AMS 2 | Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The public Early Access build of Automobilista has received its first update - version 0.8.0.1 is now available to download.

Heading out of the blocks in fine style with their initial Early Access offering of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 racing simulation, Reiza Studios have been quick off the mark getting out the first public hotfix update, deploying build 0.8.0.1 just three days after the EA release dropped.

The new build brings the public version of the simulation to just below the latest build deployed for beta members, and with it comes an nice selection of improvements across many aspects of the title.

Headline changes within the new build are arguably the changes to FFB on some cars, as well as various AI updates (although this is still very much a work in progress).

Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Notes:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
  • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)
UI
  • Added game version number to main menu screen
  • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
  • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
  • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
  • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails
PHYSICS & AI
  • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
  • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
  • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
  • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
  • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
  • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
  • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
  • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
  • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio
VEHICLES
  • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
  • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
  • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)
TRACKS
  • Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
  • Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Automobilista 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

If you need some support getting the most from AMS 2, check out the Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

AMS 2 hotfix update 2.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of the information on the EA version is available right in front of people's faces, highlighted in a light blue box, on the store page where they click the big green buy button. At the very least, it explains enough to make those interested go looking for more info on what they're getting into. The trouble is that most are simply not bothering to read it, but in my view that's entirely their own fault. It's like signing a contract without bothering to read the words above the signature line... you can't cry about it afterwards because it was your own laziness that caused the issue. Yet unlike most contracts, you get a two hour grace period to back out of it if you've made a mistake.

To be clear, I'm not saying that people shouldn't buy the game or shouldn't refund it if they're not happy. I'm just saying that complaining as if the game is a complete product that is "broken" gets a bit old. (This applies to EA in general, not just AMS 2.)

A lot of the information on the EA version is available right in front of people's faces, highlighted in a light blue box, on the store page where they click the big green buy button. At the very least, it explains enough to make those interested go looking for more info on what they're getting into. The trouble is that most are simply not bothering to read it, but in my view that's entirely their own fault. It's like signing a contract without bothering to read the words above the signature line... you can't cry about it afterwards because it was your own laziness that caused the issue. Yet unlike most contracts, you get a two hour grace period to back out of it if you've made a mistake.

To be clear, I'm not saying that people shouldn't buy the game or shouldn't refund it if they're not happy. I'm just saying that complaining as if the game is a complete product that is "broken" gets a bit old. (This applies to EA in general, not just AMS 2.)
Nailed it. :thumbsup:

I would like to know what. Def not getting 'perfectly' at medium settings. You getting 90 FPS or do you have AWS/Motion Smoothing running? I can run with motion smoothing and turn things up but it still stutters and doesn't look great. Mind posting your settings?
I actually have 90fps most of the time, with some rare warping in AI races with many opponents, but pretty much none of it after first lap or so. My gut feeling also tells me that i'm CPU limited in those cases and it's not a GPU power issue, but i'm not able to prove it.
About the settings, i have:
texture high, antistropic x16, MSAA low, 3d grass low, particles and particle density low, everything else medium, supersampling (in ingame VR menu) 1.3

EDIT: BTW i'm on a oculus CV1, other headsets may have an higher resolution and may need less supersampling

Last edited:
I'm just saying that complaining as if the game is a complete product that is "broken" gets a bit old. (This applies to EA in general, not just AMS 2.)

But, equally, praising it as if it's almost perfect at this stage (as some seem to be doing) does nothing to help those who want a realistic idea of what it's like before they buy it. There's a fine line between criticising and complaining but without the former, some things just may not be addressed by the devs. Without knowing which parts of the sim Reiza think are finished (if anything) and what they still consider to be a work-in-progress makes criticism essential, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I actually have 90fps most of the time, with some rare warping in AI races with many opponents, but pretty much none of it after first lap or so. My gut feeling also tells me that i'm CPU limited in those cases and it's not a GPU power issue, but i'm not able to prove it.
About the settings, i have:
texture high, antistropic x16, MSAA low, 3d grass low, particles and particle density low, everything else medium, supersampling (in ingame VR menu) 1.3

EDIT: BTW i'm on a oculus CV1, other headsets may have an higher resolution and may need less supersampling
CV1 def helps. I am using FPSVR to monitor and it is the GPU that is getting taxed on my end. CPU has tons of headroom.

But, equally, praising it as if it's almost perfect at this stage (as some seem to be doing) does nothing to help those who want a realistic idea of what it's like before they buy it. There's a fine line between criticising and complaining but without the former, some things just may not be addressed by the devs. Without knowing which parts of the sim Reiza think are finished (if anything) and what they still consider to be a work-in-progress make criticism essential, in my opinion.
Criticism is healthy and helpful and has a place in this setting. Outright bashing and ranting is not and does not. I agree totally with your post above.
The catch is, we are criticizing things that were possibly going to change anyway. You all should see all of the action at Reiza's Beta Forum. Everyone is involved and motivated. Folks here are criticizing parts of the game like it's a 1.0 release. Even YouTube influencers do it. Some having not even done their due diligence.

Last edited:
i wanted to get the EA but i quit after there was to much to give information outside paying with ideal (from the netherlands and via steam),it never happen before, so i ask myself why do they need all this info,like my zip code and street nummers etc etc in order to complet the deal ?

it is a genuine question, since i never had it before(via steam)

But, equally, praising it as if it's almost perfect at this stage (as some seem to be doing) does nothing to help those who want a realistic idea of what it's like before they buy it. There's a fine line between criticising and complaining but without the former, some things just may not be addressed by the devs. Without knowing which parts of the sim Reiza think are finished (if anything) and what they still consider to be a work-in-progress makes criticism essential, in my opinion.
I agree with everything you said, but I think we're kind of talking about different things. Criticising an unfinished product in a constructive way, saying what you do and don't like, suggesting what you'd like to see, even saying you've refunded it because you didn't like the experience... all are fine. But whining about an EA game being "broken" and being outraged because certain "standard" features are missing is pretty ridiculous.

If being feature-complete with lots of polish is a requirement for someone to enjoy a game, then they shouldn't bother buying into Early Access. People can't buy an unfinished game and then complain because it's unfinished. Well, they can, but they look a bit silly when the do so. :p

I'm having major issues with the rear of nearly every car stepping out on me every time I turn into a corner and then again when I put power down (it's not a case of thunderfoot, as it happens under low/no power at corner entry, and also happens with lower power cars). It's making the whole sim nearly undriveable for me except at stupid low speeds where the AI is waltzing away from me when I have it set to 70%

I don't have this problem in any other sim. Likewise, it's not a problem I've seen anyone else talk about so I suspect it's something to do with my wheel settings. I'm using a TMX (T150) and have it set to 540degrees both in the Windows Controller settings and in game, but the car behaves like I'm turning the wheel too quickly into the corner, or something. The in-game hands and my hands appear to be synced up.

Anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you solve it?

I'm certain you have wheel calibration/setting problem.

CV1 def helps. I am using FPSVR to monitor and it is the GPU that is getting taxed on my end. CPU has tons of headroom.
I get around 96% GPU use and <50% CPU use, still, the fact i have more FPS online than with AI makes me think CPU is the problem.
Modern CPUs all have frequency "boosts", it might simply be that with too many AI mine doesn't get enough frequency in single thread to substain 90FPS.

One thing that would be handy is to actually get Dev feedback for those of us who bought the title but don't have access to the Beta forum. Surely they could throw us a bone every now and then? Working on X, plan to release Y. It seems like unless your in the Beta, you are treated like a mushroom.

(in reply to my "I'm having oversteer issues" post)

Any ideas what the problem might be? I have the same wheel, set up the same way, for AC, ACC, RFactor2, RaceRoom, PCars2, and DiRT Rally and don't have this issue.

I had the same problem the first time I did the calibration for the T300rs wheel in AMS2.

So I hope this helps:

STEP_1__Make sure in Windows in your Thrustmater(Logitech...) control panel your wheel is set to maximum steering rotation available.
The game will set the required value automatically for every car.

STEP_2__In AMS2 start the calibration and do a COMPLETE rotation of the wheel in any direction(left for example) check the confirm box.

STEP_3__(This is where I messed up due to being used to rf2 and I assume also you are doing this wrong)
__In AMS2 do a 90 degrees rotation in the other direction(right for example) check the confirm box .
Is VERY IMPORTANT IT IS 90 DEGREES because if it is a higher value you will experience exactly what you are describing.
You can verify you are at 90 degrees easy because at that point the game will display the maximum steering rotation for your wheel that you previously set in Thrustmaster software in Windows(1080 degrees for example for me)

I hope you understand me and you can fix your setup, english is not my first language.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.