2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

• The large tree limb in the middle of the road.
  • Seeing the debris that Bottas ran over, live, and thinking "Wow that's going to be a problem for someone."
  • That stupid recovery vehicle they used for Grosjean? Didn't the FIA learn their lesson on that one with Bianci? Sure, the cars were under SC, but a 60kph hit under the rear of that vehicle could end up the same way. Even Hamilton radioed something about that.
This is not a suitable F1 track.

It is impossible to keep it clear from blown-on debris given the combination of city circuit and wind.

There is no way to have cranes behind barrier to recover vehicles. A tow truck should not be required.

Marshalls who want to clear debris under safety car conditions are hampered by the fences, hampered so much that they couldn't get the branch off, and couldn't collect the piece that took out THE RACE LEADER. That's just not acceptable. That track stinks.

To all Max haters on this forum: Ricciardo in TV interview: I started my attack on Max tolate, and could'nt get past him in that corner. Seeing the voting above for me its clear, its all Max to blame! Most here agree with that old mental Lauda. What a joke this forum is!:laugh::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::laugh::cautious::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hated that vehicle, it clearly had a subtle political statement on it ...
"Allah Korusun" means "May God protect" in Turkish. Nothing political. Just a common "trucker slogan" in both Turkey and Azerbaijan. :thumbsup:

On the incident, I just wish Red Bull's policy on team orders won't change. Their fighting proved a fantastic spectacle whole race. That was perfect until that unlucky incident in which neither side has the fault %100.

Last edited:
To all Max haters on this forum: Ricciardo in TV interview: I started my attack on Max tolate, and could'nt get past him in that corner. Seeing the voting above for me its clear, its all Max to blame! Most here agree with that old mental Lauda. What a joke this forum is!:laugh::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::laugh::cautious::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wish there was a pathetic rating emoji...
You remind me of this guy

I think yes Max was taking a much to aggressive approach in general, and I was just waiting for a crash between them two. But the incident itself I don't think was max's fault completely. I do think he moved a little bit under braking but ricciardo looked to me like he was faking right and then moved left regardless of how max responded. So for sure both drivers were responsible.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-discussed-clash-ricciardo-verstappen-1032120/

After reading it all, one can not to ask himself...
why the hell they didn't then tell Max "let him pass, he's faster than you!" !?! :alien:
They only got themselves to blame.

Easier said than done! Both of these guys are feisty competitors - asking either one to pull aside would very likely result in blunt disobedience. Once that cat's out of the bag, good luck getting him stuffed back in without some damage to your face and arms! :confused:

Hamilton hits Max's rear tire, Ric hits Max's gearbox, and the front driver is the bad Guy.
I'am happy that on the public roads it is different! Stupid forum discussion, again and again, bla bla bla.:poop:
He will never be World Champion if he keep racing like this. His biggest problem at the moment is people like you, blind fans with soccer supporter mentality that justify every sort of pathetic behaviour. He will never learn because nobody in his country have some balls to tell him what he needs to hear. I just hope you don't drive like Max here at Race Department because if you do I guess you'll be banned from online races very soon.

I’m surprised how many people post on here without any understanding of racing rules and simply quote road rules. This is a sim racing site, I would have expected people to know better, are you guys just trying to get your post count up by posting random stuff?

If you hit someone on the road from behind it’s ALWAYS your fault, you should have kept better distance, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO RACING.
In motorsport if the driver in front brakes unexpectedly early like 50 metres earlier then normal for a corner and someone hits him from behind it’s the fault of the driver in front who brakes earlier, not the guy behind who hit him.

In the Max and Dan incident max made 2 clear defensive moves, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED THIS BY THE RULES. Dan had every right (by the rules) to fake right and go left up the inside, he did this as Max kept covering the inside the last few attempts. The rule for only one defensive move exists to avoid this exact crash from happening.

Isnt it by law that if you have an accident the person from behind is at blame if you get involved in a rear end impact, I am unsure if that rule applies to Formula 1 or not?
No it doesn't.

It's all been said in this forum. The rules have been aired and show that Max was in breach of those rules.
Yes Ricciardo was attacking, that is his job. He had to push hard to re-overtake a driver who he had already battled past but then lost his position because the time it took for his tyres to switch on reversed the usual advantage of pitting first.
Max moved twice, he bought RICs fakie to the right and needed to stick with that decision. To move left immediately invited the collision ( ergo the prime cause).
Ricciardos moves work well on drivers who exhibit good judement. His cv is full of them (Vettel as team mates at Monza, Bottas at China). When a driver has no respect for his team or team mate and his decisions are clouded by personal ambition might not work.
Max is now desperate to show he is better then RIC. He trails in the points, he wasn't faster on track.
To achieve that he risked one 20th of the teams annual budget (approx €50m) and lost. The team left with nothing.
If he was racing another team his move was wrong. Doing it against the same team mate that he took out in Hungary was wrong my a significant multiple.
His backers are sounding more shrill and defiant but Redbull arent that dumb. He Isn't Vettel and RIC isnt Webber.
He needs to sort out his act fast.

Last edited:
On the incident, I just wish Red Bull's policy on team orders won't change. Their fighting proved a fantastic spectacle whole race. That was perfect until that unlucky incident in which neither side has the fault %100.
It was just a matter of time for an incident like that to happen, and big part of responsibility is to Red Bull management that didn't give orders. Consider that after overtaking Verstappen Ricciardo could overtake also Hamilton that was struggling after pit to heat his yellow tyres. Both Red Bull were just behind him then they lost a lot of time with their internal fights, throwing away a good placement or even a podium, if not a victory.
Eventually they provided a big show, causing a safety car that changed the race, but for them it's not worth the points lost and to make a fool of themselves.

"Allah Korusun" means "May God protect" in Turkish. Nothing political. Just a common "trucker slogan" in both Turkey and Azerbaijan. :thumbsup:

I laughed so hard when Grosjean got picked up by Allah :roflmao:
The comedy would not end in that race.

He will never be World Champion if he keep racing like this. His biggest problem at the moment is people like you, blind fans with soccer supporter mentality that justify every sort of pathetic behaviour. He will never learn because nobody in his country have some balls to tell him what he needs to hear. I just hope you don't drive like Max here at Race Department because if you do I guess you'll be banned from online races very soon.
That's the problem in this forum, you simracer think you are a racing driver, and know all about racing rules!

But the rules are written quite clearly for everyone to read, so yes, people on this forum do know all about racing rules - they don't need to be racing drivers to read :O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.