AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

AMS2 made me revisit PCars2.
I was just using E30 with new Christiaan's FFB mod and to be honest while not as "harshly exciting" as AMS2, it feels like more refined version, no sudden dips in feedback, or violent oversteer snap back, but most importantly full center which is vague and weak in AMS2 (stock default FFB).
Low Force Boost at 50 kind of helps but has negative effects in other areas. I am on DD wheel and based on Renato's recommendations LFB on those must be in 10-30 area, but the wheel is just a noodle in the center at those settings.
Of course sound is no match, AMS2 owns PCars there, but other than that PCars2 feels like more polished experience overall, I know stock FFB is pretty lame, but Christiaan did a terrific job fixing what could have been fixed in that disaster.

Just encourage everyone to try the latest version, could give you a new perspective on both titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI on a minor issue that may have been around for a while but I don’t recall seeing mentioned.

When you open a reply that you have saved in the replay gallery, the game appears to be automatically re-saving the replay before showing it to you. I haven’t viewed anything I had saved in a while so this may have come into being some time ago. Perhaps with the 1.0.4.0 update or even earlier. Not a big deal at all in principle. Something probably changed with the format/packaging of the replays.

What could be a concern for some people, however, is that when this replay re-save occurs, the date/time stamp from when you originally saved the replay is overwritten with the date/time of when the re-save occurred. So if you happen to want to view an older replay from a specific known date/time, you’ll effectively lose that ability if you open the replay for viewing from the replay gallery. Take screenshots or notes if you happen to want or need the originally saved dates of your replays for any reason.

AMS2 made me revisit PCars2.
I was just using E30 with new Christiaan's FFB mod and to be honest while not as "harshly exciting" as AMS2, it feels like more refined version, no sudden dips in feedback, or violent oversteer snap back, but most importantly full center which is vague and weak in AMS2 (stock default FFB).
Low Force Boost at 50 kind of helps but has negative effects in other areas. I am on DD wheel and based on Renato's recommendations LFB on those must be in 10-30 area, but the wheel is just a noodle in the center at those settings.
Of course sound is no match, AMS2 owns PCars there, but other than that PCars2 feels like more polished experience overall, I know stock FFB is pretty lame, but Christiaan did a terrific job fixing what could have been fixed in that disaster.

Just encourage everyone to try the latest version, could give you a new perspective on both titles.
You might want to try AMS2 with no LFB but with a decent dose of FX. For some reason that tightens up the wheel centre on the latest builds - I don't know why but it does.

Renato's advice is from several builds ago - FFB has changed a lot since then and the advice hasn't been updated.

Can't remember exactly what my setting are at the moment but i think it's more or less 55 force, 0 LFB, 35 FX. I'm also using DD wheel and with settings in that ballpark the FFB feels pretty good in most cars and great in the cars I like the most - Ultima Race, Ginetta G55, M1 Procar and the modern stock cars. There are still outliers though; the JCM Mini feels too heavy both in the centre and when turning without reducing the force (which i do on my wheel rather than in game) and almost all the formula cars still lack centre feel and just feel a bit meh!

There was a time that LFB helped DD wheels in AMS2 but now it just makes the FFB too peaky. FX is the way to go.

Couldn't find out how to do it anywhere for AMS2 nor PC2 - the rare try to help answers others gave when googling for answers didn't work. It seemed to take an age to work out but looking back it was relatively simple to do - if anyone wants to create a totally offline multiplayer LAN with AMS2 (or PC2) then I'll be around to help out. LAN is still a thing for some people due to bad net access so kudos to slightly mad for creating it.

• Deleted member 197115

@GagarynGaribaldi , tried your suggestion. FX does seem have effect on center but in the end makes FFB spiky and harsh just like high LFB.
I ended up with NuScorpii's minimalist preset.
With
Gain: 40
LFB: 10
FX: 15
on SC2 it's a big quality step from AMS2 default preset esp in the center, and no harsh spikes. Check it out if you haven't yet. Even Vintage Formula center is not completely dead now.

@GagarynGaribaldi , tried your suggestion. FX does seem have effect on center but in the end makes FFB spiky and harsh just like high LFB.
With
on SC2 it's a big quality step from AMS2 default preset esp in the center, and no harsh spikes. Check it out if you haven't yet. Even Vintage Formula center is not completely dead now.
I will do that - I did try one of the custom files but don't remember which one now - pretty sure wasn't that one - the one I tried was exaggerated road noise massively and it really put me off. Will revisit...

With
With what wheel? For me the default feels better than any custom FFB file I have tried so far on my T300RS.

• Deleted member 197115

Try to take E30 to Monaco (Azure Circuit). On default preset it's a mix of anemic center and spiky jolts, super unpleasant experience.
Perhaps on lesser wheels jolts are not as offensive as on more powerful and reactive DD wheels (I am on SC2 Pro), but I assume weak center should be even weaker unless you really jack up LFB and FX.
Even with custom preset FFB is quite mediocre, "shouty" but not very refined and intuitive.

Try to take E30 to Monaco (Azure Circuit). On default preset it's a mix of anemic center and spiky jolts, super unpleasant experience.
Perhaps on lesser wheels jolts are not as offensive as on more powerful and reactive DD wheels (I am on SC2 Pro), but I assume weak center should be even weaker unless you really jack up LFB and FX.
Even with custom preset FFB is quite mediocre, "shouty" but not very refined and intuitive.
Your description of the custom FFB is similar to my experience. On default my LFB is about 30 if I remember right. I will try that car combination. Very small adjustments make a huge difference. I also followed this advice and it helped...
That is probably because I had never tried that since game release. I still wish there was a little more tire scrub feel...or that there was a separate slider for that effect without digging into files. I am sure with some research I could make my own adjustments, but I am busy.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

At least they keep trying unlike SMS.
Wasn't there post from Renato that current version FFB it is what it is and no further changes will be made?

EDIT: Found it

Which is disappointing as I am pretty sure there is more room for improvement than just script.

At least they keep trying unlike SMS.
Wasn't there post from Renato that current version FFB it is what it is and no further changes will be made?

EDIT: Found it

Which is disappointing as I am pretty sure there is more room for improvement than just script.
I think what he was saying back in July was that there wouldn't be big changes prior to v1.0. That's not the same as there will never be any change - like you already know, there is a commitment from Reiza that they are in it for the long game - which is a mixed blessing as we all want to see everything fixed now.

But there are some pretty significant changes on the way that address some of the common complaints about the current FFB, like centre weight etc. Don't think I can say much more - still in the early beta testing stages.

I think what he was saying back in July was that there wouldn't be big changes prior to v1.0. That's not the same as there will never be any change - like you already know, there is a commitment from Reiza that they are in it for the long game - which is a mixed blessing as we all want to see everything fixed now.

But there are some pretty significant changes on the way that address some of the common complaints about the current FFB, like centre weight etc. Don't think I can say much more - still in the early beta testing stages.

Will be interesting to see what the results will be because if they are similar with the Scorpy 2.5 Heavy messing file(with min force set to 0.8 as recommended) for my T300rs then It will be difficult to complain about ffb in AMS2 :p!(https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...orce-feedback-overview-recommendations.11135/)

hi
I am no expert in car setups but this works for me for the Merc DTM car so you can try a few tweaks or you cand just download my setup from Time trial(Donington):

1.Lowering the pressure in the rear tyres (1.30bar) - in rf2 in the default setup rear tyres always have lower pressures than front tyres

2.Increase camber angle for the rear tyres from -1.5 to -2

3. Lower Slow bump and Slow rebound on the rear of the car a couple clicks

4. Increase number of Clutches from 4 to 10

5. Increase Toe in angle in the rear from 0.4 to 0.9 for example

So after playing a "few" more hours I've come to the conclusion the easiest fix for the cars in AMS 2 to make them stop sliding theur backs so easy is to reduce only the pressure in the rear tyres, something like this :) :

For most cars
Front - 1.40bar
Back - 1.35bar

For some cars cars that loose the end really easy on slightest amount of throttle:

Front - 1.40bar
Back - 1.30bar

Will be interesting to see what the results will be because if they are similar with the Scorpy 2.5 Heavy messing file(with min force set to 0.8 as recommended) for my T300rs
Mate, is that a typo? A minimum force of 0.8 is 80% of the total force your wheel can produce. That's insane! For reference, even a setting of 0.02 on my T300 introduces horrible "jerks" in the wheel, so I've turned it off entirely.

Still a few things need sorting out with the AI when racing Karts. Also classic Hockenheim you can get stuck in the wall on the home straight (i'm not a very good driver :D). Also, the camera is bouncing up and down needs to be calmed down much more or at least have an option to do it ourselves where we can totally switch it off. And then there is the Virtual Mirror how do you switch it off. Looking forward to the next update!

Mate, is that a typo? A minimum force of 0.8 is 80% of the total force your wheel can produce. That's insane! For reference, even a setting of 0.02 on my T300 introduces horrible "jerks" in the wheel, so I've turned it off entirely.

Haha well spotted mate it is 0.07 at the moment :D!

Edit: no jerks, also withlow ffb set to 30, and Fx to 0

Attachments

• auto.jpg
    auto.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Still a few things need sorting out with the AI when racing Karts. Also classic Hockenheim you can get stuck in the wall on the home straight (i'm not a very good driver :D). Also, the camera is bouncing up and down needs to be calmed down much more or at least have an option to do it ourselves where we can totally switch it off. And then there is the Virtual Mirror how do you switch it off. Looking forward to the next update!

AI fixing will take a long time if you search Google how to do an AIW for a track you will se there is a lot of work to do and the problem with AMS 2 is that it has many variations of the same track and also many cars and AIW must be tweaked for every car!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%