Automobilista 2 | Early Access Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed the first official Early Access build for their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

It's here folks! A new build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2, now publicly available in Steam Early Access has landed!

Release announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.

Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.

Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
  • UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
  • Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
  • Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom Championship Tool);
  • All 3D driver animations are still placeholders and may not fully fit the car yet;
  • Other Car-related 3D animations have not been exported which mean suspension arms are graphically static, damage is very limited and wiper are not operational
  • Some series still have WIP or placeholder liveries - these will be updated or expanded over the course of Early Access

The are many other substantial updates to every front of the game planned for Automobilista 2 throughout Early Access and beyond - we´ll be posting regular updates to inform what´s coming up the pipeline as we progress.

AMS 2 EA Release.jpg

FORCE FEEDBACK

Default FFB settings are designed for Logitech G2X series - if you have wheels with stronger motors you should scale those settings down to avoid clipping.

A more detailed guide for FFB settings will follow up soon.

AMS 2 EA Release 2.jpg

FOR THOSE WITH AMS2 BETA INSTALLED

Upon this release AMS2 BETA owners will have two AMS2 apps in their Steam library - the Beta and this Main Release.

Both apps will be the same as of tonight and for the next few days until the next AMS2 Beta update (which may or may not be also deployed to AMS2 Main depending on the importance of the updates).

If you are an exclusively offline racer there is no reason to install the Main Release of AMS2 - you may continue using exclusively AMS2 Beta. If however you plan to race online or run Time Trial mode when it becomes available with non-Beta users, you must install the Main Release.

If you have further questions about AMS2, please make sure to check on our AMS2 FAQ here

Remember folks, although the simulation has moved from closed beta status, the title is still very much in Early Access state. Don't load up expecting a fully realised and finished title just yet, but I'm sure you will agree with me that the road to V1 status is going to be an exciting journey...

AMS 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

Having trouble with the game? Post a new thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and our exceptional community will help you out!

Last edited:
Thank you Renato, Thank you Reiza.

Readers, Please please please don't comment badly about the lack of content, or low quality of the product, take your time to help the team by making your constructive feedbacks because it's an early access ;) and don't compare it to Project Cars 2 or i write that Fifa is the same game that Battlefield because it's the same engine ahah lol

I think it's a shame that Steam leaves open comments on an unfinished product knowing that the game will "in principle" be much better when it's released. After Reiza could be a gangster studio but it would surprise me considering the reputation...

Mod edit: put gif in quote since it screws up the site on mobile :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reader, Please please please don't comment badly about the quality of the product, it's an early access ;)
Please please please lets not start trying to tell people what they should and should not post. There's enough of that on the AMS 2 forums already thank you. People are free to post their opinions, whatever they may be.

With that said, thanks Reiza! It was too late for me to have a crack at the sim when it was finally released last night, so I've been looking forward to this all day. The download can't finish fast enough! :whistling:

Please please please lets not start trying to tell people what they should and should not post. There's enough of that on the AMS 2 forums already thank you. People are free to post their opinions, whatever they may be.

With that said, thanks Reiza! It was too late for me to have a crack at the sim when it was finally released last night, so I've been looking forward to this all day. The download can't finish fast enough! :whistling:

I edit my reply before to see your"s

Of course we can comment on everything but before shouting that it's a scam, we may have to wait a few weeks to get a real opinion of the product...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
For what it is worth, the progression between the initial launch spec of the close beta and today has been considerable, so I would expect this level of improvement to continue long beyond what we see today.

I'll readily admit, I don't particularly like AMS2 at the moment, however I'm experienced enough to see the improvements that have happened so far and my confidence remains very, very high that this will end up being a superb simulation, even if it doesn't quite meet my own personal needs at this moment in time.

Have fun driving folks!

I think that was specifically to 2 points:
People, that are stating, that it is pCars 2.5 are just sharing factually wrong informations. That's not an opinion. Just because something has the same engine, maybe even with similar segments, it's not the same game, like G_B rightfully said so with the Frostbite comparison and the second one is pontential lack of content, that is already a bit hard to understand, because it has already a ton of drivable stuff in it and yet, i'm reading strange stuff in the internetz about it.

AMS2 is pretty promising by now, best sounding and feeling Madness Engine race title, i've experienced so far :)
AI is VERY rough around the edges and UI and MP still need work.
It lacks polish, but improved already big time over the beta phase, so more to expect.^^

I will now go back to the AMS2 forums as an user there and tell people, what they have to post and not to post. :rolleyes: (Sorry but this sentence is a bit too much, with all due respect.)

I have the vague feeling that this thread is not going to end well.

I am a backer (that tested all betas) and will honestly tamper your expectations and possible hype:

- This is EA, so many things are still very much work in progress. In particular AI.
- If you expect a finished game up to the level of polish of existing multi-year sims, that's not it
- if you expect a career or championship mode or more gamey modes, they are not there (championship planned). So it's just you vs a track vs AI (or multiplayer, which is also very much work in progress)
- If you weren't interested in AMS1 content, you won't either in AMS2 (although more mainstream content is planned)
- Make sure to properly setup your wheel (including FFB) before making judgements. That will more than likely require experimenting with FFB settings. Make sure your wheel has the proper degree of rotation for each car (check that it matches the in-cockpit wheel)
- I also advise to try various car / track / time of day / weather combos before forming a full opinion. Avoid to be that guy that can tell in 10 minutes. Stuff can start to click with a specific car / track combo
=> If you gave it a good try with an open mind and do not like it in current state that's OK. Make sure to try it out again in 3 or 6 months. The improvements during the 1 month of beta have been great, so keep that in mind!

All of this seems a bit negative but I'm having great fun in the current EA while acknowledging this is still work in progress to be improved.
Thank you Reiza.

Last edited:
i did read good review (in prospect) almost everywhere. Just a HUGE HUGE thing, i hope the Reiza guys knows how much the mod community is important for a product....AC versus ACC shows it (in term of sales...)

I have the vague feeling that this thread is not going to end well.

I am a baker (that tested all betas) and will honestly tamper your expectations and possible hype:

- This is EA, so many things are still very much work in progress. In particular AI.
- If you expect a finished game, that's not it
- If you weren't interested in AMS1 content, you won't either in AMS2 (although more mainstream content is planned)
- Make sure to properly setup your wheel (including FFB) before making judgements. That will more than likely require experimenting with FFB settings
- I also advise to try various car / track / time of day / weather combos before having a full opinion. Avoid to be that guy that can tell in 10 minutes
=> If you gave it a good try with an open mind and do not like it in current state that's OK. Make sure to try it out again in 3 or 6 months. The improvements during the 1 month of beta have been great, so keep that in mind!

All of this seems a bit negative but I'm having great fun in the current EA.
Thank you Reiza.

Let me add the importance of fiddling with FFB, Since Beta 4 or 5, Low Force Boost is no longer Low Force Boost. It adds crucial forces and you need to add a bit of it even on a DD wheel. Also, there is a difference between High downforce cars and others. For instance, what settings work for me for the formula cars and prototypes, I have to tone down for the Stock Car since I get instant clipping. Both feel great, but it requires some fine tuning.

Got it gifted today, looking forward to check it out. One question though.
Does the game set steering angle/wheel rotation automatically per car, like in AC and rF2 for example?

Got it gifted today, looking forward to check it out. One question though.
Does the game set steering angle/wheel rotation automatically per car, like in AC and rF2 for example?

Yes it does. Just like ACC, AC and AMS. But rF2 is the only sim that requires to set my max angle back to 1080 in Thrustmaster software after playing. Otherwise it stays like it was on the last driven car, like 450 or 540.
No problem with AMS2 in that regard.

Let me add the importance of fiddling with FFB, Since Beta 4 or 5, Low Force Boost is no longer Low Force Boost. It adds crucial forces and you need to add a bit of it even on a DD wheel. Also, there is a difference between High downforce cars and others. For instance, what settings work for me for the formula cars and prototypes, I have to tone down for the Stock Car since I get instant clipping. Both feel great, but it requires some fine tuning.

More generally, incorrect wheel setup (incorrect degree of rotation, inadequate FFB settings) is a real problem. Although I did not have anything special to do with my trusty G27 besides in-game calibration, it seems that other wheels may require more setup, especially so per car DOR is right.
Nothing is worse than a wheel not setup right...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000