Assetto Corsa Competizione E3 Trailer - Gameplay Footage to Reveal Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The highly anticipated release of Assetto Corsa Competizione gets ever closer - with a new E3 special trailer reveal, and a promise of gameplay footage coming soon!

With the E3 event in America set to kick off in the very near future, Kunos Simulazioni have released the very first trailer for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - the official racing title of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series...

Having been announced back in February to much enthusiasm from the sim racing community, this new title is not seen as a sequel to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa game, but more of a branching out by the Italian development team as they look to make use of the much sought after official licence for arguably the best GT3 racing series in the world - the Blancpain GT Series.

Notable as the first game from Kunos to make use of he powerful Unreal 4 engine, including weather and time of day features, the new game certainly looks like it has many of the ingredients to become an instant hit when it releases on Steam Early Access later this year.

As well as the launch trailer, Kunos have also confirmed the simulation will be playable at E3 on the Thrustmaster stand, so expect the next few days to contain some first footage from this highly anticipated racing simulation...

Want to get an idea about what the developers have in store? Catch up on our recent interview with Marco and Stefano below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Trailer.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thanks to their wonderful VR implementation/optimization, AC is really the only sim I play anymore. Really stoked for ACC, I would be surprised if KS doesn't do an amazing job, as these guys have really earned my trust/respect over the years.

It's been a fun trip with AC - I've been lapping in AC since the beginning of the early access days and it's been interesting to see the game develop. Before VR, AC was always that constant "#2 sim" for me...which probably does not sound like a very nice compliment, but the thing is, as I went through my phases (AMS, R3E, rF2), I would always circle back to AC (which speaks to how solid it is). Once VR came out, I sort of narrowed the field to R3E and AC. I still love R3E, but I find AC's VR to be much more optimized.

I don't think the same can be said here. It's Kunos but this time they have a better engine to work with. Physics are being transferred and they've had so much unprecedented access to the current crop of GT3 machinery for this year.
Gaining the GT3 license was a major coup and I think they're running with it.
Sure EA may have some teething problems but I think the base that we will get will be a step up from AC, visually, content wise and in options for gameplay.

I literally cannot wait to buy the EA on Steam. I did it with AC and it was the best decision I made as AC has the most play time to date of any racing title I've ever owned.

I don't think the same can be said here. It's Kunos but this time they have a better engine to work with. Physics are being transferred and they've had so much unprecedented access to the current crop of GT3 machinery for this year.
Gaining the GT3 license was a major coup and I think they're running with it.
Sure EA may have some teething problems but I think the base that we will get will be a step up from AC, visually, content wise and in options for gameplay.

I literally cannot wait to buy the EA on Steam. I did it with AC and it was the best decision I made as AC has the most play time to date of any racing title I've ever owned.

Ditto, ACC is an EA auto-purchase for me - KS has more than earned my trust/admiration. Not a smart thing to say as a consumer, but if they name their price, I'll pay it. I've more than got my money's worth out of AC.

Looking forward to ACC?
Meh...if gt3 is your thing i am sure those will enjoy it and kunos will do an great job.

As for me I prefer a well rounded title with multiple racing classes and a solid mp, kind of done hoping from title to title just to race a certain class.

I will only purchase it if its a fairly complete title at launch and not the usual half ass beta releases weve been getting the past few yrs from most racing games

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back