Paul Jeffrey

Premium
16 ACC Merc Rain.jpg 17 ACC Audi Rain.jpg 18 ACC Rain Race.jpg 21 ACC Night Race.jpg 14 ACC Audi Night.jpg 24 ACC Dusk.jpg
Marco Massarutto has confirmed more Assetto Corsa Competizione news will be coming in the next weeks during this latest interview with technology giants Nvidia...

During the brief interview video with Nvidia presenter Julian Huguet recently, Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder Marco Massarutto has revealed some interesting insight into the highly anticipated new title from the makers of Assetto Corsa, including confirmation that the studio continue to target a "late summer" 2018 Early Access release date, and going on to mention that more news about the new simulation should be revealed in the next few weeks.

Already we've seen quite a bit of footage from ACC thanks to the various launch and reveal events around the world, and again this latest interview with Nvidia gives players another glimpse at what promises to be a highly polished visual treat, building on the already exceptionally solid foundations of Assetto Corsa as the Italian team move to the powerful Unreal 4 game engine - a first for the studio and yet another notable developer making use of this mightily potent engine for a sim racing game.

Sit back and enjoy the new footage as we continue to eagerly await more news about ACC in the coming days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Has no limits with today tech ? are you kidding me ? its the heaviest of them all and one of the few i cant afford to play at 120hz because it puts a GTX1080 on its knees with 15 AIS on track, and it still looks like it has graphics from last century ? ok....

This worries me also as I want to invest in GTX1180 and new monitor to run next gen titles at higher res but they just get heavier to run and you end up wasting hardware potential

If I was into shooters it would not worry me in the least

What I don't like about DX11+ sim titles is they have poor AA/AF and post effects make even worse so much so I gave up doing screenshots long ago

Good thing about GTR2 you can run 4K DSR quality settings with full grid at Spa, all HQ add-on, night, rain, whatever and no fps dips. Still though ...it takes new gen GPU to do a decade old sim
lol ;)

Early Access is what Steam describes as a Beta, therefore it is not final. To say Full features like Full AI not available in EA is "disappointing" means you're expecting way too much and you need to lower those expectations, we may well get the full amount for EA but don't be surprised or disappointed if we don't. When the game officially comes out of EA and THEN the Full amount of cars is not at Spa....THEN get disappointed!

People expect way too little from EA at prices that were fully fledged games not even a lustrum ago.

I'm amazed people still think alpha, beta, EA even mean anything. A game is not made because DLC's are being released, a game is not made when it goes through 12 months of EA. A game is made the moment you ask money for a product. Anything that comes on top of it is pure gain, and can be defended by asking higher prices down the line like Dirt Rally did.

AI isn't EA, it's either there or it isn't. PCars 2 should have at least given pointers to Kunos that you don't start with doing it wrong, hoping it'll turn out to be ok in the end.

This game and promised "good ranking system" is the only reason which keeps me from going into iRacing right now

Thats funny, because I've been iRacing for many years and now looking forward to ACC for hopefully some great AI racing, as well as iRacing implementing AI into the game soon.
The most enjoyment I've ever had from sim racing was GTR1 and 2, Properly structured series is the way to go, with good AI. If I could get VR in GTR2, I would still be playing it.
I think I'm done with racing humans, hopefully ACC is the ducks nuts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back