AC Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Zandvoort (2020), Wed 28th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Look above your post at the Screenshots. You sadly became the victim of Omar lagging and his car driving straight through the track into your side :(
I'm aware of what happened. I watched the replay while the race was being finished and reacted to the post above before posting my own photo. I think I lost you with the steak joke. Accidents happen...no worries.

Last edited:
Rasmus about to breathe fire from those fingertips. All good.
FYI: post edited for clarity.

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_154032.jpg
    IMG_20210816_154032.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Well thanks to an ill timed email, I missed practice and most of quali trying to deal with the American healthcare system :x3::cautious::roflmao:

Enjoyed the race a lot. First half started with me decently far back, but with company :)
As someone else mentioned, lots of good racing even down to the last place!

Pitted around min 35 after I had made some headway in catching a 5 car mx5 train in front in hopes I might make up some time in fresh air and. Had a good 15 min of finding a rhythm, then found myself racing side by side with Colin lap after lap for the remaining 15 min :thumbsup:. Hope I left you enough room on those turns. Was doing my best to stay racey & safe all in one. Really enjoyable racing :) I think each of us set our fastest laps during that stretch too.

Congrats as always to the winners and finishers. Happy to see our numbers grow while the quality of racing stays the same, if not gets better. Thanks for marshaling us through the year Han! See you all in the new year :)

Last edited:
Yeah that thing at the pit entry was really bad luck. I think Collin did not see that I was almost passing him on the right when he decided to pit. First I thought he‘s defending quite aggressiv haha :cautious::D
Sorry for that misunderstanding. I planned on stopping anyway so moved to the right but was surprised to see you on the right too. I actually thought you were piting. I had discord muted at that point so couldn't tell you what I was doing.

Last edited:
Look above your post at the Screenshots. You sadly became the victim of Omar lagging and his car driving straight through the track into your side :(

I'm starting from this message to apologise for the incident. My connection dropped for the millionth time and this one with a very bad and unwanted outcome.
Very upset also because we were having lots of fun in the back with @t6mek @Alfred Wayne @garyb 76 and @Lok Man Ho plus I was trying to gain some places, something which I've been able to do up to that moment.
I then rejoined but all the concentration was gone, and I simply raced for the love of it, driving quite badly in some occasions and trying not to get into anyone's way.

Congrats to the podium finishers, and thanks Han for the usually well organised race and for the additional effort of managing the (hopefully temporary) situation of having to deal with all the registrations etc.

As for me, I will now try to investigate about the reason of these random but very often disconnections. My hardware is top-notch (or at least that's what I like to think), all Fritz devices, Wi-Fi 5 or 6 modem and mesh repeaters, I also replaced the modem/router for a new one when all this mess started. I will now try using powerline adapters to have some sort of "hardwired" connection (even though I understand it's not hardwired at all, at least not as if it was a full ethernet connection) to see if I can get more stability. Should this test fail as well, I think that I should blame my provider and my (quite s**tty, I know unfortunately) ISP hardware connection.
Waiting for the FTTH to arrive in this wasteland :cry:

I'm starting from this message to apologise for the incident. My connection dropped for the millionth time and this one with a very bad and unwanted outcome.
Very upset also because we were having lots of fun in the back with @t6mek @Alfred Wayne @garyb 76 and @Lok Man Ho plus I was trying to gain some places, something which I've been able to do up to that moment.
I then rejoined but all the concentration was gone, and I simply raced for the love of it, driving quite badly in some occasions and trying not to get into anyone's way.

Congrats to the podium finishers, and thanks Han for the usually well organised race and for the additional effort of managing the (hopefully temporary) situation of having to deal with all the registrations etc.

As for me, I will now try to investigate about the reason of these random but very often disconnections. My hardware is top-notch (or at least that's what I like to think), all Fritz devices, Wi-Fi 5 or 6 modem and mesh repeaters, I also replaced the modem/router for a new one when all this mess started. I will now try using powerline adapters to have some sort of "hardwired" connection (even though I understand it's not hardwired at all, at least not as if it was a full ethernet connection) to see if I can get more stability. Should this test fail as well, I think that I should blame my provider and my (quite s**tty, I know unfortunately) ISP hardware connection.
Hey, someone has to be the Grosjean/Magnussen in the pack right? :D

Worth checking that some background processing isn't kicking off: i.e virus scan, disk defrag (not so common with SSDs) cloud back up, etc

My C; drive is mirrored on OneDrive, so if AC starts writing files to disk then OneDrive will start backing it up mid game. Could just tip a slow internet over the edge. If you do have this situation then you can manually pause backup while in game.

Worth checking that some background processing isn't kicking off: i.e virus scan, disk defrag (not so common with SSDs) cloud back up, etc

My C; drive is mirrored on OneDrive, so if AC starts writing files to disk then OneDrive will start backing it up mid game. Could just tip a slow internet over the edge. If you do have this situation then you can manually pause backup while in game.
Thanks for the suggestion Colin, will check this among all the other things :thumbsup:

To all the chaps who are using VR, please help me with this problem I've had yesterday evening: I had one of the tyres not reaching the desired pressure, then I tried raising the initial value of 1 step, but no matter what I did, I couldn't reach with the mouse the position I wanted, kind of if there was a "cage" around a certain area of the screen. All of the other areas didn't give any problem, but the rear right + pressure button was unreachable. Should I be able to replicate it I will record a video..

To all the chaps who are using VR, please help me with this problem I've had yesterday evening: I had one of the tyres not reaching the desired pressure, then I tried raising the initial value of 1 step, but no matter what I did, I couldn't reach with the mouse the position I wanted, kind of if there was a "cage" around a certain area of the screen. All of the other areas didn't give any problem, but the rear right + pressure button was unreachable. Should I be able to replicate it I will record a video..
Not sure if I understand the problem right but could it be that the resolution of the normal monitor is to low or to high? The mouse „field“ is limited to the visible field of the mirrored monitor.
Also if the picture on the desktop is not full screen you could have such issues because the mouse „movement field“ is larger than the assetto corsa window and therefor it can leave the focus and you kind of loose the mouse somewhere on rest of the desktop.

Regarding the connection issues: if it is network/internet related you would see high and/or unregular ping values. I would check that first to be sure. If ping and bandwidth are okay during a race I would next have a look at the cpu load during race. For VR I recommend the FpsVR overlay (steam app) which also creates a log/graph for the average and peak values.
And of course if your fritzbox acts as firewall that could also produce such symptoms which are hard to find just with ping/bandwidth tests.

Last edited:
A Steam setting allows you to display ping in a corner of the AC screen during gameplay. The number goes red if it gets too high. It would be interesting to note that number if you have any further issues.

Yeah the steam thing should be the fps..
But AC shows the ping in the top right corner in green or red!

So you're both right but the ping setting isn't a steam setting. Iirc you can find it in CM. I'll have a look tomorrow if no one else posts it :)
Yes, I got confused with the steam setting - it's for fps.

I think the ping is automatically displayed in the corner when in online mode - or am I mistaken? I couldn't find a way of controlling it in CM but I seem to remember switching it on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back