AC Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Zandvoort (2020), Wed 28th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi, can I please have a password for the practice server with Abarth.
First go, so I will try it out by practicing first.
Hi Speednut

You're very welcome!
But please enter your real name in your RDaccount/accountdetails in the field Real Name. It's for internal use only so we know who you are.

Don't hesitate to join this event with the Mazda. It's very suited for newcomers.
Let me know if you are going to and I will send you a PM with important information.

Hi Speednut

You're very welcome!
But please enter your real name in your RDaccount/accountdetails in the field Real Name. It's for internal use only so we know who you are.

Don't hesitate to join this event with the Mazda. It's very suited for newcomers.
Let me know if you are going to and I will send you a PM with important information.
Real name added thankyou

I'd like to join with the MX-5 if there still are spots left! @HF2000 did the password change? Yesterday evening I tried to connect to the practice server but got an error of wrong password..

I'd like to join with the MX-5 if there still are spots left! @HF2000 did the password change? Yesterday evening I tried to connect to the practice server but got an error of wrong password..

Oh and guys stay clear this evening :D
While we already raced here, this will be my first online VR race, and I've also installed a brake mod just before practicing half an hour yesterday, so I won't drive very well for the first part of the race..

On the other hand, I must say that I preferred the other "non F1" track. This asphalt is very dark and it's also hard to set any reference for braking.

Last edited:
Oh and guys stay clear this evening :D
While we already raced here, this will be my first online VR race, and I've also installed a brake mod just before practicing half an hour yesterday, so I won't drive very well for the first part of the race..

On the other hand, I must say that I preferred the other "non F1" track. This asphalt is very dark and it's also hard to set any reference for
What does this ‘brake mod’ do?

What does this ‘brake mod’ do?

Oh well, it's simply aimed at giving you a better feeling on the brake pedal. I have a T-LCM from Thrustmaster which, while being a nice and relatively cheap load cell pedal set, has a very long brake throw and has a linear resistance. No matter how you change the spring combination, it will never give you the same (or similar) feeling of a real brake (short dead zone, increasing resistance as you press the pedal). The long throw, in addition, made it very hard to build muscle memory.
I tried various DIY suggestions found on the web, starting from using skateboard bushings, but they were too hard and had practically zero dead zone and almost zero pedal travel, to using rubber spacers that I found on amazon and that had been suggested by Sim Racing Corner's channel here
but also this didn't work out as expected. While having the same shore hardness (or that's what the seller said), they never compressed similarly to what you can see in the video. The situation was even worse than with the skate bushings so I got back to them.

Eventually, I decided to gift me the 3D RAP elastomer mod, which by the effect of the material itself plus the shape, gives a very nice progressive feeling, but half an hour drive is super far from being enough to get used to the different feeling, and this in combination with the VR first makes me a loose cannon :roflmao:

I don't even know if my computer will keep up with the many cars and the online, though I tested it in a non-online race and the performance was good.

EDIT: this is instead what I bought: https://www.3drap.it/product/brake-pedal-mod-thrustmaster-tlcm-pedals/

Last edited:
I don't even know if my computer will keep up with the many cars and the online, though I tested it in a non-online race and the performance was good.
Should be fine, AI cars are heavier on the CPU than multiplayer cars.
For the graphics card it's identical :)
being enough to get used to the different feeling
If you don't change the loadcell setting, you will have sind muscle memory for the pressure :D
And these cars have ABS so what should go wrong!

Last edited:
Blame the Dutch education system for that!
What is Tab in German?
And when I learned Deutsch the Tab only existed as a key on classic typewriters!
Tab is completely fine! It's "in" a tab though and "der" would need to be "dem". "der" in this case would mean "on top of a female tab" :D
It does make sense, but it sounds really funny for a native speaker :p

The "Sehen Sie hier" is in theory correct but you would use it when presenting something in a professional environment like guiding rich people through an art museum haha.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.