Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 7.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have been busy teasing the upcoming 'release 6' for Assetto Corsa Competizione recently.

Delayed somewhat from the original schedule, release 6 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will obviously include plenty of as yet unknown fixes and improvements as it nears a full version 1 release status, however more about that on release day - for now let us focus on the things we know about the upcoming build update...

Thankfully to help ease some of the waiting for the new build, Kunos have dropped a few nice teaser images from the fresh content set to appear in ACC, both the Monza circuit and the very awesome Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. Coming compete with the 2015 and 2018 version of the car, you can check them out in these spectacular screenshots below.

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 3.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 5.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 6.jpg
ACC Monza.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 1.jpg

Oh, did we mention something about Motec support too...?

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 8.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Delayed somewhat... For a month. My, my, how the brain of us guy who plays simulators gets rewritten when it come to delays: everything in this niche gets delayed so much for every damn reason that we sort of get used to it. A month? Bleh. That's nothing.

This should be released in the next day or 2.
One of the devs said on the forum that they wanted the weekend for final checks before release, so presuming nothing goes wrong it will hopefully come out Monday.
I am off work until Friday, so fingers crossed.

So it basically tells me what I need to tune then, suspension stiffness, rpm limit ect?
Even people who have just superficially experienced what the (free) MoteC prog can do if the sim supports it will like me be super excited that ACC will natively support it.:)

To the best of my knowledge only iRacing and rF2 has until now supported it (via a 3rd party app) but the great thing about MoteC is that the data display can be used by almost anyone.
Used both by the more casual driver who only wants to know if his braking strategy is optimal - or used by the fullblown technical data nerd who want to discover every detail that can be output from a simulated car.
This variation is possible because you can either download other peoples (free) MoteC "projects" and use them very selective to some simple data display - or create your own more or less advanced project using the MoteC programming language to display almost any possible car data from the simulated car.

Without bragging :roflmao: but to give an example of the last more nerdy variation then some years back as iRacing member I created a Motec project that was able to display the realtime grip value for a car anywhere on a track - and beside of that ofcourse also the AVG grip for a whole lap.
Using this feature it was pretty easy to display which of 2 different setups produced highest grip on a track.
Hehe a few of iRacings pro drivers posted me regularly some telemetry output files to compare - but they were almost paranoid that I didnt publish their names(or files :rolleyes: ).

Check out this pic of how simple it is in MoteC to distinguish as example which lap produced highest AVG grip in a test session.

Grip_Mosport.png

13 different brands will be in it if I'm right, although the model count is higher because we will have both versions of the Nissan GT-R and the Bentley Continental GT and probably many more.
e.g. Lamborghini Huracan, Gallardo REX, possible Super Trofeo because of Spa 24h
Same with Porsche Supercup from Spa along with the 911 GT3-R
Not to mention new cars in 2019 season -> New Aston, Evo versions of the R8, Huracan, NSX, new mid-engined Porsche, hopefully McLaren if it gets an entry...

So lots of cars...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing