Assetto Corsa Competizione E3 Trailer - Gameplay Footage to Reveal Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The highly anticipated release of Assetto Corsa Competizione gets ever closer - with a new E3 special trailer reveal, and a promise of gameplay footage coming soon!

With the E3 event in America set to kick off in the very near future, Kunos Simulazioni have released the very first trailer for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - the official racing title of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series...

Having been announced back in February to much enthusiasm from the sim racing community, this new title is not seen as a sequel to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa game, but more of a branching out by the Italian development team as they look to make use of the much sought after official licence for arguably the best GT3 racing series in the world - the Blancpain GT Series.

Notable as the first game from Kunos to make use of he powerful Unreal 4 engine, including weather and time of day features, the new game certainly looks like it has many of the ingredients to become an instant hit when it releases on Steam Early Access later this year.

As well as the launch trailer, Kunos have also confirmed the simulation will be playable at E3 on the Thrustmaster stand, so expect the next few days to contain some first footage from this highly anticipated racing simulation...

Want to get an idea about what the developers have in store? Catch up on our recent interview with Marco and Stefano below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Trailer.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking a bit rough at the moment, with the very noticeable tree LODs poping into view and shadow crawling at a very close distance that can be noticed along the starting line grand stands and some other places... but it's still pre-alpha so I'm sure the visuals will eventually get some polish :)

Yeah the shadow popping is a bit noticeable. But the animations for all the buttons, shaking safety nets and wipers, different pages on the display, damn that's some attention to detail. Nismo sounds imo very close to real counterpart too. Also Billy Strange (is on scene at E3) said the pit radio is a feature (so not a trailer voice over)

Just Wow! The sounds are soooo raw. Huge improvement over the original AC. And by the way, the GTR's cockpit is massively change. :) And one more thing: Spotter! That is not crewchief for sure.
I have something I don't like though. You would not see the edge of the hemet like this but only a blurry something. I don't know why none of the games can handle that.
I'm wondering under what kind of hardware the footage was made? I'm afraid my R5 1600X/GTX 1060 6GB will struggle.

Last edited:
Full one without voice over.

Looks like there making the same mistakes as everyone else, why would there be insane amounts of gravel on the apexes ?
that sound destroys my mind totally, its straight arcade and nothing is balanced at all audio wise,
why would the apexes on every single corner and racing line sound like a gravel trap ?
straight arcade sounds, everyone uses those apexes so there just as clean as the track if not cleaner,
there should be a Apex_A and a Apex_B sounds,
racing line apex should have maybe zero audio change but the non racing line apex should have gravel sounds and dirt, but not the racing line on each corner,
when there serious about making a simulator tell them to send me a email.

Anybody hear a gravel trap here on the apex, to me I here rumble sounds ?
in ACC I hear only gravel which is totally fake and wrong, did anyone at Kunos even watch a lap when doing the audio ?

Amazing attention to details in the cockpit!
I love the sound, it's a really good improvement over AC!
Spotter spotter!!!
Look at the motion capture of the track marshalls and the mechanics (few frames unfortunately). Massive improvement over AC.
Nice helmet view, I like it, but the only thing missing is the visor. Hopefully we will see different visors in a more advanced build.

I ❤️️ THIS GAME.
Early Access for me!

Anybody hear a gravel trap here on the apex, to me I here rumble sounds ?
in ACC I hear only gravel which is totally fake and wrong, did anyone at Kunos even watch a lap when doing the audio ?
I think in the real life footage the rumble on the heavy/high curbs is more pronounced. But I think it's an easy thing to fix, since Kunos can make the sound more raw when the car hit an heavy/high curb.

Is this what you mean?

I think in the real life footage the rumble on the heavy/high curbs is more pronounced. But I think it's an easy thing to fix, since Kunos can make the sound more raw when the car hit an heavy/high curb.

Is this what you mean?
Yes its a big mistake and requires attention,
like I mentioned there should be a "Apex A Main, and a "Apex B Off"
racing line apexes and none racing line apexes, which will produce true immersion,
nothing else will do,
watching real videos the apex make rumble sounds not gravel trap sounds,
not sure why someone would disagree, realism is realism there is no cutting corners,
last time I checked simulation was realism, not arcade.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%