AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Silverstone 67, Tue 20th Feb 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I also did a few laps with the v70 tyres and my lap times were less that half a second slower after only a few laps, so the tyres still have great pace but i didn't check them for wear and the car felt way better on corner exit.

I ran with the V70 in the 1st race. Did not expect the hards to have more grip but they did. Made the car feel a little numb and i did not improve my lap times so i am happy to go with the V70 as i have been using it all along anyway. Car is more lively, yes and i little more engaging. I just could not get the pace last night, i noticed everyone braked much harder and much later than me and that is where i was losing that half a second or so each lap for sure. Will have to play with my brakes for the next round.

No to V70, it is the “ring”, you are just inviting problems, the course is difficult enough without doing all this messing.
Addmitidly I have not tried them, but that does not really matter because I am in the place we’re I say “ WHY”:O_o:

No to V70, it is the “ring”, you are just inviting problems, the course is difficult enough without doing all this messing.
Addmitidly I have not tried them, but that does not really matter because I am in the place we’re I say “ WHY”:O_o:
Why? Because we want to drive a simulator and quite frankly this car is completely broken. We may not fix the downforce levels which are completely wrong but at least we get the tires to behave more like tires of that era.

If cars were that difficult in the past, all the racing drivers would last about as long as bomber crews in the Second World War.
The reality is that with simulators there are a lot of accepted differences that we cannot recreate in a simulator, although I am an advocator that sims are pretty accurate, the fact is that they miss a lot of things the real world brings to the table.
You just have to observe our gentleman’s races to see that if they were for real not many or probably none of us would be around after a few weeks of racing.
You would not run any sport for the minority, ie make the pockets in a snooker table half the size and double the size of the snooker table, make dart boards half the size, make a 1500 meter race 150miles, these could take your argument and apply it, In the end you just keep marginalising every sport down to a couple of oddly unusually talented people.
I used to drive an early 1980’s F3 car along side my road car at the same event, the f3 car has extremely high levels of grip, it did not budge from your chosen steering input, small slip angles admittedly, but masses of grip compared to my road car that would marginally slide around on its road tyres. Both were easy to drive.
Now I could have run the f3 car with very skinny low grip road tyres, removed all the down force and driven it and probably would have spent most of my time sitting in ditches or more likely hospitals.
Cars are supposed to be easyish to drive, they all should have some sort of predictable handling trait, when they don’t you have hospitals full of those people who race them..
We cannot feel these simulated cars, it relies on some having a more sensitive approach to a digital feeling than others.
So my statement WHY is I think a valid one.

Last edited:
In reality guys, there is not that much difference between any of the tyres.
I agree with both sides and Ernie makes a strong case. But he rightly shoots himself in the foot where he says if we drove in real life how we drive in sim we would all be dead.
I agree, and that is where the problem is. By making these cars tricky to drive forces us to take LESS risks and therefore more realistic to drive.
I have to ask at the risk of being challenged on this point. And i take nothing away from the skill of the drivers on here. Would the same poeple allways win the races if there was an electric shock administered to every unrealistic but of course quicker action to bring the lap time down or get to the front. I am not sure. Or if we crash maybe
Aggression is sometimes rewarded when there is no risk of penalty maybe.
To try to remove some of the flack that comment might incure might i say that we are all guilty of knowing we are not going to die if we get it wrong so it applies to all levels.
Make it harder i say.
Let the skill shine through guys.

P.S. by the way. I am now selling 1000 volts punishment seats which i think should be compulsory for sim racing :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think vintage cars drive much better on something like 96-97% grip. Makes grip loss/going over the limit less abrupt.
The server is now running 96% grip so can Laurent give it a go and see how that feels in combination with the V70 tyres. Seems OK to me and the car is still driveable - just a bit loose :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.