Paul Jeffrey

Premium
16 ACC Merc Rain.jpg 17 ACC Audi Rain.jpg 18 ACC Rain Race.jpg 21 ACC Night Race.jpg 14 ACC Audi Night.jpg 24 ACC Dusk.jpg
Marco Massarutto has confirmed more Assetto Corsa Competizione news will be coming in the next weeks during this latest interview with technology giants Nvidia...

During the brief interview video with Nvidia presenter Julian Huguet recently, Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder Marco Massarutto has revealed some interesting insight into the highly anticipated new title from the makers of Assetto Corsa, including confirmation that the studio continue to target a "late summer" 2018 Early Access release date, and going on to mention that more news about the new simulation should be revealed in the next few weeks.

Already we've seen quite a bit of footage from ACC thanks to the various launch and reveal events around the world, and again this latest interview with Nvidia gives players another glimpse at what promises to be a highly polished visual treat, building on the already exceptionally solid foundations of Assetto Corsa as the Italian team move to the powerful Unreal 4 game engine - a first for the studio and yet another notable developer making use of this mightily potent engine for a sim racing game.

Sit back and enjoy the new footage as we continue to eagerly await more news about ACC in the coming days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
so to recap:
ACC supports 60 AI cars -> that's because the physical model is simple
ACC does not support 60 AI car -> that's because devs are not good at optimizing
can't win :p
I say screw the AI and give us the option for bigger grids. It will help smooth things out in the long run, if you plan to add the WEC multiclass endurance racing category later down the line.

Well, my 4th Gen. Core i7-4790K 16GB + GTX980 OC, wouldn't handle 60 cars for sure :roflmao: but, If I had a better PC, I'd really like to push ACC to the limit of my machine, if possible, at least modding a .ini file or increasing the number of AI cars in game as rFactor/2 does, for example. Since ACC is for PC only this time, I think it would be an opportunity very welcome by users.

rFactor/2 for example let you select how many visible cars you can see, but I don't know if this option has the same impact on the CPU.

The only bottleneck that comes to my mind now, having a huge grid up to 60 cars, and correct me if I'm wrong, is the online play.
I could not join a server where they exceed my PC capabilities. In this case or online play is capped to 26/30 cars (don't remember the exact limit) or we have to join only servers where the grid length is lower or equal to our PC capabilities, to avoid CPU 99% occupancy and ugly framerate.

so to recap:

ACC does not support 60 AI car -> that's because devs are not good at optimizing

The videos I've seen it looks incredible, I assume the physics feel as good or better than AC which sold 1.5 million and gave Kunos a strong fanbase.
If ACC ports to console eventually, it could double AC in total sales.

You've already won, and it hasn't released. Get it up on steam Stefano so we all can win!

so to recap:

Actually, I don't think we are going to get a full grid with 60 cars. But I really hope that 40-50 cars in Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Misano and Paul Ricard can be a great number to make traffic. I have been asking to increasing the number in Project Cars 2 too, but the moderators at the forums get really triggered by this kind of petitions on pc.

Hopefully that is the case, I remember hearing something about AI using real physics and it would be too taxing to run a full grid. Also hoping to see some more of the obscure cars like the Lexus and Aston. Right now its just all Audi, Ferrari and AMG's.

There's been in the videos the 21/18 car grids because the other cars that haven't been showed are practically new to Assetto, like the M6, RC F GT3, NSX, etc. So, don't worry, we think we just have to wait and see what's the news in the next week.

I agree with the limit of AI as well as I agree with the limit of players online but in this case obeying what happens in the real, Spa more than 60 cars ok in the online to do this, but brands hatch not that there has to be a limit to not there are online atrocities attempting to host an SV in brands or other sprint tracks with more cars than the actual limit of the same

I hope so p

Oi mate, that site you mention NoGrip has closed it's doors which is sad as they had
among the best archives anywhere, especially real Motorsports photos and screens

Life goes on and Time is a thief that never gets caught

I had no idea that they had closed their doors. That is a real shame. I guess time does march on and we all get older. I also agree with your other posts about shooters being a top priority. Racing is a niche in a niche, I am afraid. Good to know your here though.

Except it's not, in the real championship 22 or so cars race at Brands Hatch, the same in Zolder, Misano and any other Sprint track, so sticking with realism only you would never have a larger grid at these tracks for the current championship.
There is a reason for that as well, most of these tracks don't have the pit lane and facilities to be able to hold that many cars in the first place. The largest the sprint cup ever been was around 30 cars.

Such simple things shouldn't confine a game from permitting larger grids. Any Spa 24 with less than the actual count would be dissapointing, even in EA.

Such simple things shouldn't confine a game from permitting larger grids. Any Spa 24 with less than the actual count would be dissapointing, even in EA.

Early Access is what Steam describes as a Beta, therefore it is not final. To say Full features like Full AI not available in EA is "disappointing" means you're expecting way too much and you need to lower those expectations, we may well get the full amount for EA but don't be surprised or disappointed if we don't. When the game officially comes out of EA and THEN the Full amount of cars is not at Spa....THEN get disappointed!

RF2 has no issues with today's tech

GTX1180 is around corner too.

why limit when 'PC' users can deem their own acceptable framerate?

Maybe you could make it available i some user.ini file similar to the Ferrari F1 hack

Has no limits with today tech ? are you kidding me ? its the heaviest of them all and one of the few i cant afford to play at 120hz because it puts a GTX1080 on its knees with 15 AIS on track, and it still looks like it has graphics from last century ? ok....

Has no limits with today tech ? are you kidding me ? its the heaviest of them all and one of the few i cant afford to play at 120hz because it puts a GTX1080 on its knees with 15 AIS on track, and it still looks like it has graphics from last century ? ok....

Not only does it look ancient, the developers are struggling to release a updated UI, whilst Kunos has almost released a completely full sim in less than a Year.
And then people have the nerve to compare ACC with a almost Nine Year old dated stale technology.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back