• 25000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
AMS2 made me revisit PCars2.
I was just using E30 with new Christiaan's FFB mod and to be honest while not as "harshly exciting" as AMS2, it feels like more refined version, no sudden dips in feedback, or violent oversteer snap back, but most importantly full center which is vague and weak in AMS2 (stock default FFB).
Low Force Boost at 50 kind of helps but has negative effects in other areas. I am on DD wheel and based on Renato's recommendations LFB on those must be in 10-30 area, but the wheel is just a noodle in the center at those settings.
Of course sound is no match, AMS2 owns PCars there, but other than that PCars2 feels like more polished experience overall, I know stock FFB is pretty lame, but Christiaan did a terrific job fixing what could have been fixed in that disaster.

Just encourage everyone to try the latest version, could give you a new perspective on both titles.

Last edited:

BillGuy

250RPM
Jun 1, 2017
FYI on a minor issue that may have been around for a while but I don’t recall seeing mentioned.

When you open a reply that you have saved in the replay gallery, the game appears to be automatically re-saving the replay before showing it to you. I haven’t viewed anything I had saved in a while so this may have come into being some time ago. Perhaps with the 1.0.4.0 update or even earlier. Not a big deal at all in principle. Something probably changed with the format/packaging of the replays.

What could be a concern for some people, however, is that when this replay re-save occurs, the date/time stamp from when you originally saved the replay is overwritten with the date/time of when the re-save occurred. So if you happen to want to view an older replay from a specific known date/time, you’ll effectively lose that ability if you open the replay for viewing from the replay gallery. Take screenshots or notes if you happen to want or need the originally saved dates of your replays for any reason.

Reactions: Emery
Apr 12, 2019
AMS2 made me revisit PCars2.
I was just using E30 with new Christiaan's FFB mod and to be honest while not as "harshly exciting" as AMS2, it feels like more refined version, no sudden dips in feedback, or violent oversteer snap back, but most importantly full center which is vague and weak in AMS2 (stock default FFB).
Low Force Boost at 50 kind of helps but has negative effects in other areas. I am on DD wheel and based on Renato's recommendations LFB on those must be in 10-30 area, but the wheel is just a noodle in the center at those settings.
Of course sound is no match, AMS2 owns PCars there, but other than that PCars2 feels like more polished experience overall, I know stock FFB is pretty lame, but Christiaan did a terrific job fixing what could have been fixed in that disaster.

Just encourage everyone to try the latest version, could give you a new perspective on both titles.
You might want to try AMS2 with no LFB but with a decent dose of FX. For some reason that tightens up the wheel centre on the latest builds - I don't know why but it does.

Renato's advice is from several builds ago - FFB has changed a lot since then and the advice hasn't been updated.

Can't remember exactly what my setting are at the moment but i think it's more or less 55 force, 0 LFB, 35 FX. I'm also using DD wheel and with settings in that ballpark the FFB feels pretty good in most cars and great in the cars I like the most - Ultima Race, Ginetta G55, M1 Procar and the modern stock cars. There are still outliers though; the JCM Mini feels too heavy both in the centre and when turning without reducing the force (which i do on my wheel rather than in game) and almost all the formula cars still lack centre feel and just feel a bit meh!

There was a time that LFB helped DD wheels in AMS2 but now it just makes the FFB too peaky. FX is the way to go.

Reactions: Andrew_WOT

dwightyone

100RPM
Jun 28, 2017
Couldn't find out how to do it anywhere for AMS2 nor PC2 - the rare try to help answers others gave when googling for answers didn't work. It seemed to take an age to work out but looking back it was relatively simple to do - if anyone wants to create a totally offline multiplayer LAN with AMS2 (or PC2) then I'll be around to help out. LAN is still a thing for some people due to bad net access so kudos to slightly mad for creating it.

Reactions: Emery

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
@GagarynGaribaldi , tried your suggestion. FX does seem have effect on center but in the end makes FFB spiky and harsh just like high LFB.
I ended up with NuScorpii's minimalist preset.
With
Gain: 40
LFB: 10
FX: 15
on SC2 it's a big quality step from AMS2 default preset esp in the center, and no harsh spikes. Check it out if you haven't yet. Even Vintage Formula center is not completely dead now.

Reactions: GagarynGaribaldi
Apr 12, 2019
@GagarynGaribaldi , tried your suggestion. FX does seem have effect on center but in the end makes FFB spiky and harsh just like high LFB.
With
on SC2 it's a big quality step from AMS2 default preset esp in the center, and no harsh spikes. Check it out if you haven't yet. Even Vintage Formula center is not completely dead now.
I will do that - I did try one of the custom files but don't remember which one now - pretty sure wasn't that one - the one I tried was exaggerated road noise massively and it really put me off. Will revisit...

Reactions: TShrimp

Ryan Robbins

100RPM
Mar 8, 2011
With
With what wheel? For me the default feels better than any custom FFB file I have tried so far on my T300RS.

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Instagram

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Facebook

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 43 25.7%