2019 Formula One German Grand Prix

Verstappen was lucky today... again
I watched Spa 24h this weekend. One very nice thing I heard from commentators was about "luck". They said there is no such thing as lucky-unlucky, all out of track excursions, crashes and part failures are mistakes. One thing I agree 100% with.
Anyway, looks like today's F1 race was very similar to endurance race and most importantly it was really RACE (so I'll probably have to watch it in replay). And it can be said "winner is the one who makes least mistakes", which is also the quality for any driver that makes it, as today was Verstappen. ;)

After recovering from Spa 24 hrs, i watched the F1 race replay. Hands down Red bull are the strategy masters. Not sure what happened to Ferrari but they made the right calls today which was a huge surprise! As for Benz, sadly the celebration of 125 years of motorsport was a nightmare. Nice that Kubica scored 1 point! :p
Hockenheim 2019 is already a classic just like Canada GP (2013?) when JB snatched a unforgettable win.

After recovering from Spa 24 hrs, i watched the F1 race replay. Hands down Red bull are the strategy masters. Not sure what happened to Ferrari but they made the right calls today which was a huge surprise! As for Benz, sadly the celebration of 125 years of motorsport was a nightmare. Nice that Kubica scored 1 point! :p
Hockenheim 2019 is already a classic just like Canada GP (2013?) when JB snatched a unforgettable win.
It wasn't Ferrari making the calls... Seb was.
They were being hesitant most of the time and he was just telling them to do what he told them.

Also, Canada 2011 was the year.

This race was one of the most entertaining i've EVER seen,
and i'm watching F1 since 1995.

I've been watching since 1978 and that's one of the best I've ever seen. It was nice to turn off the TV after the race was over with a wide grin on my face, instead of thinking "yet another Mercedes 1-2".

Of course, this kind of show can't be repeated every week, but once in a while, it's nice to have a crazy race like that.

It was entertaining, but I do wish they'd dump DRS, it takes away any chance of the lesser teams getting near the podium. I've seen a Ferrari breeze past a Mclaren without a fight far too often this season.

I still don't understand what was the actual problem there... Except of course giving penalty after the race for something that happened at the start :O_o: Ah, were they so busy that they didn't have time to do it during the race. :rolleyes:
The problem was that the full data of it was only visible in post-race scrutineering. it was about some elements of ECU or clutch were tuned to act like TC when you playing with the clutch to start, something like a double-clutch start (now is forbidden, you can have double-clutch paddle but you can't use it for start) that you can somehow eliminate wheelspin and get better traction as a result of it . the offense is more meaningful when you see it's raining (super low grip and wheel spin is inevitable) and also both cars started the race with this method and they could not say it was the result of playing with the clutch in a weird magical way by kimi or gio :D this anomaly was in the two cars so it can be seen as the team have equipped the two cars with this tuning method to have an advantage in wet(they have never started any race like this, only in this wet race). it was not about how driver applicate their clutch, it was about how their input worked on ECU (as the ECU is spec they have altered the way clutch input works) so it was not a driving offense to investigate during the race and it needed post-race investigation, like Haas at monza 2018?
it's the result of combining 2 or 3 line in regulations, not having that act like TC, not tuning the clutch to effect wheelspin or notified the driver about wheelspin.
i hope Vasseur is right and they have data to prove it wrong as it was a great race for the team.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Forum trophies