AC Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Zandvoort (2020), Wed 28th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes, I got confused with the steam setting - it's for fps.

I think the ping is automatically displayed in the corner when in online mode - or am I mistaken? I couldn't find a way of controlling it in CM but I seem to remember switching it on.

I have a ping normally between 20 and 50 and always green. I had some episodes in which it slowly raise up to values in the hundreds, becoming red and then disconnecting, but yesterday it seemed more of a sudden occurrence.

I think that next time I'll immediately have a look at the router events to see if it had reconnected to the ISP due to line issues.

Yeah when we had out little coming together, your car wasn't doing the usual high ping dance ahead of me :laugh: More was just all of a sudden, I was inside your car? Then I wasn't. Usually with a driver near you and high ping you can get an idea from their lateral movements, didn't have that this time, for what it's worth

Just giving my 2 pence worth here. In VR i see the ping in right hand corner and of course the lower the number the better and certainly two digits only i feel. Most important, as i found out the hard way is....... connection must be hard wired. I had good ping with wifi but it would spike! Usually when i least expect it and then all sort of trouble would happen. I actually use the wiring system in the home to carry my Internet and it works great. Sorry if it has all been said already, still not on all cylinders after Christmas.

As we talked about VR stuff one off-topic question: has anybody ever tried to get discord voice chat overlay (names of people when they are talking) into VR (steam) in AC? Would be nice as driver count is growing :)

I thought that something like this would exist already, I don't know everyone's voice yet, and as you say, we always have someone new to the party! I guess that it's not existing yet as someone who's racing in VR already doesn't know it :(

Good to know. Would be helpful too if everybody used real names in discord.
Yeah I'd like to but sadly it's not possible to use a different username for each discord channel (at least that I know of).
I'm lurking in a few more public channels and have discord "friends" from other games that I don't really know.
If it would be possible, I'd like to use the real name for the RD races in discord!

I believe what you're looking for would be server nicknames. I only know of this because of another sim racing group, but if you go into "edit profile" in the discord app, at the top of the screen you'll seen an option for server profiles, where you can click on a drop down list to find Race department, then change your user name to your real name, only for that channel.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 7.37.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 7.37.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 7.37.19 PM.png

You can also right click on yourself (in a voice chat, or the right hand side bar in a channel) and click "edit server profile" (you'll be directly taken to the "server profiles" edit page with that specific server selected.

Last edited:
I believe what you're looking for would be server nicknames. I only know of this because of another sim racing group, but if you go into "edit profile" in the discord app, at the top of the screen you'll seen an option for server profiles, where you can click on a drop down list to find Race department, then change your user name to your real name, only for that channel.

View attachment 627100View attachment 627101View attachment 627102

You can also right click on yourself (in a voice chat, or the right hand side bar in a channel) and click "edit server profile" (you'll be directly taken to the "server profiles" edit page with that specific server selected.
Awesome mate! Thanks for the guide :D
Feels quite cool to ask in a thread without googling first and receiving a guide before the next morning :roflmao:

View attachment 627100View attachment 627101View attachment 627102

✅ thanks, done that! Even bought myself a proper gaming headset. No cables between the pedals anymore, or forgetting wired headset and amateur mic when rushing to the bathroom between quali and race :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back