Assetto Corsa Competizione E3 Trailer - Gameplay Footage to Reveal Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The highly anticipated release of Assetto Corsa Competizione gets ever closer - with a new E3 special trailer reveal, and a promise of gameplay footage coming soon!

With the E3 event in America set to kick off in the very near future, Kunos Simulazioni have released the very first trailer for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - the official racing title of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series...

Having been announced back in February to much enthusiasm from the sim racing community, this new title is not seen as a sequel to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa game, but more of a branching out by the Italian development team as they look to make use of the much sought after official licence for arguably the best GT3 racing series in the world - the Blancpain GT Series.

Notable as the first game from Kunos to make use of he powerful Unreal 4 engine, including weather and time of day features, the new game certainly looks like it has many of the ingredients to become an instant hit when it releases on Steam Early Access later this year.

As well as the launch trailer, Kunos have also confirmed the simulation will be playable at E3 on the Thrustmaster stand, so expect the next few days to contain some first footage from this highly anticipated racing simulation...

Want to get an idea about what the developers have in store? Catch up on our recent interview with Marco and Stefano below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Trailer.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yes its a big mistake and requires attention,
like I mentioned there should be a "Apex A Main, and a "Apex B Off"
racing line apexes and none racing line apexes, which will produce true immersion,
nothing else will do,
watching real videos the apex make rumble sounds not gravel trap sounds,
not sure why someone would disagree, realism is realism there is no cutting corners,
last time I checked simulation was realism, not arcade.
I see it differently:
I mean, you spotted it and when we have a chance to hear from Kunos guys, we can tell them about this missing thing. I'm sure they can fix it, because don't forget this is a tech demo, alpha version. There's plenty of time to fix bugs before the V1.0
Also don't forget that we can access ACC forum during the Early Access and talk about this and other potential issues we encounter.

I see it differently:
I mean, you spotted it and when we have a chance to hear from Kunos guys, we can tell them about this missing thing. I'm sure they can fix it, because don't forget this is a tech demo, alpha version. There's plenty of time to fix bugs before the V1.0
Also don't forget that we can access ACC forum during the Early Access and talk about this and other potential issues we encounter.
They claim the sounds of the cars are directly recorded, if that is the true case and they have compared onboards to the cars also under racing conditions,
it takes someone from a 3rd party forum to mention it ?
I mean yeah its a simple fix, like all the other issues I see also, I gather I should go mention them as well.

RSS has official sounds directly recorded from multiple cars, and we dont have those sounds from the apexes and the sounds come at a massive cost, I am talking about 30 years experience playing only racing games, and experience with direct recorded audio samples and comparing to reality,
which either give the sounds in that video, including those ridiculous gear shift sounds which was taken from the snes.

They claim the sounds of the cars are directly recorded, if that is the true case and they have compared onboards to the cars also under racing conditions,
it takes someone from a 3rd party forum to mention it ?
I mean yeah its a simple fix, like all the other issues I see also, I gather I should go mention them as well.

RSS has official sounds directly recorded from multiple cars, and we dont have those sounds from the apexes and the sounds come at a massive cost, I am talking about 30 years experience playing only racing games, and experience with direct recorded audio samples and comparing to reality,
which either give the sounds in that video, including those ridiculous gear shift sounds which was taken from the snes.
You sound too much aggressive with your words, but I can understand you, as everyone else here, want a great racing sim in all respects.
Take note of the things you find not properly realistic and the bugs you see and we can gather them in a dedicated thread as community. If we work as a community, giving feedback, for sure we can help Kunos shaping the sim in the best way.

3 new gameplay videos with race in rain at Spa, night, sunset, Ferrari 488:

https://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_assetto_corsa_2_en_piste-20176_fr.html

Looks pretty awesome if you ask me. @Paul Jeffrey maybe worth adding to an article, along with the official trailer.
What the massive wet reflection issues on Spa and all the shadow bugs ?
the videos look awesome, hopefully once released the beta testers for the 1st time in history might even give some feedback instead of telling there friends there playing ACC.

You sound too much aggressive with your words, but I can understand you, as everyone else here, want a great racing sim in all respects.
Take note of the things you find not properly realistic and the bugs you see and we can gather them in a dedicated thread as community. If we work as a community, giving feedback, for sure we can help Kunos shaping the sim in the best way.
So this is not a thread discussing the topic in hand ?
I will discuss topics where they are placed and they are placed right here.

Looks pretty awesome if you ask me. @Paul Jeffrey maybe worth adding to an article, along with the official trailer.
I love the trailers, two things that I noticed, the incredible low resolution Audi LCD screen in the left at roughly around 18 seconds and the jumping shadows the sun makes when going down, like in FH2

The visual issues with the previous Monza video are not so noticeable in the two Spa videos. Those look awesome! The night visuals are looking very convincing and there's so much attention to detail!

Stefano has pointed out in the Racedepartment interview that they had a very short deadline until Early Access, so, considering that, some issues are to be expected by then and some visual elements and sounds might even still be placeholders... but still what they've achieved overall is already looking very impressive I would say :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I was just wondering why you sound so frustrated. In any case you can report here the bugs you find but eventually it's best to make a dedicated thread about them, don't you think?
Lets simply delete this thread and any discussion about ACC, have it on the AC forums no ?
I mean this thread is a dedicated RD thread, I am a member of RD and I will discuss WTF I want in dedicated threads.

Lets simply delete this thread and any discussion about ACC, have it on the AC forums no ?
I mean this thread is a dedicated RD thread, I am a member of RD and I will discuss WTF I want in dedicated threads.
You still don't get my words....
I'm not asking you to stop talking about what you don't like of ACC. It's good you report here your thoughts about the issues you found in the footage. It's best to collect all the possible issues and create in the future a dedicated thread here, to have all the community of RD focused on feedback report.
I Just don't get why you're so frustrated, while this is a very early stage of the game.

You still don't get my words....
I'm not asking you to stop talking about what you don't like of ACC. It's good you report here your thoughts about the issues you found in the footage. It's best to collect all the possible issues and create in the future a dedicated thread here, to have all the community of RD focused on feedback report.
I Just don't get why you're so frustrated, while this is a very early stage of the game.
I am not frustrated far from it,
just stating what was claimed on the ACC website and what I see are 2 different worlds.

Can you please link that statement?
Keep in mind many things are just placeholder...
This..
683c70e6c509ad7738bf1a0ad2f8f1db.png

But please keep in mind I have on my PC also real GT car direct recorded audio multi channels,
and from over 15 different areas of the actual cars,
in which there is even recordings from the floor pans, in which there is no gravel traps on the apexes,
so taking into consideration what I have and what I hear then I make claims,
the audio in those videos is far from direct recorded audio maybe 20% if that,

and then I look at the wet and see the minimal LOD reflections on the wet surface, which again tells me there is massive performance issues,
also the massive over exaggerated shadows in the trees and the shadow bugs you want me to go on ? oh no I forgot I should mention the video in a different video thread.

This..
683c70e6c509ad7738bf1a0ad2f8f1db.png

But please keep in mind I have on my PC also real GT car direct recorded audio multi channels,
and from over 15 different areas of the actual cars,
in which there is even recordings from the floor pans, in which there is no gravel traps on the apexes,
so taking into consideration what I have and what I hear then I make claims,
the audio in those videos is far from direct recorded audio maybe 20% if that,

and then I look at the wet and see the minimal LOD reflections on the wet surface, which again tells me there is massive performance issues,
also the massive over exaggerated shadows in the trees and the shadow bugs you want me to go on ? oh no I forgot I should mention the video in a different video thread.
This is a pre alpha

Well this is like mono vs ACC stereo, but overall sounds are very close, just balance is very different. In this video car has much less engine, more whine and gear changes are louder. Real car also have little gravelish sounds and it's not even on the apex. :rolleyes:

I think sounds are much better than anything what we have in AC.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%