AMS 2 | Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The public Early Access build of Automobilista has received its first update - version 0.8.0.1 is now available to download.

Heading out of the blocks in fine style with their initial Early Access offering of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 racing simulation, Reiza Studios have been quick off the mark getting out the first public hotfix update, deploying build 0.8.0.1 just three days after the EA release dropped.

The new build brings the public version of the simulation to just below the latest build deployed for beta members, and with it comes an nice selection of improvements across many aspects of the title.

Headline changes within the new build are arguably the changes to FFB on some cars, as well as various AI updates (although this is still very much a work in progress).

Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Notes:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
  • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)
UI
  • Added game version number to main menu screen
  • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
  • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
  • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
  • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails
PHYSICS & AI
  • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
  • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
  • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
  • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
  • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
  • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
  • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
  • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
  • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio
VEHICLES
  • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
  • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
  • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)
TRACKS
  • Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
  • Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Automobilista 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

If you need some support getting the most from AMS 2, check out the Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

AMS 2 hotfix update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Yep aside from Step 1 (see further explanation below) that's exactly what I've done.

I have a TMX (the Xbox version of the T-150) which has 900 degrees of rotation; however I have it software-locked through the Windows Controllers interface to 540 degrees because I never want to rotate the wheel more than that; all of the other sims I've ever had (see the list in my previous post above, but mostly I play AC and ACC) don't seem to have an issue with this, but is it that AMS2 does?

One thing that would be handy is to actually get Dev feedback for those of us who bought the title but don't have access to the Beta forum. Surely they could throw us a bone every now and then? Working on X, plan to release Y. It seems like unless your in the Beta, you are treated like a mushroom.
The pitfall in that is too much of a consequence. If the developers don't make a deadline, or decide to change an afore mentioned item or just go in a different route, some folks will scream bloody murder and rant and rave till they're blue. Complaining about Reiza not keeping their word (though it was never given) blah blah blah , ad nauseum. I'm sure you've seen the types. The nature of EA precludes a fair amount of disclosure to the public. Not total non disclosure, but a fair amount I believe.

Yep aside from Step 1 (see further explanation below) that's exactly what I've done.

I have a TMX (the Xbox version of the T-150) which has 900 degrees of rotation; however I have it software-locked through the Windows Controllers interface to 540 degrees because I never want to rotate the wheel more than that; all of the other sims I've ever had (see the list in my previous post above, but mostly I play AC and ACC) don't seem to have an issue with this, but is it that AMS2 does?

I did some test definitely not the same ffb so I recommend you leave the wheel at 900 deg and let the game set it.
Go in game in the CAR setup menu and increase the STEERING LOCK to feel the steering better.

Had only my second VR race in AMS 2. Mainly due to some health issues.
It was Fvee @ Londrina.
First time the Ai behaved like kamikaze pilots whose only job was to knock me of the track.
Today they behaved great. Only negative was they all was driving more are less similar so some rubber banding the first couple of rounds and they didn't really race against each other!
But is is EA and a huge improvement from 8-10 days ago.
Using the Beta so not sure if the normal version is on quite the same level?
Without any doubt it was the best VR performance I have ever had in any race sim. Only after the race ended did I have some stutter.

Very pleased with the Fvee physics and the FFB respond.
Using a g27 so well aware of it's limitations but reading complains about FFB from nearly all other wheel types maybe you should just upgrade your wheels to a g27 :roflmao:

So very pleased with the progress and feel it is already the best race sim out there, for me!
Sure it still have bugs and quirks but feel Reiza forum is the better place for filing bug reports?

One thing that would be handy is to actually get Dev feedback for those of us who bought the title but don't have access to the Beta forum. Surely they could throw us a bone every now and then? Working on X, plan to release Y. It seems like unless your in the Beta, you are treated like a mushroom.

I agree. Just because people were early backers doesn't necessarily mean they'll make good beta testers - they probably just have more disposable income than those who waited for the EA release. I agree with a comment that I've read that giving non-backers read-only access to the beta forum would be go a long way to keeping everyone in the loop and prevent unnecessary bad press about bugs the devs have said they're working on.

Had only my second VR race in AMS 2. Mainly due to some health issues.
It was Fvee @ Londrina.
First time the Ai behaved like kamikaze pilots whose only job was to knock me of the track.
Today they behaved great. Only negative was they all was driving more are less similar so some rubber banding the first couple of rounds and they didn't really race against each other!
But is is EA and a huge improvement from 8-10 days ago.
Using the Beta so not sure if the normal version is on quite the same level?
Without any doubt it was the best VR performance I have ever had in any race sim. Only after the race ended did I have some stutter.

Very pleased with the Fvee physics and the FFB respond.
Using a g27 so well aware of it's limitations but reading complains about FFB from nearly all other wheel types maybe you should just upgrade your wheels to a g27 :roflmao:

So very pleased with the progress and feel it is already the best race sim out there, for me!
Sure it still have bugs and quirks but feel Reiza forum is the better place for filing bug reports?
I have my G27 on stand-by. T minus, and counting.....

Using a g27 so well aware of it's limitations but reading complains about FFB from nearly all other wheel types maybe you should just upgrade your wheels to a g27

There's actually a lot of truth in that.
Something blew in my T500 a few days ago, so I switched to my old back-up G27.
FFB is much, much better. Lightyears ahead of what little came through in the T500.

No idea what causes it, but judging by the comments of other T500 owners, it appears AMS2 seriously dislikes the T500, at least at present.

FFB is much, much better. Lightyears ahead of what little came through in the T500.

No idea what causes it, but judging by the comments of other T500 owners, it appears AMS2 seriously dislikes the T500, at least at present.
That's a pitty. The T500 is an amazing wheel base and very popular. Hopefully next patch sorts it out.

Sorry to hear about your T500.
Believe it is a little the same in PC2. My neighbor got a T500 and he gave up on PC2 as FFB was inconsistent for him while I found I could find something that worked on my old g27.
Hope Reiza can make the FFB consistent over the wide range of steering wheels we users got like they managed on AMS 1.

AUTOMOBILISTA v0.8.2.0 RELEASED!
V0.8.2.0 is now up on Steam, introduces several substantial updates to Physics & AI along with the new Photo Mode.

IMPORTANT: In order to ensure you completely reset your build to the latest changes, it´s strongly recommended to delete your MyDocs/Automobilista 2 settings folder and start anew - make sure to callibrate your controller, and that your pedals are callibrated to the complete 1-100 range (some users have reported needing to callibrate pedals twice for it to register - we´re still investigating it).

V0.8.2.0 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT

• Added Snetterton 100 layout
  • Added Velocittá CD layout
  • Added Interlagos Historic External Ring layout

GENERAL

• Further updates to rain spray (longer life, draw distance, smaller from front wheels)
  • Reduced threshold for track limit penalties (still subject to further tuning)

UI / HUD

• Implemented initial version of in-game Photo Mode
  • Added back Random Weather option
  • Added vehicle statistics to track loading screen
  • Updated car class colour definitions & added short class name icons
  • Multiplayer Browser: Player count corrected to sort numerically instead of alphabetically; fixed incorrect
  • Lobby Screen: Fixed activation of "Invite" button; added class and vehicle name to driver table column headings; fixed private/password icon showing for all servers
  • Removed redundant session time acceleration button from Multiplayer monitor screen

PHYSICS

• Corrected error in fast damper rates incorrectly applying to cars without 2-stage damping (resulting in overall incorrect or altogether broken dampers in some cases)
  • Updated semi-slick treads on various Caterhams for more accurate performance on a wet track
  • Adjusted carcass load stiffness for F-Vee / Copa Fusca / F-Uno / Copa Truck / F-Classic / F-Trainer / F3 / P4 tyres
  • Removed excessive rolling resistance from wet tarmac & concrete (AI & player)
  • Further revised MRX aero, suspension rates & default setup
  • Adjusted ideal temperature ranges in several compounds (correcting sizeable errors in P4, F-Classic Gen1 tyres
  • Fixed wrong tread width on F-Vee front tyre
  • Fixed F-Classic Gen3 Model1 7th gear
  • Updated rental kart physics (narrower track, rear tyres)
  • Applied Balance of Performance for cars in P3 class

AI

• Implemented new AI Aggression logic
  • Fixed AI suspension rate issue that could cause AI cars to vibrate violently
  • Slightly Increased AI smoothness when moving laterally (both calm and urgent) & AI simplied tyre peak slip angle, combining to slightly more natural changes of direction

TRACKS

• Interlagos Historic: Complete art pass
  • Incremental art passe to Oulton Park, Spielberg
  • Updated night lights & fixed flags for Brands Hatch, Imola, Goiania
  • Added period-accurate night lighting to historical tracks
  • Updated Kansai trackside cameras

VEHICLES

• Copa Uno: Added missing lower LODs
  • ARC Camaro: Full field livery update
  • F-Classic:Fixed needle vertex AO, mirror material on LODs of G1M!; Added rear light to G1M2, G2M3; Fixed gearshift lever animation for G3M3
  • Updated wet and inter tyre textures for F-Classics & F-V12
  • Caterhams: Fixed carbon material
  • Roco 001: Fixed gearstick animation
  • Sprintrace: Added windscreen reflection, corrected drift gearshift animation (paddles instead of sequential
  • AJR: Added Tubarão #5 2020 Chevy V8 livery; added chrome parts to v
  • F-Reiza: fixed duplicated livery
  • F-V12: Added new Community Skins
  • F-Ultimate: Updated liveries for Reiza / Milano / Groove teams (logos/materials)

65aa58cbdc5e216301a71a4dfbcadbed306b8a0f.jpg

AI & PHYSICS UPDATES

This build features some major physics and AI improvements - it is recommended to reset your setups and AI Aggression setting.

On the AI side, the AI Aggression system has been completely revamped, changing the way the AI evaluates passing opportunities and how that blends with the AI Aggression setting - 50-70% is a good starting point, with 100% almost sure to result in at least some AI-to-AI crashes.

The AI performance range has also been adjusted but as overall callibration is still in progress you may still observe inconsistencies against player performance as you go from class to class and through different sessions and weather conditions - this should be evolving consistently as we progress through Early Access. AI performance on the run-down to the 1st corner and generally over the first lap likewise will still be callibrated further in upcoming builds.

On the physics side, the biggest change is the addressing of an error that was causing fast dampers not to be disabled in cars that didn´t have suspensions with 2-stage damping (pretty much all cars in the game except the F-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate and SuperV8) - this effectively meant dampers would not work right at certain speeds or were broken altogether, fixing this has gone a long way towards rectifying some of the handling anomalities reported since Beta began. While not all will have substantial handling differences, pretty much every car is worth revisiting with this update.

One of the positive side-effects of this correction is that Force Feedback may feel better / more consistent than before, as a result of the suspension now working properly (rather than development of the FFB system per se).

Reiza does not recommend you delete your documents folder. They recommend you reset your controller (go to control settings and click RESET TO DEFAULT or whatever).

That is what I did and then I tried with the documents folder deleted and there is no difference. Game feels much better I must say. Some cars that were giving me problems are definitely not anymore. Good update.

Just saw the thread, he does recommend it now...

Reiza does not recommend you delete your documents folder.
This comes directly from the post by Renato on their own forums announcing this patch:
IMPORTANT: In order to ensure you completely reset your build to the latest changes, it´s strongly recommended to delete your MyDocs/Automobilista 2 settings folder and start anew...

So yep, they do indeed recommend deleting the entire settings folder.

Source

“Captain Obvious” material here, but now that deleting your AMS 2 folder is a potential recommended practice, don’t forget to screenshot or otherwise take notes of your important settings so you can reproduce them if nuking your folder is advised again in the future. I’m thinking of things like camera FOVs, world movement value, car setup values, etc…

This comes directly from the post by Renato on their own forums announcing this patch:

So yep, they do indeed recommend deleting the entire settings folder.

Source
Yes, I corrected my post. I didn't read the official announcement because they had already release this build on the beta build and there was a beta forum discussion (previous to this) where he said we needed only to reset and not to delete. And now we have to delete the folder. So that was why I got it wrong. That is why I scratched that part. Could've just deleted it but decided not to.

Yes, I corrected my post. I didn't read the official announcement because they had already release this build on the beta build and there was a beta forum discussion (previous to this) where he said we needed only to reset and not to delete. And now we have to delete the folder. So that was why I got it wrong. That is why I scratched that part. Could've just deleted it but decided not to.
I am totally confused!!!!

“Captain Obvious” material here, but now that deleting your AMS 2 folder is a potential recommended practice, don’t forget to screenshot or otherwise take notes of your important settings so you can reproduce them if nuking your folder is advised again in the future. I’m thinking of things like camera FOVs, world movement value, car setup values, etc…

In this day and age I find there is no such thing as "Obvious" in the general populous. So sage advice that probably does indeed need stating.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.