General AI bug on mod track - stalling after race restart

Just tested this and 0 prefix makes it non-physical mesh. Any suffix after WALL makes no difference either.
I stand corrected. I could swear I had non working wall colliders at one point and only after changing their names by removing the suffix they started working. Was probably something else like character limit my issue then.

I stand corrected. I could swear I had non working wall colliders at one point and only after changing their names by removing the suffix they started working. Was probably something else like character limit my issue then.

I think yes. If I remember correctly, I had problems with mesh names being too long. But walls can have other problems, like inverted faces. Then they won't work. Or car just get stuck. That is, if you make walls from spline and apply mesh modifiers (I work with 3Ds MAX).

EDIT: After more testing - ONLY the cars that RETIRE and get spawn into pits get this bug. So, when they stand in the pits during race and I restart the race, they keep standing on the grid.

Have you made any progress with this issue? I am seeing this problem, where cars refuse to move from the start line. The cars are those that crashed/retired in qualifying or in a race that I restarted - it is as if the game does not reset the status of the cars after a session ends.

Although I have mod cars on the grid, this happens on Kunos tracks.

Long shot - did you install SOL?

I'm fishing around for a solution as this is rather frustrating. But, I guess it's not the track you are building :)

Steven.

Have you made any progress with this issue? I am seeing this problem, where cars refuse to move from the start line. The cars are those that crashed/retired in qualifying or in a race that I restarted - it is as if the game does not reset the status of the cars after a session ends.

Although I have mod cars on the grid, this happens on Kunos tracks.

Long shot - did you install SOL?

I'm fishing around for a solution as this is rather frustrating. But, I guess it's not the track you are building :)

Steven.

Yes, I have SOL and Content Manager. Tried with mod cars and Kunos cars. But only on track I'm working on right now. And yes, cars stand there, in neutral gear, I think engine is running though.

Yes, I have SOL and Content Manager. Tried with mod cars and Kunos cars. But only on track I'm working on right now. And yes, cars stand there, in neutral gear, I think engine is running though.

This is far from scientific, but I disabled the shaders mod within Content Manager, and disabled SOL by renaming the Sol directories, and have had a few races on two tracks (one a mod, one by Kunos) and the problem of AI not moving from the grid has gone.

It looks like the cars that go off the track now retire, even if some take a few minutes to do so. They do not seem to sit there forever as before. Then, when the next session begins, they go with everyone else.

It's not scientific as I've yet to re-enable SOL and the shader to see if the issue returns, but I thought you might be interested in hearing my observations and trying for yourself. Please update us if this works for you or not.

Thanks,

Steven.

This is far from scientific, but I disabled the shaders mod within Content Manager, and disabled SOL by renaming the Sol directories, and have had a few races on two tracks (one a mod, one by Kunos) and the problem of AI not moving from the grid has gone.

It looks like the cars that go off the track now retire, even if some take a few minutes to do so. They do not seem to sit there forever as before. Then, when the next session begins, they go with everyone else.

It's not scientific as I've yet to re-enable SOL and the shader to see if the issue returns, but I thought you might be interested in hearing my observations and trying for yourself. Please update us if this works for you or not.

Thanks,

Steven.
Thank you, I will try it out. If you are interested, I can send you a version of my track, get a chance to play before others ;)

For what it's worth, I have the exact same problem of AI cars stalling after a restart, even with Kunos content (track and cars). I did install Sol 1.0 and Content Manager shortly before noticing that problem, so that's the best lead I've got.
Currenly doing a fresh install to see what happens.

For what it's worth, I have the exact same problem of AI cars stalling after a restart, even with Kunos content (track and cars). I did install Sol 1.0 and Content Manager shortly before noticing that problem, so that's the best lead I've got.
Currenly doing a fresh install to see what happens.

On Simracing604 new video about Sol I asked it and 3 others said they have the same problem.

I did some tests on a fresh install.
This is how I tested:
  1. Launch game in Quick Race (Race in Content Manager).
  2. Crash an AI car so that it retires (somehow more difficult than I thought).
  3. Restart race.
  4. Check if cars are stuck.
Basic AC has no issue.
Then I installed Content Manager and did the test above, still good. CM is not the culprit.
Then I installed Custom Shader Patch. Crashed cars get stuck after restart!
Disabled it, no more issue.
Went into the Custom Shader Patch settings in Content Manager Settings and disabled New AI behavior extension, that fixed the problem.
Looks like we have our culprit, it's the New AI behavior extension in Custom Shader Patch.

Yes it's starting to become pretty obvious that it's that. I wonder if it's Sol or if it's the Custom Shader Patch.
It turns the lights on at night on the AI cars, so it looks like it's definitely touching AI behavior in some way.

As I mentioned above, I renamed the SOL directories, assuming that this disabled the SOL part. I have now found that turning the advanced shader on and off within Content Manager makes the problem come and go. I am not 100% sure that I have done enough to remove all of SOL's influence, though - it seems highly integrated with the shader.

For now, anyway, I'm driving with both off so I can be sure we all leave the line :)

EDIT: just seen the message from gcx_le_gaulois - excellent work, mon ami!

I tried turning off the AI setting within custom shader patch and every single one of my AI drivers retired the beginning of the race at road America... Over and over again

I have the same problem but I'm no modder or something like that. It's just when I wan't to do a race and I restart it some of them are just staying where they are. This happens with modded and Kunos tracks and with modded and Kunos cars. Does anyone have an idea what I could do to fix it?

I have the same problem but I'm no modder or something like that. It's just when I wan't to do a race and I restart it some of them are just staying where they are. This happens with modded and Kunos tracks and with modded and Kunos cars. Does anyone have an idea what I could do to fix it?

Try disabling New AI Behaviour in Content Manager - Custom Shaders Patch settings

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back