AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

So many complaints about AMS2. How memories have faded of the following "messes" at launch: AC, AMS, rf, rf2, iracing, PC, PC2, all the GT series, all the Forza series... indeed everything except Pole Position for the Atari 2600. (Due for a update, that one.)
Already AMS2 has better FFB than ACC. I play ACC all the time, but it still feels like I'm floating above the road - the same is not true of AC - which is odd. AMS2 feels like I'm connected to the road - even if the engine note is sometimes the death rattle of a terminally flatulent whale.
AMS2 AI is still brain-dead, but the solution to that is ... let me think ... setting up an online community where like minded individuals can organise races online between real people. I wonder if there is anything like that around? ;)
Get this man a beer!, well said, I too am getting pretty tired of AMS2 to ACC comparisons, ACC was the bugiest, un-optimised sim/game at release I have ever (tried) to play. And is still just an excercise in frustration for me. Loved AMS 1, love AMS2

sorry but there actually was a form of DLC for pc games in the early '90's - the only difference being you couldn't DL it - you had to actually go to the store and buy it...i remember a track pack and livery editor for Indycar Racing II, campaign for Falcon 3.0, courses for Links 386 Pro, etc.

you're the one who is missing his point - he never said you were against DLC - he simply stated that DLC needs to be released on schedule to maintain the payroll...cashflow is the king of any business - it informs every decision that is made and every action that is taken or not taken

the flaw is not in his assessment - it is in your logic (or lack there of) because you only look at the situation from the customer expectation side - while completely ignoring the other side - the developer's reality...

You do realize DLC stands for downloadable content, right?

Discussions about AMS 2 are getting very tiring for me to read becouse people are unable to talk about the flaws of the title (of which there are many for sure) without talking crap about the Madness Engine as if they knew what they're talking about. It's getting ridiculous... even issues and bugs that other non-Madness Engine games have had before they were fixed are now somehow the engine's fault in the case of AMS 2. So much for "critical thinking".

AMS 2 is not my main sim at the moment, like AMS 1 used to be, and I'm waiting for some stuff to be fixed before I can fully commit to it, but Reiza has a proven track record, they are small and for sure bitting more than they can chew with all the content they keep releasing, but they are not a company that deserves to be treated this way. They are as close to "saints" as you can get in the videogame industry, considering how much effort and care they've put in polishing their past games, not to mention all the content they give away for free - Group A for free, GT3/4 for free, Group C for free... who does that?

And after all it's said and done about the bugs and issues, the driving experience in many cars in AMS 2 is already amazing, but on that front I must be playing a different game than some others or something because some of the cars that I find the best are also the ones that some criticize the most... like the Group A cars (after the fix). Absolutely love them and never felt so connected or engaged driving these cars in Raceroom or Assetto Corsa. The M1 Procar is also amazing and the Ginetta GT4 at Bathurst in AMS 2 is now becoming one of my favourite combos in simracing. I've had great AI races with this combo... using the same combo in ACC, also very good, but it took me 4 tries to get a race going because the AI kept pile-crashing on T3, which, granted, it's a bit unnusual for ACC... but still, when the same thing happens in AMS 2 it's gotta be becouse the "Madness Engine sucks", obviously...

I kind of wonder how different these discussions would go if Reiza could have kept hidden the engine they're using. Sure, there would be still so many bugs to talk about, so many in fact that I do worry a bit if Reiza will ever be able to polish AMS 2 to a level anywhere close to AMS 1, but still, some of the criticism, and specially the way that criticism is presented, is just unfair and misguided.

Imola 2001 has updated sponsors. will see the new update nurburgring and spa francorchamps soon

please make sure fix ai opponents until never mistake again

and once again i want update gearing animation in cockpit.

Last edited:
no....in my nearly 30 yrs. of PC gaming i never was able to figure out what that meant...thanks so much for enlightening me

Don't you know, history started 20 - 30 years ago. Nothing happened (or if it did, matters) before then.

Listen you whiny sooks. Go wait 40 minutes for a POS sailing game to load off a datasette, only to immediately crash. Then you'll know pain and frustration. I understand it's all relative but give me a break. Things are so much incredibly better than ever, yet still :(.............

Who pushes that unrealistic release schedule if they can't deliver quality?
Perhaps revisiting it is not such a bad idea.
On the first point, when they first published the road map I don't think anyone could have forseen what the world would be facing this year.
On the second, yes maybe, but when they delayed before they got jumped on for that. As was said earlier, they can't win.

Man some people act like demanding children, if you don't like how AMS 2 is progressing leave it be and pop back in from time to time to see if the progression is to your liking!
Sure voicing your opinion is fine but the way some are bad mouthing Reiza isn't really how this community should support development teams! Reiza have on numerous times stated that AMS 2 is a long term project, so even if Reiza bombard us with broken cars and unfinished tracks (which they haven't) at least it gives a glimpse into what is going to be there for when Reiza declare it finished.

I think we should be happy we have another dev team willing to work on a sim with everything we all want (VR, Triples, Motion etc.) while receiving so much nonconstructive criticism from a ungrateful community! It doesn't seem that atm these is big money going into Reiza's hands so they really must be looking at the big picture ;) How about we try to turn the "RageDepartment" label from this community and turn it into a more appreciative community and give RaceDepartment its name back :cool:

I found personally, after driving some of the better cars in AMS 2 then changing to any other sim (other than rF2, still always feels great) i find the those sims FFB to be rather dull and lifeless, so really AMS 2 has ruined other sims for me, lol, at least for a while until i get used to that "less fidelity" FFB again but then every time i'm back in AMS 2 its like home.

Last edited:
I have expressed my criticism towards this game. But guess what? Throw in a new car/track or two in there and the hype train will swing once more. The game is like a full year behind development. The standard of work/quality is very poor. I keep sayings to devs, lets get the core fundamentals working first, then continue and add content/support later. What's the point of adding content in a broken game? It does not improve anything. There is a serious lack of direction/vision from this studio on what exactly they want this game to be. Its just another "we want to be sim title" that is nothing but a cash grab.......:O_o:
The content creators have not much to do with the coding. 2 totally different jobs.

• Deleted member 617659

Each buyer should have the right to give an opinion. Opinion is nothing, ok, but that’s it. I bought the season pass and I am dissapointed, I feel the game like an alpha, and I try and try and try, I drive a league in SRS, I’ve done some online races, but for now it’s not my cup of tea: ffb, graphics... I feel dissapointed and I paid for the game to try it and I believe I can give an opinion like other guys do. I don’t want to compare different sims, but after playing Ams2 I always need some AC or ACC, sorry. I would like to love it.

The ffb is really good tbh - feels alive! But the inherited way of creating a server is an absolute server nightmare - the worse I have ever come across. I get it that for some people its easier for them but for others it's equivalent to rocket science.

The ffb is really good tbh - feels alive! But the inherited way of creating a server is an absolute server nightmare - the worse I have ever come across. I get it that for some people its easier for them but for others it's equivalent to rocket science.
Have you tried setting up a server in rF2 yet? :roflmao:

You do realize DLC stands for downloadable content, right?
You do realize he clarified that IN his post! " the only difference being you couldn't DL it - you had to actually go to the store and buy it... "

And you do realise that what DLC is now is just what we had to get on disks before the internet, which was his point. i.e. DLC is exactly the same thing as Disk add on, just a different delivery method. It's just a simple acronym that covers all now, in the past it was "map pack, track pack, car pack, new campaigns..etc etc etc.

The trouble with todays games, version one is released, it may get some DLC and supported for some months or a year maybe...then a newer version is released and the old version one is forgotten. Unfortunately this has possibly conditioned some purchasers into thinking ASM2 is a short term project, then in a year AMS3 will come out...not so, Reiza will produce a winner in AMS2, given the time;)...just my 2 cents

Last edited:
To start with its not their own engine. So do not expect
Why the rush to get out unfinished and buggy new content that requires hotfix of that size?
What about older content released earlier, is it ever gonna be addressed, or what's in the past stays in the past.
Do not get your hopes high on bugs getting fixed. Its not their engine to start with and already you can see the limitation the studio has. AMS 2 was a blast on release version 1.0. Full of bugs but man I enjoyed it so much, it was a proper sim. It has heavily regressed into an arcade game with the recent updates. Its like the more they try and fix it, they break it. The game has a lot in common with PC3, that is the funny part :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.