2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

• Deleted member 113561

If Lewis Hamilton can say "God bless you" every time he wins a race (and he can), the truckers can put similar wordings on their trucks, surely?
Its about the flags and someone mentioned its written in Turkish ...
Hence also the subtle - I doubt its a coincidence exactly this truck was used, normally at such big events nothing is left to chance ...

But this thread is not about politics so we should avoid that topic ...

Its about the flags and someone mentioned its written in Turkish ...
Hence also the subtle - I doubt its a coincidence exactly this truck was used, normally at such big events nothing is left to chance ...

But this thread is not about politics so we should avoid that topic ...

I agree we shouldnt bring Politics into this, that is when things WILL get messy and this topic could be locked for it

What's not to like? Safety car jumbling the field, another good day of hard work from Crashtappen, Grosjean somehow managing to top even that level of ridiculousness, overaggressive and unsuccessful attempt from Vettel to retake the lead, a Sauber in the points and Bottas losing the win to some random debris about two laps from the finish.

I don't even know why there is so much animosity in this discussion. This race was very, very entertaining. If it wasn't for all the controversy, you would all be whining about a boring race instead :p

I had just finished working on my car in the garage on Sunday, grabbed a beer, plopped myself on the couch and had a great time and a few laughs. Fantastic race! To me that's what F1 is about!

Edit: Baku is slowly becoming my favorite F1 track. The long straight and slow sections are a real challenge for the aero engineers. Not much runoff, mistakes do cost and side winds make the races unpredictable. The skill ceiling for drivers is high on this track.

Last edited:
So an other opinion then yours, leave. That says enough about the level!!:laugh:
1. I didn't express my opinion about the race, so what are you talking about?

2. You are the one who's complaining about this forum, so feel free to leave.

3. If you are of such a high level, then what are you doing here?

Regardless of who is at fault for this one, there is a general pattern emerging here, a pattern of Verstappen being involved in incidents far, far too often and whoever's 'side' you pick that is impossible to ignore.

My opinion on this one is that Verstappen has 'double moved' in the braking zone and that this is the biggest contributing factor to the crash. Add this to the fact the ricciardo has gone in very committed on the inside line with a lot of overspeed caused by DRS on a huge long straight and you have the main ingredients for the incident. This is not the first time that Verstappen has weaved around in a braking zone and it was only a matter of time before something like this was gonna happen - he only has himself to blame in that regard.

Finally, a word on red bull management here. Everybody watching could see what was going to happen yet they continued to let them fight over the same bit of tarmac. Why not alter one of the strategies at an earlier point of the race? Why take the risk when you know that you have two of the hungriest and most combative drivers on the grid? They can't let them race for so long at such close quarters and then complain when they come together like they eventually did (I'm glad they did let them race from a spectator point of view , obviously. I'm just saying I don't get it from a team management perspective).

I think Max is enormously talented, but he needs to know when to say 'when'.
I was one of the folks cautiously looking at his entry to an F1 race seat...given that he had never driven anything as powerful prior.
I actually thought he should have been given a testing role prior to promotion to a race seat, if for no other reason to develop and adapt to running with other cars around.
Happily, he proved me wrong on that one and came out-of-the-box ahead of the curve.
That said; Max needs to settle down and concentrate on developing his race craft.
I understand he is young and possibly under tremendous pressure to accel...(whether that be external pressure or self induced)
He feels a need to race the likes of the bigger established players to show he belongs but it's causing him to make dangerous mistakes.
There is defending....and there is "defending'.
When you put your teammate in a position of having to 'cut-back' and touch wheels in an attempt not to hit a wall (as in one of the earlier attempts) that's going way too far
You cannot do that week in and week out, then walk into the garage and apologize.
At some point that will not go over well and will introduce acrimony in a team.
Maybe it's time for Horner to sit him down outside of the two parked car and identify them as both belonging to the same team.

I think the Danny Max crash was 50/50. Max did move a little bit but not enough to break the rules IMO. The thing is both those drivers knew what was going to happen. They both set themselves up in a situation where 2 into 1 doesn't go. They both knew the other wasn't going to give up the place, it was a crash born out of stubbornness by both drivers.. It would be best if no sanctions happen because in the end it's the team that will end up paying for that mistake and they've paid enough already.

While I applaud Red Bull for not having team orders this is a situation where if they could have convinced Max to let Danny past they probably would have not only finished the race but could have gained extra positions by having Danny get into the mix with drivers ahead.

Strange that the opinions are much different on this site: F1 forum.
Overhere The focus is only on Max, see the voting above. I ashume overhere they don't like WTCR! That's what racing is about, not very boring DRS Overtaking! That's my opinion, I know I am RIGHT! Come on MAX do your thing.:ninja::ninja:

Strange that the opinions are much different on this site: F1 forum.
Overhere The focus is only on Max, see the voting above. I ashume overhere they don't like WTCR! That's what racing is about, not very boring DRS Overtaking! That's my opinion, I know I am RIGHT! Come on MAX do your thing.:ninja::ninja:
You embarrass every Dutch F1 Fan....
It's ridicolous how you try to defend Max every time he does something stupid.
He changed the outcome of the race and the WDC standings AGAIN and he'll do it AGAIN and AGAIN.
If he continues like that, his career will end like Daniil's...

I’m also noticing some confusion about two seperate moves. The first is moving in the braking zone, Max did not break this rule, all is fine there. The second rule is one defensive move only, this is the one Max broke. It doesn’t matter if he “moved only a little bit”

You embarrass every Dutch F1 Fan....
It's ridicolous how you try to defend Max every time he does something stupid.
He changed the outcome of the race and the WDC standings AGAIN and he'll do it AGAIN and AGAIN.
If he continues like that, his career will end like Daniil's...
So you like a discussion as long you are right? Only state Max his mistakes, not his great moves, that's not a discussion, but only be negative about this young talent! Who will never end like some Russian driver.

So you like a discussion as long you are right? Only state Max his mistakes, not his great moves, that's not a discussion, but only be negative about this young talent! Who will never end like some Russian driver.

Do you think he will beat Hulkenberg in the championship if he continues to drive like that? Honest question. We're all saying he's very fast, but it's utterly wasted talent right now because of his troublesome mentality.

Do you think he will beat Hulkenberg in the championship if he continues to drive like that? Honest question. We're all saying he's very fast, but it's utterly wasted talent right now because of his troublesome mentality.
In the way you see things, NO. But I see things different, you know now. The rbr collision is for me 50/50, and not 100% Max. The same in previus race Ham/Max, flat rear tire, also 50/50, race collision. All is overdone to one. That's why I'am defensive.

In the way you see things, NO. But I see things different, you know now. The rbr collision is for me 50/50, and not 100% Max. The same in previus race Ham/Max, flat rear tire, also 50/50, race collision. All is overdone to one. That's why I'am defensive.
And who was responsible last race? 50/50 Seb/max? You're a yoke. A yoke.
Daniil had great moments as well. I'm not denying Max is not fast, I'm just saying that some crash kid from Venezuela also was very talented and had his moments.

Please judge without any prejudice because you're dutch (happy for WC Russia 2018?):roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back