AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Each buyer should have the right to give an opinion. Opinion is nothing, ok, but that’s it. I bought the season pass and I am dissapointed, I feel the game like an alpha, and I try and try and try, I drive a league in SRS, I’ve done some online races, but for now it’s not my cup of tea: ffb, graphics... I feel dissapointed and I paid for the game to try it and I believe I can give an opinion like other guys do. I don’t want to compare different sims, but after playing Ams2 I always need some AC or ACC, sorry. I would like to love it.
That is the sad part. We all want a good game. We all want to support the devs/studio and see them do well. But any form of negative criticism, its a sin, its a crime. Stating the obvious areas a game needs attention at, you get people saying its not constructive criticism, go back and play other games, if you do not like the direction move on and so on. You always have those people that want to crush anything that is against their point of view regardless of the facts.

Well for me AMS2 is already a winner, my favorite sim actually.
Since the last update i'm having a lot of fun in the stock car 2017 championship, a perfect exemple of what the game can produce with a good calibrate AI.
I'm enjoying so much the brazilan tracks, goiania, curitiba, santa cruz, cascavel, taruma...I know brazilian can play football but they also can make superb circuits !!

I play with a ts-xw + TH8A+ Tlcm pedals and the sensation are amazing, ffb is awesome with the in game default setting. Just some breaks feeling seems off with some cars but for sure Reiza with fix this in time.

Looking forward the Nordschleife this month even if after a few hundreds hours with the brabham BT44 in the laser scanned version of rfactor 2 i'm a bit worried, i trust Reiza to deliver a great and fun version like they did with the superb versions of Silverstone.

Oh and the custom championship tool coming in december, can't wait !!

Last edited:
To start with its not their own engine. So do not expect

Do not get your hopes high on bugs getting fixed. Its not their engine to start with and already you can see the limitation the studio has. AMS 2 was a blast on release version 1.0. Full of bugs but man I enjoyed it so much, it was a proper sim. It has heavily regressed into an arcade game with the recent updates. Its like the more they try and fix it, they break it. The game has a lot in common with PC3, that is the funny part :roflmao:

Game engines don't dictate everything, they are a starting point. Is every first person shooter based on Unreal exactly the same? Is every Valve engine game a clone of Left4Dead... okay, that one is bad example...
The point is the Madness engine is optimised for games which involve an evolving track in a natural (outdoor) setting. It contains a number of canned sub-engines which can be manipulated or replaced entirely. Reiza are clearly ditching some elements (tyre models) and have kept others (AI / Multiplayer / Menu management). The roadmap shows they are focusing on things they believe the community want (physics / multiplayer / venues / cars) and leaving changes to AI to a later release.
The following video explains the difference between trying a demo in a game engine manual and then trying it yourself:

Last edited:
This game has been a broken mess since release and i don't understand why there are so many people who defend this game when all it takes is a little bit of critical thinking to see how bad AMS2 really is.
Reiza has clearly stated early in the development process that AMS2 will be a long term product...so we have to be patient.

And Simcade only because of missing Motec-support and replays in practice mode? This can only be sarcasm, right?

My favorite part of AMS2, within forums, is that it garners so much discussion. Many of these discussions are truly opinion-based. When I look back on other sims that have been released over the decades, many were truly unplayable by everyone at the same time. AMS2 allows for anyone with any display and hardware type, to play it. I just can't believe that in this day and age, a game is so incredibly diverse in it's offerings and integrations with just about any hardware you throw at it. If I have to wait 5 years before AMS2 becomes the new de-facto sim racer, I'm perfectly content with that.

Have you tried setting up a server in rF2 yet? :roflmao:
Most problems with setting up multiplayer servers are the internet router firewalls that people have in their homes.
Because those datastream look very similar to DOS attacks.
So you need to open the proper ports.
Otherwise it wil deny any connection from the outside.
That counts for most multiplayer servers.

Last edited:
I don't like to compare (but i have done) but Assseto Corsa is soooo much easier and I keeping go back to that because I can't sort the LAN server out in AMS2 - it says it supports it on steam page The problem is I'm trying to create a LAN "sportsplay" server for me and my kid so i can show him who the REAL boss of the house is. On a 4G router so peer to peer sporadically disconnects when traffic is high so would like the LAN working. If I can't sort it out it's not a deal breaker though

Last edited:
I uploaded some good-to-go server files to RD a couple of weeks ago for this very reason. You install the server, drop those files in place, and it should work. Customising is made easy because I've labelled everything.

Yep thanks for that, I have tried it. I think it's set up for a different use to mine where i'm after a local server using the "sportsplay" feature.

The what now?

You can race in a LAN and if you read the server file you posted it says, as does the example one, to turn "sportsplay" to "true" if you want run "offline race events" i.e local area network. AMS2 Steam page says it's "LAN PvP" and the server files says "sportsplay" = offline but I tried different things and I just don't know how to get it working

Last edited:
That is the sad part. We all want a good game. We all want to support the devs/studio and see them do well. But any form of negative criticism, its a sin, its a crime. Stating the obvious areas a game needs attention at, you get people saying its not constructive criticism, go back and play other games, if you do not like the direction move on and so on. You always have those people that want to crush anything that is against their point of view regardless of the facts.

It isn't the constructive criticism that is the problem. It is the blanket "this sim is garbage b/c of the engine" that gets injected into every discussion and escalates from there. It is the same in every iRacing update thread where there is always two to three people that post the same non-sense hatred about car and track pricing or that "iracing graphics look like they are from 2011."

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.