AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Glad to see they are working for improvements. For myself, I already enjoy. the game immensely. I mostly do time trial and a few online races. Biggest issues for me right now are...head movement in VR, AI needs work, and some strange handling with some cars (but that is opinion only). I have experienced other bugs but it is rare after 30 hours of play time. The FFB with my T300 in default mode is very good IMHO. The fun factor for some of the cars is very high for me, and that is what counts in my book. The M1 Procar, the P2 and P3, the v10 Gen 1, the Formula Classics, and more are great fun to drive. Very challenging, but they respond to setup changes. I have noticed that the game is forgiving in some ways like drifting (ie. You dont lose as much speed as perhaps you should?) But I am unsure. The weather model works pretty well for me with limited testing.
In VR is plug and play nice and clear just like PCars 2 is. I am spending time between AMS 2, AC, and Dirt Rally in VR. But more and more time in AMS2.

Honestly - I think they're nailing the cars now. The mini and BMW m1 procar felt off at first and then a quick fix and man what a difference - much better!. Also, I think peeps need to remember that AMS2 is a sim' and is meant to simulate real life motorsport. I like Assetto Corsa a lot but in all honestly what you can do with those cars at high speed is unrealistic bordering on simcade, whereas AMS2 handling gives you the real deal. Motorsport ain't easy just look at real racing to see how berserk a drivers steering wheel is going. I feel AMS2 is nearer to real racing than the likes of Assetto. Of course some new cars need a fix etc.. but all sim cars always do. I think AMS2 has come on a lot recently.

Last edited:
It isn't the constructive criticism that is the problem. It is the blanket "this sim is garbage b/c of the engine" that gets injected into every discussion and escalates from there. It is the same in every iRacing update thread where there is always two to three people that post the same non-sense hatred about car and track pricing or that "iracing graphics look like they are from 2011."
Agreed, while we share our different opinions, some comments are hate speech towards a certain developer or product/service.

Well for me AMS2 is already a winner, my favorite sim actually.
Since the last update i'm having a lot of fun in the stock car 2017 championship, a perfect exemple of what the game can produce with a good calibrate AI.
I'm enjoying so much the brazilan tracks, goiania, curitiba, santa cruz, cascavel, taruma...I know brazilian can play football but they also can make superb circuits !!

I play with a ts-xw + TH8A+ Tlcm pedals and the sensation are amazing, ffb is awesome with the in game default setting. Just some breaks feeling seems off with some cars but for sure Reiza with fix this in time.

Looking forward the Nordschleife this month even if after a few hundreds hours with the brabham BT44 in the laser scanned version of rfactor 2 i'm a bit worried, i trust Reiza to deliver a great and fun version like they did with the superb versions of Silverstone.

Oh and the custom championship tool coming in december, can't wait !!

i must agree and disagree here in one :O_o:

I play with almost the self setup: t300rs+Tlcm+TH8A and i like the ffb of some cars very much (like stock cars). Some others i dont drive because not interested or they just feel bad. Like completly other game. But its no problem, i must not enjoy all cars.

I also try to enjoy the Stock Car Championship 2020 but i cant because obviously a bug makes me start in every seconf-race with two-race format every time of the last position. So the whole championship is worthless and by the end of the day wasted time.

I think this example describes the condition of the whole game. There is a great base, and you can already have much fun with it, but its often ruined by bugs or just unfinished things, so you can also get frustrated only.
And the point is - the game is no more beta, but since many month a realesed game.

AMS2 has this ever constant feeling of losing the rear through corners(while on power), like you are constantly sliding a bit, it's weird. If they somehow got rid of it, at least for me the experience would be much better.

And cmon, rfactor2 is barely a game, it's a physics simulator, everything but physics on that is terrible. Setting a server on rfactor2 is ridiculous.

AMS2 has this ever constant feeling of losing the rear through corners(while on power), like you are constantly sliding a bit, it's weird. If they somehow got rid of it, at least for me the experience would be much better.

And cmon, rfactor2 is barely a game, it's a physics simulator, everything but physics on that is terrible. Setting a server on rfactor2 is ridiculous.

hi
I am no expert in car setups but this works for me for the Merc DTM car so you can try a few tweaks or you cand just download my setup from Time trial(Donington):

1.Lowering the pressure in the rear tyres (1.30bar) - in rf2 in the default setup rear tyres always have lower pressures than front tyres

2.Increase camber angle for the rear tyres from -1.5 to -2

3. Lower Slow bump and Slow rebound on the rear of the car a couple clicks

4. Increase number of Clutches from 4 to 10

5. Increase Toe in angle in the rear from 0.4 to 0.9 for example

Ah,so show me a "game" that is finished.Every "game" is a Beta.New bugs will alway occure from time to time.;)

ACC is the biggest "finished Beta".:laugh:

And the last finished "game",i bought was a Nintendo NES modul.
Sorry but your comment sounds just complaining about my post.

Like i said i would like to „love“ ams2 because it potentially has things which makes me happy (simracing wise).
Maybe in December if the announced custom championship improvments come, it becomes my favorite.

While with ACC I have my problems too, I can’t absolutely say nothing against AC or R3E. I have driven dozens of championships there without annoying bugs.
(Ok i must admit AC before the big AI Update was also no masterpeace).

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest problem for me, and its not obviously just with this game, is there are a certain bunch of consumers who say everything is perfect from the start, even when the devs are acknowledging bugs etc and fixing them...
So that is a problem as eventually the devs like with PCars get fed up fixing stuff and let the vocal "everything is perfect" brigade take over...

Just how may times have we had a car released and a bunch of people say its the best ever and perfect, spot on....
Only to find out that it was broken somewhere (which some folks mentioned) so they post an update and suddenly "oh now its the best ever, perfect!!"

Case in point before this hot fix me and one other person mentioned the weird stuttering issue with low head movement and we were told by people that it was are settings or system at fault (despite us saying it was fine before)
Low and behold...it was broken and now this hot fix, fixed it...go figure....

The biggest problem for me, and its not obviously just with this game, is there are a certain bunch of consumers who say everything is perfect from the start, even when the devs are acknowledging bugs etc and fixing them
I agree, they don't do the devs any favours as they just alienate those who do have issues.
But statements like the post directly above yours are just as bad.
Of course it all depends on someone's perception and what's important to them in a game. Personally I don't play it much atm because I think the AI needs more work.
One thing I am pretty sure of is that Reiza will work hard to improve the game and fix bugs and errors.
They might not do it in the order I'd like but they'll stick with it.

The biggest problem for me, and its not obviously just with this game, is there are a certain bunch of consumers who say everything is perfect from the start, even when the devs are acknowledging bugs etc and fixing them...
So that is a problem as eventually the devs like with PCars get fed up fixing stuff and let the vocal "everything is perfect" brigade take over...

Just how may times have we had a car released and a bunch of people say its the best ever and perfect, spot on....
Only to find out that it was broken somewhere (which some folks mentioned) so they post an update and suddenly "oh now its the best ever, perfect!!"

Case in point before this hot fix me and one other person mentioned the weird stuttering issue with low head movement and we were told by people that it was are settings or system at fault (despite us saying it was fine before)
Low and behold...it was broken and now this hot fix, fixed it...go figure....

Well some people just do not notice some bugs as not everybody has hundreds of hours done in AMS 2. I mean if someone has limited time and enjoys driving a few cars on a few tracks will never notice AI bugs with other car track combinations for example for them AI is great and for the car/track combinations that AI was optimised it is good.

can anyone recommend a car that is not impossible to drive on this game?

If you are looking for cars that are easy to control: F3, Formula trainer, Sprint race, Rocco P3.

I don't know if you are new to the game, but something I have noticed with people testing the game for the first time, is that they jump to test day or practice, try a car for a couple of laps and then complain that it is hard to drive. The reason this happens is because this game is unforgiving with cold tires and it usually take 2 to 3 laps to heat them and start pushing the car. Time trial is usually a nicer way to test a car for the first time, as you start with the tires already heated.

Well some people just do not notice some bugs as not everybody has hundreds of hours done in AMS 2. I mean if someone has limited time and enjoys driving a few cars on a few tracks will never notice AI bugs with other car track combinations for example for them AI is great and for the car/track combinations that AI was optimised it is good.

Well yes, so exactly, so they would be the worst people to be vocally telling you "its all perfect".

Just be honest, that way we will keep moving towards the right goal.

For day one with PCars some on their forum were saying everything was perfect, yet it received tonnes of patches including rain on the wind shield.

Inbetween the nutters on both sides of the extremes, there is normal people just wanting simple stuff fixed.
Devs should listen to them...and ignore the rest..

Well yes, so exactly, so they would be the worst people to be vocally telling you "its all perfect".

Just be honest, that way we will keep moving towards the right goal.

For day one with PCars some on their forum were saying everything was perfect, yet it received tonnes of patches including rain on the wind shield.

Inbetween the nutters on both sides of the extremes, there is normal people just wanting simple stuff fixed.
Devs should listen to them...and ignore the rest..

What I am trying to say is not that I do not agree with you but with very limited testing for many people is impossible to see those bugs and for them is all ok.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.5%