Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 7.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have been busy teasing the upcoming 'release 6' for Assetto Corsa Competizione recently.

Delayed somewhat from the original schedule, release 6 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will obviously include plenty of as yet unknown fixes and improvements as it nears a full version 1 release status, however more about that on release day - for now let us focus on the things we know about the upcoming build update...

Thankfully to help ease some of the waiting for the new build, Kunos have dropped a few nice teaser images from the fresh content set to appear in ACC, both the Monza circuit and the very awesome Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. Coming compete with the 2015 and 2018 version of the car, you can check them out in these spectacular screenshots below.

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 3.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 5.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 6.jpg
ACC Monza.jpg
ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 1.jpg

Oh, did we mention something about Motec support too...?

ACC Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 8.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

The game is gorgeous but one thing keeps ruining the experience. After first qualy or after first race, I cannot continue because engine is not running and cannot be started. So race is over... :(

Do you drive and stop in the pits at the end of the session when this happens? (BTW while we fix this, you can temporarily work around this by setting manual starter during the new session via the pause menu).

Do you drive and stop in the pits at the end of the session when this happens? (BTW while we fix this, you can temporarily work around this by setting manual starter during the new session via the pause menu).
Thanks for the reply. I have bound ignition and engine start but when I press the button only ignition sound can be heard but the engine wouldn't start.
And it occurs right after I press next session. Engine is not running and I cannot start.

Thanks for the reply. I have bound ignition and engine start but when I press the button only ignition sound can be heard but the engine wouldn't start.
And it occurs right after I press next session. Engine is not running and I cannot start.

Hang on, so you have manual engine starter set? In this case, turn on the ignition (default shift+I) and then start the engine (default S, press long).

Hang on, so you have manual engine starter set? In this case, turn on the ignition (default shift+I) and then start the engine (default S, press long).
So I'm back home and playing ACC. After three races, finishing the first race session I press "NEXT SESSION" and the car is on the grid with engine off. I've tried shift+I and pressing "S" long, but only ignition sound and engine stays off. It's a big issue, since one cannot start the second race.
The only thing I could do is quit race. :(

So I'm back home and playing ACC. After three races, finishing the first race session I press "NEXT SESSION" and the car is on the grid with engine off. I've tried shift+I and pressing "S" long, but only ignition sound and engine stays off. It's a big issue, since one cannot start the second race.
The only thing I could do is quit race. :(
Go on official AC forum, and report an issue! Its so pointless to say that here! And that goes for 80% of you other guys. Go there and say whats your issue, only this way Kunos and company can FIX it. Is this so hard to get it? Please.

Anyway, Game is Great, I like it, it has some minor bugs or issues (yes, I reported what I found and was worth mentioning), but I`m sure Kunos will fix all that eventually.

I've had the same issue yesterday. Mapped both ignition and starter on my wheel. Formation lap starts, I press ignition, then starter, I hear the starter sound, but the engine doesn't start. Tried several times in a row, didn't help, never was able to get the engine running. Tried restarting the race a few times, didn't help. So I switched back to the engine auto start to be able to race.

I assumed I was doing something wrong, but maybe not?

I've had the same issue yesterday. Mapped both ignition and starter on my wheel. Formation lap starts, I press ignition, then starter, I hear the starter sound, but the engine doesn't start. Tried several times in a row, didn't help, never was able to get the engine running. Tried restarting the race a few times, didn't help. So I switched back to the engine auto start to be able to race.

You should really report this over at the official forums but could you please tell me all of your assist settings? Gearbox, clutch, engine start etc. Thanks.

Which is more frustrating that I set engine autostart and still it doesn't start.

No assists (at that point), everything manual. Tried it both in neutral and in first with clutch in (obviously). I'll see if I can replicate it.
OK, this will sound really dumb, but I think I might've been pushing the wrong button for ignition... :rolleyes: I just realized this as I was trying to recreate the issue. I didn't realize the wrong button would result in driver animation as well (I don't have that button mapped to any action in the game, but I do use it via Joy2Key, so the keys I have mapped to it probably do something in the game without me realizing).

But the starter sound can be heard when you press the starter button even if the ignition is off, which is a bit confusing.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea