AC Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Zandvoort (2020), Wed 28th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That's the one I have, very happy with it. I use the longer yellow elastomer with the black spring. Tried different combinations and this one gave me the most "natural" braking feeling. ✨

I'm trying the red one, but I have too few driving hours (not even one, in fact) to judge whether it's ok or if I'd like something a little bit different

PS I was discussing few days ago with a colleague if "too few" is correct or not, can anyone tell me?

Last edited:
I hope you don't so i won't come last haha
I think I actually managed to come last after all? :laugh: Shame I didn't see that humongous crash, and shame that I managed to hit the same wall twice, like a complete noob that I am. Thank you all for an amazing race, fantastic end to this year, which has been a breakthrough for me in simracing! I hope that by this time next year I'll be crashing a little bit less, although still on my own.
P.S. it's incredible, that even at the back guys are fast and crazy consistent

Thanks for another great race, guys.

My early spin coming out of the banked left hander, frustrating error, put me last and battling Han.

I couldn't get into a rhythm to get past so pitted as soon as possible and got my head down.

Eventually ended 11th after getting close to the p8 battle near the end.

Special mention to the new guys tonight and also the overall pace, makes for good fair racing.

Thanks Han for organising all year, it's really appreciated by everyone. Roll on 2023.

That was fun, thanks! Saw many cars around me this time, that was a first :cool:

Managed to quali 4th, something I was kinda surprised about. I would’ve been happy with just one 55’er, but managed to do a lot of ‘em during practice and some in quali, good enough for p4. But to see Allan and Thomas do 54’s, wow! I’ll study those replays!

Had a hell of a job keeping Andre out of my car the first lap, I knew it wasn’t going to last, but only being eaten by him after my first mistake of Hans Ernst-corner, made me proud. Tomasz caught me there as wel, nice one!

Hank ‘Nordschleife’ Belane caught me inTarzan and was nice to follow him for a while.

And so, on. Had some headlights of Collin in my mirrors, Ernie said hello, I politely made way by sniffing myself some gravel in Tarzan-corner, summink I later on repeated for Douglas. Johannes came by, Raul saw my pirouette in Scheivlak, that was a pitty, for I just seemed to get some sort of rhythm and I made my Jim happy! Tried to keep up with Robert, didn't work :cool:

Last few laps played a bit with Lokman ahead of me and Tomasz in my mirrors, which was fun!

Again, learned a lot. Still made too many mistakes, but... had some cars around me, so could feel some racing now.

Thanks guys for giving noobs a chance and I hope I didn't kill anybody, me thinks not.

Congrats to the podiums, aliens!

Granddaddy Han! Thanks!

Have a good new year everybody!

Xx Bouke

(note to self: make less mistakes)

Last edited:
Oh guys, that was awesome racing tonight!

Skipped the fun race and did some practise instead which worked out quite good for me :) Started 9th and finished 7th after a great but demanding race. Had a really nice battle over a lot of laps with Simon @stribbeck, thanks for that mate! Thats excatly why we do Sim Racing! :)

Unfortunatelly we touched at Hugenholtzbocht in lap three, saw on the replay it was you. Did not recognize that you were so close on the right while I tried to re-attack Fulvio who had just overtaken me and slided to the left. Sorry for that, but it think that counts as racing incident, otherwise I would have waited for you. We did not loose much time but I lost three positions to Allan, Reefabus and Ernie and you even two more unfortunatelly. Actually I did not recognize that it was Fulvio in front, otherwise I would have just let him go of course. @eN1xes saw your lap times in the end, thats just awesome! Congrats! :)

Also had a great few corners with Andre in the back / next by / in front of me :) Great racing Fellow!

That crash in lap 4 or 5 was bad luck for Reefabus as Omars car appeared out of nowhere and T-boned him in Arie Luyendijk bocht. That was a massive crash man, saw it in the mirror.

Last but not least, congrats again to the podium, thanks Han @HF2000 for organizing this great event. Wish you all the best for the next year guys! See you back on track as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_zandvoort_f1_28-12-122-23-3-24.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_zandvoort_f1_28-12-122-23-3-38.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_zandvoort_f1_28-12-122-23-6-18.jpg

The Abarth gods were very kind to me, but put me back in my place by putting Hanks bleeding Abarth in front of me for virtually the whole race..
The Abarth God in the sky got me majestically through all the accidents, of which there was many for the first laps.
I had many battles before I got to the Arse of the Abarth, so thank you for some great racing guys, very fair and always pleasingly difficult.
The podiums were so quick and obviously deserved their podiums, as I came across two of them, I certainly saw first hand their rapid pace.

55FB1189-A7F4-412D-A67E-114CF67690B2.jpeg

oh **** @Boukâh just saw in the replay I hit you in lap 9, didn't remember that crash :confused: :thumbsdown: sorry, that was my fault, I was a lot faster at corner entry but you were clearly in front at the apex. We both lost one position to simon, but I should have given my position back to you. sorry :(
No problem man, racing things... nice simultaneous pirouette :) I was still rethinking the pit entry thing you had with Collin, just before that :p

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea