AMS 2 | Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The public Early Access build of Automobilista has received its first update - version 0.8.0.1 is now available to download.

Heading out of the blocks in fine style with their initial Early Access offering of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 racing simulation, Reiza Studios have been quick off the mark getting out the first public hotfix update, deploying build 0.8.0.1 just three days after the EA release dropped.

The new build brings the public version of the simulation to just below the latest build deployed for beta members, and with it comes an nice selection of improvements across many aspects of the title.

Headline changes within the new build are arguably the changes to FFB on some cars, as well as various AI updates (although this is still very much a work in progress).

Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Notes:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
  • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)
UI
  • Added game version number to main menu screen
  • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
  • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
  • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
  • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails
PHYSICS & AI
  • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
  • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
  • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
  • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
  • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
  • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
  • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
  • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
  • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio
VEHICLES
  • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
  • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
  • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)
TRACKS
  • Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
  • Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Automobilista 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

If you need some support getting the most from AMS 2, check out the Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

AMS 2 hotfix update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, a good list of fixes! Anyone have encountered being in a helicopter view as soon as the start procedure commences? Pressing Escape and then resuming the game fixes the view to default in cockpit.

Yup, I experienced that just yesterday. Unfortunately the escape/start was to late.. I was already 3/4 of a lap down :D

Wheres the fix link? Something tells me I'm looking right over it.
Never mind, its right infront of my face.

Last edited:
- Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars .

Problems for some? :cool:

Yup :D just a couple people that werent 'setting up your peddles correctly' and "mine works fine, you must be doing something wrong'. The pedals are set up just fine, no other sim does this (did).

The reduction to 90 wont fix it, 81 didn't before. But the curve is where the problem lies. Thanks Reiza :thumbsup:

First update of a long series of updates, with all that needs to be addressed and all the place holders that needs to be replaced. Of course Reiza will work hard on getting their new game to where it needs to be to succeed.
So far, by looking at the rate of use on Steam, considering the EA has just been released, which is usually a peak in usage, I would be curious to know how they feel about it.:O_o:

Several users are on the Beta branch and it's not so bad overall for a game dominated by obscure or fictional cars.
Inital numbers are (mainly) driven by marketing and licensing (the two are often linked), not by quality, otherwise AMS1 would have been the most driven Sim in gaming history...

The proof is all the marketing surrounding AC making it the most used simulator, as per the steam numbers, but not because it is a great driving experience with very decent graphic, a ton of content and a lot of online activity, no, just marketing and licensing. Chrystal clear, thank you for reminding us.
I think a ton of reason is the licensing indeed. There are not many sims out there, where you can drive a Huracan Performante or LaFerrari over the Nordschleife and switch to GT3 immediately after it. Even if it feels weird in some occasions, driving AC or pCars1/2.

AMS2 has the same engine and foundation like pCars2, but better sound and driving feel and it has way less users, why do you think, this is so? AH...marketing and licensing probably. :)

But i know, it's 2020 and you've expected more.
anyone else experience broken steering with the pas classic car?
It was an asymetrical setup reported, yes.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 53 9.6%
  • €3001-5000