AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Try to take E30 to Monaco (Azure Circuit). On default preset it's a mix of anemic center and spiky jolts, super unpleasant experience.
Perhaps on lesser wheels jolts are not as offensive as on more powerful and reactive DD wheels (I am on SC2 Pro), but I assume weak center should be even weaker unless you really jack up LFB and FX.
Even with custom preset FFB is quite mediocre, "shouty" but not very refined and intuitive.

Are these spiky jolts like it hits the wheel really hard and yanks it to the side? I had this issue when crossing the start/finish line on some laps. If so, there is a guy who posted a fix/workaround. Disable telemetry recording and the issue went away. This may not be the issue you are seeing, but thought I would pass this along just in case.

(That "DirectInput effect everyone hates" is a fully programmable and barely any games have been using it in its default setting for over a decade, if not for longer. Most people who hate it don't even understand how it works and what it does.)

• Deleted member 197115

(That "DirectInput effect everyone hates" is a fully programmable and barely any games have been using it in its default setting for over a decade, if not for longer. Most people who hate it don't even understand how it works and what it does.)
I can name quite a few that still use it, if not constantly at least for stationary resistance. But yeah, it does not belong to proper simulation.
Not quite sure what you meant by programmable though, configurable in driver perhaps?

It belongs into proper simulation just fine, because it is fully programmable, meaning you can program it to do whatever you want to do with it. In the game, not in the driver. Like, for example, use it to simulate a stationary resistance, or any other dynamic effect...

Saying it doesn't belong in proper simulation is like saying periodic or constant forces don't belong in proper simulation. The only real difference between damper force and periodic/constant forces in this regard is that clueless people didn't spend the last 15+ years telling everyone you should never use periodic/constant forces and should always set them to 0 in the driver if you want the real true and pure FFB.

Last edited:
I already stopped counting the number of times the FFB was changed in AMS2 following release. It would really be great if they could finally make up their mind. It's one thing to try and improve your product, but keep changing fundamental things like that and you'll start driving people away, no pun intended.
Disagree. Leaving fundamentals as-is despite complaints from the community is what will drive people away, not responding to criticism and trying to improve them. This is particularly true for AMS 2 in my opinion, given that most of it's fans know and understand that it's a long-term Reiza project and in no way the finished article.

(I already stopped counting the number of times the FFB was changed in AMS2 following release. It would really be great if they could finally make up their mind. It's one thing to try and improve your product, but keep changing fundamental things like that and you'll start driving people away, no pun intended.)
Are you happy with the feedback in its current state? The game is young and is still being honed. I'd cut them some slack on trying to improve the FFB. I'd much rather they were trying to improve the fundamentals rather than just leaving them as is in case you got annoyed.

R3E massively changed their feedback a while back and that game is ancient in comparison. Did that annoy you too?

Good to hear they're still striving to improve the vanilla FFB. My only concern is if the changes will bugger up my custom profile though! :p

I use a custom FFB file (Heavy Messing 2.3) and as a beta tester I had the same concerns. However, I am pleased to report that I think the latest beta version feels great with the custom file. I still find the new and old defaults are lacking a lot of detail tbh.

I’d love the author of the file to take a look to see if there are any glaring errors due to the recent changes , but he seems to be awol from the Reiza forums, but from a purely numpty ‘I like what I feel’ perspective, it ‘s working well for me still.

Oh, btw, the M1 Pro Car, oh my what fun!

Are you happy with the feedback in its current state?
I was quite happy with it, even though it was very inconsistent between cars, but then they changed it. So I took the time again to adapt my settings. And then changed it again. I spent time tweaking it again. And they changed it again. And apparently more changes are coming.

So I stopped caring about AMS2, because I really don't enjoy doing the same things over and over, especially when there are still bigger issues like said inconsistencies between cars and I'm basically playing catch up with the developers. Not to mention that I certainly don't consider some of the changes to be for the better, but they are clearly made for a completely different audience (DD users, for example).

I'll come back some day in the future when the dust is settled, if there's still a game left. It will probably be similar to what AMS1 is today, as in a great and coveted game that 10 people play.

(BTW, I pretty much also gave up on Raceroom, my once absolute favorite sim, for this reason, as in constant FFB changes in the past months. Not just for this reason, but also for this reason.)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back