Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

1. If rF1 and rF2 can accommodate a maximum of 105 cars at once* and SRS entries sometimes are over 80 split into groups, what's the maximum number of cars you can have on track at once, will it be the same number as the real Nurburgring 24 Hours (over 100) or around 22 like in AC. If there's a shortage of pit garages, you can expend from the paddock area which they do on some tracks in Automobilista.
  2. Can we use the skins we acquired from websites such as from RD rather than those provided? (which was one of my biggest complaint with AC, why take all the effort to download skins from here when you can't use them on a pub server)
  3. Where would ACC rank in realism compared to other sims out there?
  4. With the SRO deal, will there be DLCs exploring their past series (BPR Global GT, FIA GT, etc)
  5. Rather than being teleported from pits to startline like in AC, will cars be leaving straight from the pits and around onto the startline with the warmup laps.
  6. (As this was in AMS) Rather than being teleported back into the pits like most sims, we could have the stricken car left on (or by or the edge of) the track for a few minutes which then would be "towed" back onto the pits - this would encourage drivers to drive their car back to the pits and we should punish drivers who dump stricken cars in the middle of the live track.
  7. Will be stuck in the gravel trap mean the car will be stuck there (and be left there in most cases until the end of the race as would encourage cautious driving) and will driving onto Paul Ricard's blue/red zones mean harsher tire wear.
  8. If there's no mods, there should be templates for skinning
  9. As also an option to spectate online races, there should also be an option for non-competitors to "marshal" online competition which also means report on-track incidents

*like in rF1's CSGT's WSC70 mods, you can have a total of 101 cars at 1970 Daytona road course, all of which extends from the old-fashioned paddock garage into the circuit.

Last edited:
- All headlight modes?
- Wiper modes?
- Driver swap amination?
- Real Blancpain GT Series HUD?
- Real TV cameras?
- Real billboards?
- Safety Car?
- More realstic damage?
- Complete garage animation (repair, exit of the garage, etc...)?
- Indicators?
- More realistic run-off areas (ability to go behind the barriers)?
- Track marshall animation?
- Tractor animation (to clear the cars that are in the gravels)?
- Team radio?
- Formation lap?
- Tyre marbles?
- Complete pitstop animation (replacement of the drink bottle)?
- Speaker sound?
- Fireworks during night at Spa?
- Circuit enclosure animations (at Spa, concerts and fun fair?)
- Helicopter + POV helicopter cam?
- Medical car?
- Podium?
- Waved chequered flag
- DX12 support?

Last edited:
- Will it have API so CrewChief can be supported? Or similar inbuilt solution?
- True 3D mirrors? With VR or TrackIR important
- Adjustable mirror angles? In triple screen some cars of AC1 mirrors aren't very useful
- Can menus be controlled with wheel?
- Since there is less cars, will they be more detailed? Clickable cockpits like netKar PRO maybe?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 503495

My questions, @Paul Jeffrey :
  • Will there be modding support? If so, will there be areas of the game encrypted and locked away? GPL, GP4, NR2003, and GTR² lived long lives due to being a single package that was open enough for modifications.
  • Will this title be a standalone or will it grow with DLCs, i.e. 2018 WEC Season, 1989 Group C Prototypes, etc? Something like R3E where it's one title with multiple packages released, instead of a new game for a new series or a new AC "general content" title.
  • How long will this game receive support? Will there be another Kunos/Digital Bros. title in 2019 or 2020? Assetto Corsa is stated as a copyright from 2014-2020, yet AC 1 was deemed complete and left as is in 2017.
  • How is the game's rules package? Will all sessions and possibilities of a real race be covered?
  • How are they developing wet weather correlating with their AC physics? How much will they actually fix and expand from the core Assetto physics?
  • Are you done with the bad "Stage" upgrade system from AC1?
  • What is dynamic and what is preset?
  • Will they ever consider Vulkan?

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione focus on racing series...
While a separate title, possibly called "Assetto Corsa Strada" focus on road cars, at a later date?

Is the replay system getting overhauled, allowing for Helicopter Cameras, and allowing the dynamic cameras focal point to track realistically.. Instead of staying fixed on the cars centre... Like it does in AC?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back