AMS 2 | Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The public Early Access build of Automobilista has received its first update - version 0.8.0.1 is now available to download.

Heading out of the blocks in fine style with their initial Early Access offering of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 racing simulation, Reiza Studios have been quick off the mark getting out the first public hotfix update, deploying build 0.8.0.1 just three days after the EA release dropped.

The new build brings the public version of the simulation to just below the latest build deployed for beta members, and with it comes an nice selection of improvements across many aspects of the title.

Headline changes within the new build are arguably the changes to FFB on some cars, as well as various AI updates (although this is still very much a work in progress).

Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Notes:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
  • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)
UI
  • Added game version number to main menu screen
  • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
  • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
  • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
  • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails
PHYSICS & AI
  • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
  • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
  • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
  • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
  • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
  • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
  • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
  • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
  • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio
VEHICLES
  • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
  • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
  • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)
TRACKS
  • Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
  • Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Automobilista 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

If you need some support getting the most from AMS 2, check out the Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

AMS 2 hotfix update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey M D Gourley,
no matter which sim do you post your screenshots of, I love them! Thanks for sharing them!
Thanks for your kind words...yes I do usually post screenshots when I have time to race then watch replays and create screen shots later...have the time at the moment due to country lockdown :)...also when reading all the posts I like to break things up with a few pictures :roflmao::rolleyes:;):thumbsup:

At least they're doing something. I reported this to SMS more than a year ago and their fan base told me that's how cars stop when scraping at a wall, despite me showing numerous videos of cars scraping a wall and not doing that (Facepalm).
FYI: This is a known bug, it's not the general behaviour when scraping walls in PC2. AFAIK the problem only exists at that exact spot on Spa. I've just learned not to go too close to that wall.

It might have been asked already, but how do you guys set up you triple screen FOV correctly?
The distance modifier apparently has no effect. Menu is bugged bigtime. I had to edit values in the config file directly. However single screen cockpit view FOV value changes triple screen FOV, but with weird values. There is no exact way to set it up correctly to my knowledge.

How did you manage to reset the Degrees of MotIon in the game? I haven’t been able to find that setting. My Logitech G920 wheel is still stuck at the stock 900 degrees.
When I calibrate the wheel in game, for the first instruction I rotate the wheel 270 degrees (which is max rotation because of the windows settings) and then for the second option when I rotate the wheel 90 degrees it automatically says (correctly) that the rotation is 540 degrees total

Also, the game is supposed to set the wheel degree of rotation per car (unless you override it and want to same for all cars), so maybe set externally your wheel to 900 degrees and check if the game set the proper car specific rotation.
I'll try that

Mod Edit: Snippety comment removed. No need to be that way when someone is trying to help you. If that's how you act, people may not bother in future.

I'm having major issues with the rear of nearly every car stepping out on me every time I turn into a corner and then again when I put power down (it's not a case of thunderfoot, as it happens under low/no power at corner entry, and also happens with lower power cars). It's making the whole sim nearly undriveable for me except at stupid low speeds where the AI is waltzing away from me when I have it set to 70%
Pretty much the same for me and no solution so far except waiting for Reiza to fix it :)
Driving AMS and AMS2 back to back is a completely different experience - MCRs around Oulton Park Fosters i'm 3 seconds faster in AMS without any effort while i'm really stuggling to keep the car on track in AMS2.

As i'm doing moderately fine in all other sims and i can usually tell why the car is doing what it's doing it's not as easy as saying that i'm doing it all wrong (the 3 seconds difference in the same car/track combo should be an indicator for that).

I have full trust in Reiza that this will be fixed and once AI levels are correctly adjusted we will also be able to enjoy the title being a non-alien, but for now it's difficult for me to really enjoy AMS2.
But i have to say that Stock Cars and the Lancers feel pretty good to me and was suggested to give Ultima GTR a try - which i will do next time :)

Has Reiza added VR sharpening and Nvidia SPS?

VR sharpening is an absolute must IMO for VR as without it in all the other race sims I find the image to grainy and blurry.
SPS would really help CPU rendering as well

How's the RX content, has it been added to the beta?

I am having terrible performance in VR. Have to put everything on low to get a stable 90fps with the Index. Running a 9900KF and 2080 Super. Other sims are performing great, just AMS2 seems really bad, which is weird since other people are saying it runs better than PCars2 in VR. Not my experience at all.

Hi guys

First, thanks to Reiza, as usual the general feeling is incredible !
(Wasn't a backer but big fan since Game Stock Car ✌️)

The game has clearly the potential to be the best sim you can find, but there is a real struggle with the wheel feeling... Since I can't post on the Reiza official forum, I'll do that here

I use a T500RS with a loadcell. I tried all the setup combos you can imagine to find the perfect feeling, and here is my opinion
I think there is two things not properly rendered :
1- there is absolutely no feedback for understeer and tyre lock... That's a fact !
2- I have the feeling that there is a grip/elasticity problem with the tyres. Let me explain ! - I was on Spielberg with Super V8, and starting to find some regularity and beating by 2sec the AI at 100%... Then I tried to finish my race with the classic "sliding on the finish line" after a big left-right wheel move. But then this happened : instead of losing the back and start sliding, the front tyres had so much grip, I immediately started to barrel roll... O_o !! It was like the floor is made from glue.
So, I tried to link that event, and the bizarre feeling in the wheel that I can't describe. I came up with this !! (It's a personal opinion and I'm not saying that I am right)

I think we have a problem with the lateral grip and tyre elasticity... When I drive on a straight at high speed, when I do a little correction on the wheel, the car feels like "gum" or something soft.
I got a strange but light left-right wobbling, like the top of the car would have been very heavy... Like I can feel too much of the lateral inertia of my chassis !

Does it make any sense to you guys ?

I hope it could help a bit
Stay safe everybody

Cheers,
Donnie

I am having terrible performance in VR. Have to put everything on low to get a stable 90fps with the Index. Running a 9900KF and 2080 Super. Other sims are performing great, just AMS2 seems really bad, which is weird since other people are saying it runs better than PCars2 in VR. Not my experience at all.

I'm on an i9-9900k with 2070Super and can easily get 90fps with Medium to High settings on an HP Reverb, double-check that SteamVR hasn't set the SuperSampling extra High for AMS2, it did that once to me for another Sim (set to 150% for some reason), if not that try a reinstall or clear the Documents Folder as I *think* that will get reset next time you launch the game.

I'm on an i9-9900k with 2070Super and can easily get 90fps with Medium to High settings on an HP Reverb, double-check that SteamVR hasn't set the SuperSampling extra High for AMS2, it did that once to me for another Sim (set to 150% for some reason), if not that try a reinstall or clear the Documents Folder as I *think* that will get reset next time you launch the game.

yeah checked the SS rate. Set at 100. I will try the documents thing.

Pretty much the same for me and no solution so far except waiting for Reiza to fix it :)
Driving AMS and AMS2 back to back is a completely different experience - MCRs around Oulton Park Fosters i'm 3 seconds faster in AMS without any effort while i'm really stuggling to keep the car on track in AMS2.

As i'm doing moderately fine in all other sims and i can usually tell why the car is doing what it's doing it's not as easy as saying that i'm doing it all wrong (the 3 seconds difference in the same car/track combo should be an indicator for that).

I have full trust in Reiza that this will be fixed and once AI levels are correctly adjusted we will also be able to enjoy the title being a non-alien, but for now it's difficult for me to really enjoy AMS2.
But i have to say that Stock Cars and the Lancers feel pretty good to me and was suggested to give Ultima GTR a try - which i will do next time :)
My biggest annoyance is the AI. I'd hoped it would be a little better by now. Would love to race them on a near one to one basis. I hear it's improved since the first beta, so time will mature the AI. I say mature because I don't think it's broken, it just isn't ready for prime time. Still, I am enjoying learning all the tracks I never learned in the first iteration.

1- there is absolutely no feedback for understeer and tyre lock... That's a fact !

Cheers,
Donnie
I use a TSPC and I still have the feeling of understeer. Howerver, I agree that there is no feeling of being on the threshold of locking the wheels (for me). I did before the Hot Fix. Now it feels like it's just on-off. I can no longer feel that sensation of my tires about to loose rubber. I start braking and next thing I know I'm chirping the tires. Time will fix it, but man it was perfect for me before the fix. Having said that, if it made it better for the masses, then that's a good thing. I'll adjust and move on.

Last edited:
Going to have to eat crow and agree that I now have no feeling of loosing traction while understeering. The vehicle just starts sliding. The understeer feeling, as you said is not there. I should just focus on this sim. I think I get the FFB mixed up across games. It would be easier to focus on only this one, however, the AI here is lacking, at this point. I just have that itch for a proper race weekend. Practice, quali, race. In time, I know.

I use a TSPC and I still have the feeling of understeer. Howerver, I agree that there is no feeling of being on the threshold of locking the wheels (for me). I did before the Hot Fix. Now it feels like it's just on-off. I can no longer feel that sensation of my tires about to loose rubber. I start braking and next thing I know I'm chirping the tires. Time will fix it, but man it was perfect for me before the fix. Having said that, if it made it better for the masses, then that's a good thing. I'll adjust and move on.

Hi mate
I think you have better word than me, when you say :"can't feel being on the threshold" ... It's exactly what I meant ✌️

Thanks a lot
Donnie

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes