AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Silverstone 67, Tue 20th Feb 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The only 'fix' I can find to setups is to force the tyre type.

Does @HF2000 know of any way to fix.setup?

Even if we can fix it I'm not sure.its the way to go as it could put more people off than it attracts!

The only 'fix' I can find to setups is to force the tyre type.

Does @HF2000 know of any way to fix.setup?

Even if we can fix it I'm not sure.its the way to go as it could put more people off than it attracts!
As it stands, we are all around the same lap times. Why would we change that? If i had to drive it out of the box i know it would put me off.

As it stands, we are all around the same lap times. Why would we change that? If i had to drive it out of the box i know it would put me off.
Oh I suggested a working setup, certainly not the default one. Haven't tried anything but default yet though.

So let's say someone provides a good setup for it, we might use that one as fixed setup.. But maybe it's too much hassle.

Last edited:
Oh I suggested a working setup, certainly not the default one. Haven't tried anything but default yet though.

So let's say someone provides a good setup for it, we might use that one as fixed setup.. But maybe it's too much hassle.
Even with the same setup, the driving style of the participant can be so different that the tyre pressure is unfavourable for some compared to the others.

Tried it with a standard setup for Carsten, not really much difference to my “over the top setup”.
Will try both in practice on race night. Oh that’s tonight.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Some great racing chaps, sorry Allan for the contact in race 2, my fault just being a bit to keen to keep my foot in there.:redface:.

Well done all and thanks Colin for setting this up.

Thursday is Radicals around Donnington GP guys, 2 x 20 minute races, Qualy starts at 20.15 UTC.

Happy with race 1 win. Race 2 I had to work my way to the front. I wasn't able to close the gap to Ernie in P1, well done Ernie, you were very fast around here.

I'm afraid my thoughts about the car haven't changed. It's too planted and because of that too easy to drive and a bit boring. I understand everyone feels like superman driving this car. To me it feels simcade, like driving in Gran Turismo.

BUT

I did try the other tires right before the qualy session and they did make a big change. Especially the V70 tires made the car feel a lot more lively. I haven't done many laps with it, but the grip is not so over the top as the V70H.

So, how about only being able to run the V70 tires for the next event? It could be locked on server side.. I'd say give it a go and see how it feels. Feels a lot more like a proper old race car with them.

If not I would much prefer to drive group C cars for instance.

Happy with race 1 win. Race 2 I had to work my way to the front. I wasn't able to close the gap to Ernie in P1, well done Ernie, you were very fast around here.

I'm afraid my thoughts about the car haven't changed. It's too planted and because of that too easy to drive and a bit boring. I understand everyone feels like superman driving this car. To me it feels simcade, like driving in Gran Turismo.

BUT

I did try the other tires right before the qualy session and they did make a big change. Especially the V70 tires made the car feel a lot more lively. I haven't done many laps with it, but the grip is not so over the top as the V70H.

So, how about only being able to run the V70 tires for the next event? It could be locked on server side.. I'd say give it a go and see how it feels. Feels a lot more like a proper old race car with them.

If not I would much prefer to drive group C cars for instance.
Fine by me if we lock the tyres to V70. You might actually need a tyre change next week as it's an hour race. I'll give them a go.

What do others think?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea