AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

The content creators may just create content but I don’t see any reason why they can’t also do testing of basic game functionality. I mention this in the context of the DTM AI pit bug and the graphical issues with the Lotus when 1.0.4 was released. In my opinion, any member of the Reiza team should be fully capable of catching issues like that.

In my opinion, any member of the Reiza team should be fully capable of catching issues like that.
As should all those who have beta access from being an early backer. One thing I am certainly not defending here is the very poor quality of the latest patch. I was honestly quite shocked at the sheer number and nature of the issues I found within the first 30 minutes of driving. It was very clear that the patch should have been withheld for further work, even if it meant upsetting the vocal minority by it's late release. I hope Reiza have learnt their lesson from it, and will put quality over deadlines in future.

Are they being paid for doing QA for Reiza?
Did I suggest they were? Nope. But lets not miss a chance for another pointless moan, right?

Apparently you're not aware, but they have their own beta forum where they can discuss patches before release. So one of two things happened. Either all those beta players somehow missed most of these issues, so they weren't reported and Reiza's own testing didn't find them either. Or they were reported but Reiza knowingly released a broken patch to try and placate the moaners instead of holding it back like they should have done.

Either way, as I clearly said above, I am not trying to defend the release of a broken patch.

Did I suggest they were? Nope. But lets not miss a chance for another pointless moan, right?

Apparently you're not aware, but they have their own beta forum where they can discuss patches before release. So one of two things happened. Either all those beta players somehow missed most of these issues, so they weren't reported and Reiza's own testing didn't find them either. Or they were reported but Reiza knowingly released a broken patch to try and placate the moaners instead of holding it back like they should have done.

Either way, as I clearly said above, I am not trying to defend the release of a broken patch.

The latest release and patch have been passed from beta to main in a matter of a few hours...

We would like to help but they are not listening much recently.

We would like to help but they are not listening much recently.
If that's true then it's quite sad to hear. Who better to beta test a sim than a bunch of devoted fans who love racing and have actually paid to get access to buggy beta releases? I understand if they can't listen to every single suggestion or comment, but the primary issues like blatant bugs should surely be a priority? Why have public access otherwise?

• Deleted member 197115

Moan? Do you reasonably expect free of any obligations players wasting their personal time doing quality assurance for free, or company relying on that resource as a QA workforce.
Sorry, but in your post it sounded like it is early backers responsibility to do all due diligence testing before it goes to public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you reasonably expect free of any obligations players wasting their personal time doing quality assurance for free, or company relying on that resource as a QA workforce.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to have made full use of the beta forums in order to report issues they find. If they have no interest in being part of the game's ongoing development, then why pay money to get access to the beta?

Sorry, but in your post it sounded like it is early backers responsibility to do all due diligence testing before it goes to public.
No, that's not what I meant. I simply meant that there were a lot of people, on top of Reiza's devs, playing this patch before it hit mainstream. That's what makes it's low quality hard to fathom for me. The odd minor bug slipping through is one thing, but half the issues with the patch were a very, very long way from minor.

It's at least good here that people don't get banned for having opinions and asking questions. Apparently I insulted SMS by asking what has happened to the pC franchise! So glad that Reiza can do what they need with the Madness engine and not be limited to what SMS dictate. Without Reiza the Madness engine is dead.

Nope. DD2.
Ahhhh Fanatec. Probably a drive issues then ;). Just kidding, I think they have most of those early driver issues fixed. I just hope they focus some updates on the CS V3 as I am tired of recalibrating mine.

In all seriousness, I think the FFB on AMS2 is amazing. Best of any racing game I own. Maybe the AccuForce cloud profile on this game is just dialed in so well. I did modify some of what was there, but feels fantastic using the default profile. I had to add in some vertical feedback for the wheel though as the road surfaces were a little bland. I also added in bump feedback. All feels really good now. I know FFB is subjective, and hope this works out for you in the end.

I was hard on AMS2 when it first came out. I even returned it to steam during early access. But they have been getting it dialed in well, and IMO is very good even at its current state (at least before this patch, have not driven AMS2 since update). Hopefully they make the changes that make it fun for you as well, or it may be one of those games that just isn't for some.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I think the FFB on AMS2 is amazing. Best of any racing game I own.

I was hard on AMS2 when it first came out. I even returned it to steam during early access. But they have been getting it dialed in well, and IMO is very good even at its current state (at least before this patch, have not driven AMS2 since update).

I resemble this remark :cool:

I'm with you on FFB, even with my ancient G27 it is quite amazing. These cars feel so alive behind the wheel.

Last edited:
Off topic, but was that 35% of the total number of RD members or 35% of those who responded to the survey? If the latter, the percentage means very little as the VR community tends to be a very vocal minority.
Of course it wasn't the entire membership of RD. :rolleyes: It also was not a survey specifically asking about VR, it was merely asking how people raced and gave a host of options. Top result was single monitor, second was VR, third was TV, fourth was triple-screen.

Also, your argument regarding percentages can be used about pretty much every single statistic known to the human race, since 100% representation is never possible and statistics can be interpreted to show pretty much whatever someone wants, depending on their needs. They can still be used as a rough gauge though, particularly when the people being surveyed are the ones actively interested in the question.

can anyone recommend a car that is not impossible to drive on this game?
For me AMS2 is like 2nd nature since almost all cars do the physically correct thing for me, but I see many people online struggling like you and all do the same mistakes by not knowing old-school driving techniques. I learned three rules from Walter Röhrl that helped me a lot to go faster and those principles work with every car in AMS2 I'm aware off:
1. The apex on entry should always be the slowest part of a corner.
2. Tyres are most efficient while braking/accelerating as straight as possible or carrying speed through corners
3. The biggest secret of driving fast is steering as little as needed.

To go in more detail: brake as straight and smooth as possible (so not like in ACC) and relatively early so the apex is the slowest point. Trailbrake or coast (depends on the car) towards the early apex while positioning the car for the exit and gently throttle out. Most people overshoot and the slowest point is some car-lenghts after the apex. Listen to the tyre-sounds and avoid squeezing noise. Take the widest line and keep the car in a neutral/understeer condition even if there is more grip to rotate more. Do all down-shifts while braking straight and some cars keep more stable while blipping the throttle.

But there are also some exceptions and cars like the F3 or P3 and P4 wants to be pushed a lot, since their tyres never overheat due to the low weight of those cars. Modern tyre compound is made to carry heavy cars around a corner which need tyre-management for preservation even during short races. With cars far under a ton you rather get the problem in getting enough heat into them, so they get also faster with every lap and faster the more you scrub the tyres. Just a few tips;)

How would having two different versions of the game to develop and maintain possibly help anything? That would spread the team and decrease the work rate on both. On top of that, what would it solve? As has been stated so many times by so many people, the people working on content are not the same as the people developing the sim, so not releasing content will not miraculously result in quicker fixes.

Nice, another person who pre-empts all responses by claiming anyone who disagrees with them is just "negative". Nice attitude you have there. :rolleyes:
You obviously misunderstood my point. Speaking of attitude, yours, judging without thinking, is not the most constructive one. Anyway, I was just stating that any solution or idea that Reiza would bring would be heavily criticized, and one day or another we shall just get what we ask for : nothing. One company got the point, SMS with Pcars 2. It is the product the neverending complainers deserved. By chance Reiza still delivers, but for how long? Developers are people, not machines. The day they are tired of all this negativity, they will just stop improving their product.

About maintaining 2 versions, it is what many developers do, you know, rfactor 2, X plane 11...
You want something stable and perfect? Keep the old version. You want the new features, not finalized, and the bugs? Get the beta version. Quiet simple... Just disable the multiplayer from the beta version and the community doesn't split, quiet simple too... Any problem has a solution with a positive attitude.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back