AC Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Zandvoort (2020), Wed 28th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You can also right click on yourself (in a voice chat, or the right hand side bar in a channel) and click "edit server profile" (you'll be directly taken to the "server profiles" edit page with that specific server selected.
I haven't tinkered about much with the Discord settings (cos I despise Discord :)) but I have two notions in my head that may combine to derail this, though I hope they don't:
Firstly, I reckon Discord only allows a per-server name change rather than what I'll call a per-channel (e.g. separate discussion "strands" or voice channels within the RD server - can't recall what word Discord uses for them).
Secondly, the RD Discord bot goes around and looks for accounts which are associated with RD forum accounts (i.e. here on the website), and when it finds them it syncs up the Discord name to match the forum username. (And when it finds Premium accounts, it grants them the ability to join the voice channels.)
So, the bot might change the names back to what they were, but I don't know for sure if it'll happen (or how quickly) so we can cross our fingers :)

edit: typofix

Last edited:
Guys,

It's the last day of this year about which I have mixed feelings:unsure:. I became a grandfather to a beautiful little girl as a fantastic highlight:). It was also a great year for my events for RaceDepartment. The Wednesday community is getting better and better, resulting in more close fights and therefore more fun. And the community is also growing, resulting in even more battles:thumbsup:. It has been a privilege to host these events for such a positive group of sim racers and I will be happy to continue to do so in 2023.

But there is also a dark side to this year:(. The war in Ukraine is terrible in all aspects of humanity. Of course, we all experience the negative effects, especially in a financial context, but that is nothing compared to what the Ukrainian people are victims of.

It seems that the war is entering a kind of stalemate, resembling the horrors of World War I with trench warfare but on top of that direct terrorist actions with cruise missiles and suicide drones against the civilian population. I would like the free world to do everything it can to shorten this war to avoid as many casualties as possible. I would like the Western countries to supply the Ukrainian army with weapons so that they can prevail as soon as possible. Not only for Ukraine, but also for the Russian non-elite citizens who die en masse when mobilized.

I cannot send Leopard and Abrams tanks or F15/F16 fighter jets to Ukraine, but I can donate a small amount to the aid organizations for Ukraine.

A few weeks ago many of you volunteered to buy @Fat-Alfie a cup of coffee or two for his awesome tracks. That was amazing! Some of you also wanted to donate to me for organizing these events, which is really nice. I really appreciated this gesture, but I've asked them to make a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine instead.

I am not asking you to do the same, but if you would like to thank me for the past year in more than nice words, a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine would be very much appreciated.

I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2023

Han

Congrats "Grandad":thumbsup:..Health and Happiness to all your family..:inlove:..Been that kind of year for me also,made worse that i was to leave Sim Racing.....But as fortune would have it,that is not the case any more...Phew..Wont bore you with the details,but seems like your stuck with me again.:p..Have a great new year guys, Stay Safe...See you all on track..
You were in my very first RD race, Allan! 2017, Rookie Event Abarth 500 at Zandvoort with Bram himself hosting it.
Glad that you didn't leave us. Great to still see you on my real-time :)

wss2.png

:'D

Slightly off topic but if you're in the UK and have Sky then this has just been released...

Has some great old F1 car and track footage and is an interesting insight into Jackie Stewart.

Guys,

It's the last day of this year about which I have mixed feelings:unsure:. I became a grandfather to a beautiful little girl as a fantastic highlight:). It was also a great year for my events for RaceDepartment. The Wednesday community is getting better and better, resulting in more close fights and therefore more fun. And the community is also growing, resulting in even more battles:thumbsup:. It has been a privilege to host these events for such a positive group of sim racers and I will be happy to continue to do so in 2023.

But there is also a dark side to this year:(. The war in Ukraine is terrible in all aspects of humanity. Of course, we all experience the negative effects, especially in a financial context, but that is nothing compared to what the Ukrainian people are victims of.

It seems that the war is entering a kind of stalemate, resembling the horrors of World War I with trench warfare but on top of that direct terrorist actions with cruise missiles and suicide drones against the civilian population. I would like the free world to do everything it can to shorten this war to avoid as many casualties as possible. I would like the Western countries to supply the Ukrainian army with weapons so that they can prevail as soon as possible. Not only for Ukraine, but also for the Russian non-elite citizens who die en masse when mobilized.

I cannot send Leopard and Abrams tanks or F15/F16 fighter jets to Ukraine, but I can donate a small amount to the aid organizations for Ukraine.

A few weeks ago many of you volunteered to buy @Fat-Alfie a cup of coffee or two for his awesome tracks. That was amazing! Some of you also wanted to donate to me for organizing these events, which is really nice. I really appreciated this gesture, but I've asked them to make a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine instead.

I am not asking you to do the same, but if you would like to thank me for the past year in more than nice words, a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine would be very much appreciated.

I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2023

Han
Congratulations opa!!!

It raises me a question.... if you become a father you will loose 0,3 secs a lap. But a grandad???

Have a good and healthy year everybody!

Happy new year to everyone in this fantastic group. Not only it helped me to become a "less worse" driver, but also gave that sense of community which is not easy to find in everyday life. Regardless of the topic, being it technical, simracing or life related, you are sure to find someone who's willing to help, give his educated opinion, or simply have a constructive discussion.

Now on to the office/game room makeover, see you on track soon!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%