2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

VRTSmith

Vermin Racing Team
Baku F1 GP.jpg

Baku has always been a random event. It's thrown drivers onto the podium that we thought we'd never see there. With lap times getting faster there is always an increased risk of crashing (especially through castle.)

What will happen this year? In theory, it could be anyone's race!

So, who do you think will step onto that podium this Sunday?

Half the time there's been someone on the podium from outside the Top 10 on the grid. So, let's go with a normal favorite to win - Kimi. As for the rest of the positions, let's just throw this one to the wind, and choose Hulkenburg and Ricciardo. (Hulk needs to get his first podium somewhere, right?)

I dunno. Like you said, Baku is crazy. And it will be a lot cooler this year than last, so the cars will behave a lot differently

After watching Verstappen break his car in P1 (or was it P2?) and have Bottas, Ricciardo and Perez at the top of the list I'm stuffed if I know.

Once again, ESPN screws US viewers. I sat down to watch the recording of the only practice session they bother to televise (FP3) that was supposed to be on ESPN2, and I get some bullcrap "SportsCenter Feature" story instead of the practice. Not even a mention of the content they are supposed to be showing in the ticker at the bottom. Why did they sign a contract with this pathetic, incompetent channel?

“And it’s Raikkonen fastest in sector 1 and 2......”
Ferrari HQ:
**** guys Raikkonen might actually get pole over Vettel, everyone knows we favour Vettel already anyway.
‘No worries just activate autospin mode before sector 3 again’
Jokes aside, AGHH! can’t belive Raikkonen again in sector 3 ( and with his weird predicament of having no super-soft tired left he has no hope for the race

View attachment 248716
Baku has always been a random event. It's thrown drivers onto the podium that we thought we'd never see there. With lap times getting faster there is always an increased risk of crashing (especially through castle.)

What will happen this year? In theory, it could be anyone's race!

So, who do you think will step onto that podium this Sunday?

vettel wins

Roller coaster sessions :confused:
Can’t believe kimi blew it in the last corner...would have been a pole i’d guess.
Still with the crazy winds expected tomorrow and probably some safety cars, let’s see who will snatch the win on Sunday.

(...moving the race from june was a good call)

Last edited:
Once again, ESPN screws US viewers. I sat down to watch the recording of the only practice session they bother to televise (FP3) that was supposed to be on ESPN2, and I get some bullcrap "SportsCenter Feature" story instead of the practice. Not even a mention of the content they are supposed to be showing in the ticker at the bottom. Why did they sign a contract with this pathetic, incompetent channel?

The more important question is: How did that incompetent channel even manage to get a contract signed in the first place?

2017 Q times :
screen343.jpg
2018 Q times :
screen344.jpg
this time baku weather is coool ! and it's only merc who lost too much time!

also the pole would be for kimi but he had a mistake... he was one of the last driver on track ,two purple sectors and he made a mistake at the start of 3rd sector
screen352.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Leclerc already 1.5 sec faster than Ericsson ...

The first race coverage sucked, but since that it's been great - commercial free for qualifying and races, and sends to be the raw Sky broadcast.

I have DirecTV, so maybe your provider is to blame for poor channel guide / they do get some sway over broadcast for channels that have dual programming lineups (think college football season and ESPN2 having different games in different regions - but reality is that happens with other programming too).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back