AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Silverstone 67, Tue 20th Feb 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

1605878359630.png

This week we're again in the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 - but on a fast flowing track that won't shake your rig to destruction - Silverstone 67.

Silverstone_Circuit_1952_to_1974.png

The format will be 2x25mins races

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 GMT (21:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Alfa Romeo 33 Tipo TT 12
  • Track: Silverstone 67
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
Practice on Server 3 is up

Last edited:
Laurent says the car is too easy to drive. He is probably right but i think at the moment that is a good thing. The one problem with classic stuff is how hard to drive they are and it is bound to put some people off. It ticks most boxes and can never be called boring, thats for sure. It would not hurt to drive this thing around a bunch of old tracks to maybe gather some interest and then use something else. I have a few ideas that will not terrify the RD copyright box tickers. Example, how about the 917k Colin or for real scary driving how about the 917/30. Both these cars never get out of the garage and are a blast to drive.

locking brakes, snap over steer are all nice and masculine if that's your bag, for me and i think i am not alone here, this is just not what makes for a good race car.
You cannot know when either is going to occur, it makes racing with others particularly unpleasant,
Not only for actual racing but completing a race without constant lock ups and constant off's.
The faster you are in this sport, the easier it is to back off enough to make driving these cars easier to drive , the slower you are the more everything gets affected.
Most of us can trudge around in these sorts of cars, and not have an off, I do it in practice reasonably comfortably, but in racing you never know what unpredictable thing is going to occur. And there are lots of those in a race, you lock up and crash, or you spin the car so easily and your off.
This Tipo is a perfect race car, stable, great sounding, and fast and most can drive it especially with its good setup ability.
And you can lock up, but as we race these on old fashioned race tracks that are wide, this usually is not too much of a problem.
Our Racedepartment is for those folks that have not quite broken into the digital matrix world of sim racing and probably drive more akin to the real world. we are just not equipped with those facilities. So snap oversteer and us not noticing is par for the course, as is lock ups that take our brains time to even notice, So difficult cars are okay for the odd race, but full time purgatory is not something i relish.
I think the Alfa and RS1600 are an exception for two reasons, one there is not that much power and two they are slow, Oh! and a third is that you expect it to happen.
Only my point of view....

Well,

it did goad me into trying this thing out.
But I´m afraid my example seems to have misplaced any front end grip, it´s wandering like a drunken sailor.
So, not in my bracket of ability, sorry....

i'll try the standard setup tomorrow and report back Carsten, apart from a wishy washy front end it seems well hooked in to me.:)

We must be driving completely different cars:rolleyes:.

For me the rear is planted, the understeer is gross and the front strays from the "suggested" line by several feet. That makes it a nuisance to even try and use all the track.

I may have another go later with some changes to front suspension, we´ll see.

We must be driving completely different cars:rolleyes:.

For me the rear is planted, the understeer is gross and the front strays from the "suggested" line by several feet. That makes it a nuisance to even try and use all the track.

I may have another go later with some changes to front suspension, we´ll see.
Remove all the wing and lower the diff coast. Should make it turn. Brake power up to 110% and balance way back. I like the way mine handles, same setup for most tracks

Thanks Steve,

that helped. Also the "wandering, drunk sailor" was reduced by a little toe in on the front, who in hell gives a car like that toe out?
Car drives better now, but I still don´t like the old Silverstone, not in the mood to do the work neccessary.

Have fun guys, see you in Rijeka.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes