary of what should happen from a pragmatic/objective point of view.

You can argue about this but in the end when a company puts out deadlines, it's their issue, and nobody else's.

The solution is easy: Do not put deadlines and let the EA/beta/whatever run for longer right from the start. Sadly very few companies have the wisdom to even allow themselves that margin of error right from the start.

EDIT:
Let the white knighting squad disagree with this post already. I'm expecting no less than 10 disagrees by tomorrow.

Of course it’s the developers fault to give a date and not stick to it, no one is saying otherwise.
I said weeks ago they should have just said ‘January’s release’, ‘February’s release’, etc, and not specify an exact date.
Ok, so they didnt do that, and for their best intentions they hoped to stick by their time scale but didn’t.
It’s not an issue to me or to most adults as I will just wait for the next release and judge them then no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:
Will they be making the VR useable in release 6 ? Or at least in the final release ? For me it's a complete nogo that there is no mouse support in VR. It just makes it so clunky. How hard can it be ?

I don’t understand the hate for vr in this game.
I use the Rift and don’t use 2d at all and find it great.
It’s not clunky to me at all.
There are are only 6 buttons (up/down/left/right/accept and back) that I have programmed to my wheel and couldn’t be easier.
Just set it up initially in 2d and then never touch 2d again.

ACC has updated their Facebook heading to show the new Nissan.
They do this when they are releasing the update the same day.
Picture.jpg

Love the comment 'are you going to fix the mouse steering' :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes