ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I really like this app, great work!

However, I do have one problem with it though; I never quit the app, so its constantly open. After a couple of days, my DNS stops working - even though I can ping internet IP adresses.

As soon as I close the app, my DNS starts working again.

If I use the command, netstat -a in cmd I can see that all of my UDP ports are in use. (50 000 + ports are in use.)

After closing the app, I can see that there are almost no UDP ports in use (with the netstat -a command).

Using Windows 10, fully updated.

Last edited:
I really like this app, great work!

However, I do have one problem with it though; I never quit the app, so its constantly open. After a couple of days, my DNS stops working - even though I can ping internet IP adresses.

As soon as I close the app, my DNS starts working again.

If I use the command, netstat -a in cmd I can see that all of my UDP ports are in use. (50 000 + ports are in use.)

After closing the app, I can see that there are almost no UDP ports in use (with the netstat -a command).

Using Windows 10, fully updated.
That's really good information - I'll do some tests to check if and why UDP sockets aren't being freed properly

That's really good information - I'll do some tests to check if and why UDP sockets aren't being freed properly

@kakemix - I've found a couple of issues here
  • While the UDP clients were being cleaned up , the unmanaged resources (ie the physical socket connections) weren't. That'll teach me for taking the Kunos example verbatim and assuming it works. I've fixed this part now
  • However, there is a worse example. The scenario I've seen if when ARC is started, start ACC, start a session then close then re-open ACC without opening a session. ARC then periodically retries the UDP connection every 10 seconds or so. This is fine and what it is supposed to do. However, even though the connection fails (ACC has not started listening on it), it is still consuming a connection. This might be fun to try and fix and will take me a bit longer

Hi @Doug Duthie,
In the session tab and also in the leaderboard the brake bias value for the Honda NSX GT3 Evo (2019) doesn't match the ingame value.
In the ACC setup screen 48.6% and in ARC it is shown as 54.6%, so always 6% difference for me.

Last edited:
Hi @Doug Duthie,
In the session tab and also in the leaderboard the brake bias value for the Honda NSX GT3 Evo (2019) doesn't match the ingame value.
In the ACC setup screen 48.6% and in ARC it is shown as 54.6%, so always 6% difference for me.
Ok…there’s an offset table for brake bias that I need to apply from the shared memory documentation. I’ll check that when I’m back.

EDIT: I've checked now. It looks like the Shared Memory documentation is incorrect. It specifies the same brake bias dash offset (-14) as the 2017 Honda NSX whereas it looks like it should be -20.

It will be fixed in the next release

Last edited:
Hi @Doug Duthie - I am not sure if it's related but just reporting in case it is. Lately I've had desync issues. Meaning mid-race, everyone's cars desyncs and freezes in the mini-map but I am able to continue racing by myself. So not your typical server disconnection. For many days I couldn't figure out why it was doing it and then I turned off ARC and the desync seemingly goes away. Is this also related to the UDP connection issue you mentioned above?

Hi Doug ( @Doug Duthie ), I believe there is either a wrong help text or an inconstinent input field in "Manual Calculation". The field is "Spare Laps Fuel", the help text is "Enter a duration in minutes to manually calculate fuel required". I suggest - if possible - to replace this with "Number of extra laps to fuel for". This text is from the help file regarding the field "Spare Laps Fuel" in "Session recommendation". Consistent would be the same type of input for both sections ("Session recommendation" and "Manual calculation"). I would clearly prefer "Number of extra laps to fuel for". Does this make sense for you? Regards, Michael
Screenshot 2022-09-28 175456.png
Screenshot 2022-09-28 175406.png

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've used this in the past but took a break from ACC, just getting back into it now and re-downloaded the app to start using it again as a lot of my friends highly recommend it.

Unfortunately I ran into an issue when launching it that none of my friends have had, I get a disk I/O error and a large string of places where there is an error and it just won't launch. This happens using the desktop shortcut or launching from the folder using the .exe - see the screenshot for the precise error.

I've tried repairing my .net install and running the system file checker, as well as restarting and using the msi to repair the install, all to no avail. I also have made sure I'm using the latest installer that you re-uploaded, and have also tried using an older installer (1.11.1) from a friend.

I did also try googling for this error but was unable to find any help.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Spiritcharged

Attachments

• SpiritchargedARCLoadError.png
    SpiritchargedARCLoadError.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
Hi there,

I've used this in the past but took a break from ACC, just getting back into it now and re-downloaded the app to start using it again as a lot of my friends highly recommend it.

Unfortunately I ran into an issue when launching it that none of my friends have had, I get a disk I/O error and a large string of places where there is an error and it just won't launch. This happens using the desktop shortcut or launching from the folder using the .exe - see the screenshot for the precise error.

I've tried repairing my .net install and running the system file checker, as well as restarting and using the msi to repair the install, all to no avail. I also have made sure I'm using the latest installer that you re-uploaded, and have also tried using an older installer (1.11.1) from a friend.

I did also try googling for this error but was unable to find any help.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Spiritcharged
It looks like error occurs when trying to open the database. There's 2 likely causes
  • the database is damaged
  • the ACC Results Companion (ARC) data folder resides on a shared or on-demand drive (such as OneDrive) where the write access is ambiguous
First, check the location of the ARC folder. This will be in <Documents>\ACCResults normally (eg E:\Users\Doug\Documents\ACCResults). Check you can navigate to this folder in explorer. If on a shared drive, check you have write access. If on OneDrive (or GoogleDrive etc) check the folder is set to Always Download Files. If not, the on-demand retrieving doesn't work well with ARC - you will get read and write failures.

Next, check in the above folder that the database exists - ACCResults.DB. Check if there is a journal file (ACCResults.DB-journal). If that is the case, there is unwritten data on the database and it is locked preventing any reading. If this is the case, the only solution is to remove the database and journal - move both ACCResults.DB and ACCResults.DB-journal to another folder, or delete both if you had nothing saved in previous sessions. Restart ARC and it should try to recreate the database.

Let me know how it goes. If there are still issues, then I'll need to look into it further
Cheers,
Doug

Hi Doug ( @Doug Duthie ), I believe there is either a wrong help text or an inconstinent input field in "Manual Calculation". The field is "Spare Laps Fuel", the help text is "Enter a duration in minutes to manually calculate fuel required". I suggest - if possible - to replace this with "Number of extra laps to fuel for". This text is from the help file regarding the field "Spare Laps Fuel" in "Session recommendation". Consistent would be the same type of input for both sections ("Session recommendation" and "Manual calculation"). I would clearly prefer "Number of extra laps to fuel for". Does this make sense for you? Regards, MichaelView attachment 603842View attachment 603841
I've got a feeling that tooltip was from when I meant the calculation to work differently. Thanks for spotting it - I'll get it changed

Hi @Doug Duthie - I am not sure if it's related but just reporting in case it is. Lately I've had desync issues. Meaning mid-race, everyone's cars desyncs and freezes in the mini-map but I am able to continue racing by myself. So not your typical server disconnection. For many days I couldn't figure out why it was doing it and then I turned off ARC and the desync seemingly goes away. Is this also related to the UDP connection issue you mentioned above?
Almost certainly - I've got a fix I'm testing.

Basically if you leave ARC running after it has had 1 session then it polls every 10 seconds until a new session starts but doesn't free up the connections until it exhausts the pool. I'd recommend closing ARC at least daily until I have a new release

Last edited:
It looks like error occurs when trying to open the database. There's 2 likely causes
  • the database is damaged
  • the ACC Results Companion (ARC) data folder resides on a shared or on-demand drive (such as OneDrive) where the write access is ambiguous
First, check the location of the ARC folder. This will be in <Documents>\ACCResults normally (eg E:\Users\Doug\Documents\ACCResults). Check you can navigate to this folder in explorer. If on a shared drive, check you have write access. If on OneDrive (or GoogleDrive etc) check the folder is set to Always Download Files. If not, the on-demand retrieving doesn't work well with ARC - you will get read and write failures.

Next, check in the above folder that the database exists - ACCResults.DB. Check if there is a journal file (ACCResults.DB-journal). If that is the case, there is unwritten data on the database and it is locked preventing any reading. If this is the case, the only solution is to remove the database and journal - move both ACCResults.DB and ACCResults.DB-journal to another folder, or delete both if you had nothing saved in previous sessions. Restart ARC and it should try to recreate the database.

Let me know how it goes. If there are still issues, then I'll need to look into it further
Cheers,
Doug
Yup, moving the old database file and letting it create a new one when I launched it seemed to do the trick. Thanks very much! I didn't actually realise I even had the old db from earlier this year when I was using the app lol.

hi, thanks for the great work, but since the last update i have the problem that my personal bests are no longer recorded. i have absolutely no idea what the reason could be. would be grateful for any help.

Hi Doug.

Facing a strange bug. Tried a hotstint session at spa 2018 with honda NSX GT3 and ACC records it with a Porsche 991 GT3 R. Second session was a hotstint at imola and Honda is correctly recorded.

attached is associated log (rename file to .7z instead of .7z.txt)

edit: checked database content and recorded car model is 0 (porsche) instead of 17 (honda)

edit2: json result also record CarModel 0 instead of 17

edit3 : just tried another go with monza and honda and everything recorded as expected. So a non systematic bug.
FYI, sequence is
started ACCR before the game,
started the game then do two hotstint sessions
close the game.

edit4: removed attached log file

Last edited:
ACC Results Companion V1.16.9 Released (Here)

Important Stability Fixes

This release includes 2 very important stability fixes

Free UDP Connections
This is my own fault for taking the Kunos sample code and not paying too much attention to how it cleaned up the sockets when done (it is merely a sample and not production code after all).

Basically, when a UDP connection attempt was made, and failed, the socket was not being freed. Given ARC polls for a UDP connection, the available sockets would eventually be consumed if left running for a long time. The result would be that eventually, sessions would not be recorded.

This fixes that and also counts the number of UDP client connections made to ACC in the SHM widget (Broadcast->UdpConections).

Leaderboard Widget Memory Leak
If using the Leaderboard widget (I acknowledge that few people do), this had a memory leak when the leaderboard was rebuilt. This happened every time a driver joined or left the session. For multiplayer, this was especially noticeable as the entry list changes frequently. The net result is that after as little as 2 or 3 sessions, an out of memory condition would be reached which would crash the leaderboard and potentially crash ARC as well.

This release fixes the worst of the memory leaks (the leaderboard isn't constantly rebuilt and manages resources a bit better). After this release, I'll double check other potentially areas

Other Stuff
Various tooltips fixed and the brake bias for Honda NSX EVO fixed (The SHM documentation was incorrect)

Diagnostics
A quick reminder, if you have an issue with ARC, you can provide diagnostics (instructions here) - be sure to let me know on this forum so I know who the diagnostics are for and what the issue is

Finally
Thanks again for all those who have donated - I really appreciate it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back