Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 7.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have been busy teasing the upcoming 'release 6' for Assetto Corsa Competizione recently.

Delayed somewhat from the original schedule, release 6 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will obviously include plenty of as yet unknown fixes and improvements as it nears a full version 1 release status, however more about that on release day - for now let us focus on the things we know about the upcoming build update...

Thankfully to help ease some of the waiting for the new build, Kunos have dropped a few nice teaser images from the fresh content set to appear in ACC, both the Monza circuit and the very awesome Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. Coming compete with the 2015 and 2018 version of the car, you can check them out in these spectacular screenshots below.

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 3.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 5.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 6.jpg
ACC Monza.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 1.jpg

Oh, did we mention something about Motec support too...?

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 8.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Performance seems to have dropped for me :(

Same here.
Game does look stunning. Imo best looking of any racing game.

I lost 15 FPS. As soon you start turning off features to get back FPS it starts to look like game from 2005.

I have come to conclusion AMD cards just suck with ACC.

Before 0.6
rx580
(alone 50fps)
now 0.6 version 35 fps

race with rain and AI I haven't even bothered probably pc would catch fire :D

No, it's not you. I lost performance with the same settings since this update. I don't like the graphics at all though. I'm really disappointed in the lack of crispness to the image and the VR performance.

No triple screen update (although i wasn't expecting one). It's an immersion killer for me to play this on triple screens with the crazy FOV/stretched side screens though. If VR was good, it wouldn't be a big deal but the VR performance is terrible.

Yeah, I had a quick run through the settings, but no matter what I do, my GPU performance seems to be noticeably worse than it was. My GPU is now basically pegged at 99 %, which it wasn't before (except for night or rain at times), while the framerate is worse than it was. And due to me trying to lower the settings even more, it seems the game looks worse.

But I need more time, I only spent like 20 minutes on this so far.

For those with performance issues:
First of all I recommend wiping AC2 and Assetto Corsa Competizione folders in AppData/Local and documents, respectively. Then I'd even recommend a full reinstall, especially with VR.
I know it's inconvenient but we had a major graphics settings overhaul and it is to be expected in an early access phase.

Then, Mirrors Resolution is extremely heavy, I personally don't recomment going over MID.
Temporal Upsampling and Volumetric Fog are to be disabled in VR, make sure you do that too.

In VR, people are reporting issues when using mirrors at all, so I recommend testing to turn it off in the meantime to see if it makes a difference, we'll investigate this.

Last edited:
Those with performance issues.
First of all I recommend wiping AC2 and Assetto Corsa Competizione folders in AppData/Local and documents, respectively. Then I'd even recommend a full reinstall, especially with VR.
I know it's inconvenient but we had a major graphics settings overhaul and it is to be expected in an early access phase.

Then, Mirrors Resolution is extremely heavy, I personally don't recomment going over MID.
Temporal Upsampling and Volumetric Fog are to be disabled in VR, make sure you do that too.

In VR, people are reporting issues when using mirrors at all, so I recommend testing to turn it off in the meantime to see if it makes a difference, we'll investigate this.

so delete folder
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione
and
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\AC2

Than uninstall ACC?
Gonna give it shot

Well, whatever "optimization" was done on their end it just made performance MUCH worse... I used to cap the framerate at 70 to keep it smooth in my 60hz monitor, now I struggle to maintain an average 50 fps in a race with many settings lowered... and yes, I did disable the new options.

You know, I'm really the kind of guy who likes to support the developers during early access, but so far ACC couldn't really keep me interested for more than an hour after each release... at least I bought this before build 1 so it was cheap. Who knows, eventually this game will be fun.

For those with performance issues:

Yes, mirrors are very heavy. With mirrors back to mid I feel like the game runs better than before. Tree lods to Epic is so great, thanks for implementing it! No more pop ins, it was my main problem with PCARS2 graphics as well and now it is solved in ACC.

Could you please explain what is that temporal upsampling? I feel like the game looks much better in 1080p but I can't really describe how.

The game seems to be an absolute hog of VRAM. Even with low textures and mid settings (at best), it is still consuming almost 4 gigs of VRAM :O_o: And apart from the persisting texture streaming issues where the textures sometimes take a long time to load or don't load at all, I honestly couldn't tell a difference between the various settings just from a visual standpoint.

Just deleted everything documents/local data folder.
Uninstalled ACC and began fresh.
Same FPS before deleting fps.

However I found the problem.
(One of the positives of unreal 4 is you can do graphics changes in game.)

Mirror resolution quality is massive fps killer.
The only setting that costs 30-35fps instantly.
If you switch from Mid to off you gain 35 fps.

So you can drive ACC without mirrors but atleast now its smooth at 80 fps. :p

Who needs mirrors anyways.

I had to switch mirrors completele off, otherwise the performance was way worse than before. If I turn them off, my FPS are doubled. If they are on, no matter what mirror resolution or quality, the frames are totally killed. Other than that the game looks better. There is much more detail on the cockpit materials.

PS: I love the updated driver ratings widget. Only downside, without VR, my consistency and car control rating goes down, so now, there is no other way for me than using that bulky Rift. :)

Just downloading and updating ... but what I red so far in the release notes ... no update or enhancement of the controls??? Kunos, you must be kidding. You have reached Release 0.6 and you were not be able to implement a simple functionality like the individual configuration of an arbitrary gamepad as a wheel in the meantime? That is really poor.

Well, whatever "optimization" was done on their end it just made performance MUCH worse... I used to cap the framerate at 70 to keep it smooth in my 60hz monitor, now I struggle to maintain an average 50 fps in a race with many settings lowered... and yes, I did disable the new options.

You know, I'm really the kind of guy who likes to support the developers during early access, but so far ACC couldn't really keep me interested for more than an hour after each release... at least I bought this before build 1 so it was cheap. Who knows, eventually this game will be fun.

You are not alone with your thoughts about ACC. ACC contains all nice features we all hoped for AC, but game still feels ”empty”. Maybe it’s that game only contains GT3 cars???
I hope that on V1.0, there will be something that keeps me playing it more than i have played it atm. (7 hours.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back