Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 7.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have been busy teasing the upcoming 'release 6' for Assetto Corsa Competizione recently.

Delayed somewhat from the original schedule, release 6 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will obviously include plenty of as yet unknown fixes and improvements as it nears a full version 1 release status, however more about that on release day - for now let us focus on the things we know about the upcoming build update...

Thankfully to help ease some of the waiting for the new build, Kunos have dropped a few nice teaser images from the fresh content set to appear in ACC, both the Monza circuit and the very awesome Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. Coming compete with the 2015 and 2018 version of the car, you can check them out in these spectacular screenshots below.

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 3.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 5.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 6.jpg
ACC Monza.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 1.jpg

Oh, did we mention something about Motec support too...?

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 8.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Yeah, I had a quick run through the settings, but no matter what I do, my GPU performance seems to be noticeably worse than it was. My GPU is now basically pegged at 99 %, which it wasn't before (except for night or rain at times), while the framerate is worse than it was. And due to me trying to lower the settings even more, it seems the game looks worse.

But I need more time, I only spent like 20 minutes on this so far.
What CPU do you have Martin?

This update is awesome.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love my FFB (G27) ,Love AI, Graphical improvements (1080 TI), sounds Awesome (Same as before).
I just cant thanks kunos more.
I wish kunos keeps AC to stay as it is now , i want no change.
One thing i cant test now is VR, it'll arrive in one or two weeks.

Last edited:
This update is awesome.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love my FFB (G27) ,Love AI, Graphical improvements (1080 TI), sounds Awesome (Same as before).
I just cant thanks kunos more.
I wish kunos keeps AC to stay as it is now , i want no change.
One thing i cant test now is VR, it'll arrive in one or two weeks.
I has 1080ti (4790k 4.7ghz, 16gb ram)also great graphic improvements! Also i noticed frame improve if making visible cars to 14-16.

Release 6 seems to have broken my install entirely, it won't start at all, either in VR or pancake mode. Oh well, I deinstalled it and am trying my luck with a fresh install. Can't complain really, it is still early access ;)

Performance for me is the same as before. Just dialed in the new features a little. Traded foliage quality for foliage lod to get lower graphic settings for less pop-in. It's all fine and awesome but I really wondered why I found the game to be ugly in the rain. Sometimes it's awesome, then it's ugly for my eyes. Guess I found the reason:
upload_2019-3-4_22-29-43.png

Black raindrops? I mean reflections and stuff of course but ermh... That's a bit much imo :unsure:
Same for dry weather. The graphics are stunning but at times it looks like the contrast is clipping, breaking the immersion for me a little.

Yeah, I had a quick run through the settings, but no matter what I do, my GPU performance seems to be noticeably worse than it was. My GPU is now basically pegged at 99 %, which it wasn't before (except for night or rain at times), while the framerate is worse than it was. And due to me trying to lower the settings even more, it seems the game looks worse.

But I need more time, I only spent like 20 minutes on this so far.
Same here Mate, also how annoying that the HUD and camera view change everytime you hit pause! Come on can't it just remember I have the HUD turned off and the camera on the one without the wheel?

Just deleted everything documents/local data folder.
Uninstalled ACC and began fresh.
Same FPS before deleting fps.

However I found the problem.
(One of the positives of unreal 4 is you can do graphics changes in game.)

Mirror resolution quality is massive fps killer.
The only setting that costs 30-35fps instantly.
If you switch from Mid to off you gain 35 fps.

So you can drive ACC without mirrors but atleast now its smooth at 80 fps. :p

Who needs mirrors anyways.
I can't see my mirrors with my fov so will that still have effect?

Well, I managed to get the performance back to where it was (for the most part), possibly even a bit better. I'm not sure what actually helped, though, because I made the biggest mistake of troubleshooting and did several things at once. But I did do the full reinstall of the game (I tried removing the settings from my user profile previously, but that did nothing) and I also did lower the mirror resolution (though I'm pretty sure I had it lowered before the reinstall). But yeah, mostly back to 60 fps.

Still having some issues, though, mostly some microstutters, at least in Monza (seems to almost be a non-issue with the other tracks), and also a lot of visual (well, hope so, at least) steering wheel lag, and I mean a lot, especially as the GPU usage nears 99 %.

The game has also crashed on me several times, but that might be due to external factors I guess, even though I don't have these problems in other titles.

I would also love to hear some tips on lowering the VRAM usage, as even with textures on Low (which is the lowest setting), it's still pretty high :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.