ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
my ACC Results Companion needs minutes to start since the last update :( :(
User ID: TtoFm75ZIGR0rRhj8usS3KCv0eR8rFYGJw-R3V3D_uE

Is my Database too big?
Your database isn't too big, but it is getting errors.

First off, you have the database maintenance interval set to 0. This means it attempts a lengthy cleanup on each startup. I suggest waiting until ARC starts and increasing the interval, then restarting ARC

7ilVFl2.png

The next issue you have is a lot of DB operations are timing out on startup as the DB is locked. It looks like when the UI eventually comes up, things are working.

Next, do not upgrade ARC yet...keep at 1.16.3. Newer versions will attempt DB updates on startup and just make things worse.

It looks to be an issue with data in the database rather than settings. I'll have a look after work to see if I can figure out what is going on, or if I can rebuild the DB

@DeltaF508 - I've had a quick chance to test now. Your DB appears ok with 1.16.6 which I'll try and release at the weekend after I've given it a proper shakedown.

This upgrades the DB libraries, slightly streamlines the start up procedure and enforces a default DB maintenance period of 30 days. I'm hoping this will fix your issues

ACC Results Companion 1.16.7 Released - (here)

Overview
Only one new thing today, with a bunch of fixes

Corner Names Widget
After a terrifying race at Kyalami in the wet last night, I found I still wanted a better way of learning corner names. This isn't a new idea and other tools have done it before, but I'm probably not going to install a separate tool for just one thing.

Activate it in settings
wP5Vj6h.png

Initially it will probably display in the top left corner. Drag it to where you want it and remember to use the Appearance button to demo the widgets and let you change colours/fonts.

The widget only displays when there is a named straight or corner giving the turn number and name if applicable

KUMvlwv.png

Bugs, bugs and more bugs
This wouldn't be ACC Results Companion if there wasn't a long list of bugs.

Pairing SP Races
SP races use information from the results file and UDP in order to get the maximum amount of information. After the session completes, they are supposed to be merged into one session. However, there was a possibility this would fail as the database was locked while updating other info. Now the pairing DB reads and also championship info has been made asynchronous to prevent this.

You may find you have a bunch of duplicate SP races left from before this fix. You can use the List Unpaired Races/Show Session Pairing Candidates to see these

• List Unpaired shows all SP Races that haven't been paired
  • Show Session Pairing Candidates lists possible sessions that may be paired with this one

Finally, Consolidate Race Results merges a UDP and Results File session and removes the duplicate.

See below for a demo

a0uzBg9.gif

I'll update the help document in the next release with this info

Leaderboard Fixes

• Bug with Cup Category overall setting - removed ProAm,Am etc from results rather than showing everything
  • If new install and saved settings not previously generated, the leaderboard would always be blank

Leaderboard Widget Fixes

• Race number sizing fixed (field size same regardless of number of digits)
  • Gap at finish line - preference not saved
  • Moving/adding/removing fields - column headers not updated properly

All Widgets
A major memory leak has been fixed. This would cause the widgets to crash and eventually the whole app

Known Outstanding Issues
I have still seen one instance of OOM (out of memory). This appears most likely to happen in online races using the leaderboard widget (this rebuilds a lot when people join at the start of a race). If you don't use the leaderboard widget, I don't think this is an issue. If you do use the widget, either consider turning it off for the time being, or restarting between server sessions (ie do practice, qualifying, race, then restart ARC).

I've run a stress test on the widget and at the moment I can't see a memory leak. I need to add more diagnostics and monitor this (it could just be that I don't have a lot of memory and am running too many other things)

If you experience OOM, report it here (uploading diagnostics in the normal way) and let me know how long ARC was running for and how many sessions (online and offline) before the issue occurred

Once again, thanks to all the people who have donated. I really appreciate it

yes, me too. It doesn't start anymore, also tried repairing, reinstall...
Nothing to do except removing latest version (1.16.8) and reinstall the previous one. I think the exe inside the installer is corrupted. Luckily uninstall process doesn't remove local files so you get all previous records without issue.

Last edited:
Nothing to do except removing latest version (1.16.8) and reinstall the previous one. I think the exe inside the installer is corrupted. Luckily uninstall process doesn't remove local files so you get all previous records without issue.
As I wrote in my first message. Main thing is Dough knows now there is a problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back