2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Wido Rossen

:woot:Hamilton world champion:woot:

Great race with a surprising finish.
My gues is that Glock spun on his dry tires and could continue and thats why he lost so many time.
And it started to rain very heavely in that last lap.

I`m no fan of Massa , but he showed a mature reaction.

• Chris Noble

God dam it! Why do they have to make it so difficult! So pleased he managed it.

About Glock, look at the end of Spa and thats your answer, load of rubbish what others are saying. Also it was raining a ton more on the last lap and from what Martin Whitmarsh said glock was slow over the whole lap not that one corner.

No Hamilton definately deversed it and would have been clear if not for some silly penalities (Spa: Kimi/Lewis, Hungry: Massa/Bordais).

Well done to him and finally a british number one world champion since 1996!!. :bananamario::woot:

• Lee Williamson

[media]http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif[/media]

Cheered me up a bit :)

Yeah that got me laughing too!
All in all a great end to the season. And very nice to see reactions of massa and hamilton after - made it a very good end to the season all round.

Still a little confused how Glock went backwards so quickly, but without seeing any of the footage of his lap and how bad the rain is it's hard to tell.

Edit: Ahh James, your screeny does clear it up a bit I think! Seems the rain was just in time then, only just!

ITV do make me sick - they cling on to Lewis like a leech.

Headline on ITV website is 'Ice-cool Lewis clinches title'. What a load of crap. 'Lewis holds on', or 'Lewis leaves it late' or 'Lewis gets jammy' would be more appropiate.

Big congratz to Lewis and to mclaren :peace:, fully deserved the title after all the ridiculous desicions against mclaren. Masa deserves a lot of praise also, very good race. best driver in F1 Alonso?? lol dont think so, got blown away by hamilton when both at Mclaren, good in a renaullt tho

• Chris Noble

Yep exactly we didnt see his lap. also Trulli did a similar time and wasnt near Hamiliton.

I am sure footage will appear eventually, but if it is true that everyone was on intermediates and only glock and trulli were on slicks and only glock and trulli set very slow times then there is nothing to debate.

Yep exactly we didnt see his lap. also Trulli did a similar time and wasnt near Hamiliton.

I am sure footage will appear eventually, but if it is true that everyone was on intermediates and only glock and trulli were on slicks and only glock and trulli set very slow times then there is nothing to debate.

no questions everyone but toyotas pitted 3 times or more.

Wooohooo Hamilton :first:

Damn my heartbeat was crazy..

@ Ross: Glock & Trulli didn't pit for intermediates like everyone else, that's why they were 20 seconds slower in the last 2 laps and causing Vettel & Hamilton to pass Glock.

best driver in F1 Alonso?? lol dont think so, got blown away by hamilton when both at Mclaren, good in a renaullt tho

Yup he is. Reasons Hamilton beat him... hmmm I dont have time to list them all!

Yup Renault is his element and he has done wonders there. He has stuffed Piquet who Hamilton justa bout beat when those 2 were in even cars in GP2 . See what I mean

To me it looks like ross don't like Hamilton and the post are going away from what was a good race, so if any mods are reading these i think it's time you locked it before it goes tits up and things go to out of hand.

Thanks

Yup he is. Reasons Hamilton beat him... hmmm I dont have time to list them all!

Yup Renault is his element and he has done wonders there. He has stuffed Piquet who Hamilton justa bout beat when those 2 were in even cars in GP2 . See what I mean

oh come on u honestly believe lewis was the favoured choice in 1st season with Alonso? teams dont spend millions on signing the world champ to play 2nd fiddle to a rookie. Alonso couldnt hack it and threw the toys out of the pram

Sometimes I wonder what goes through the mind of Martin Brundle, here is what he just said

"Driver of the year is Lewis Hamilton as the only reason Massa lost the championship was because of reliability"

Anyone understand he tiny brian?

The only good things from the race were

No more ITV and it was very exciting. At least it was proper sport for 70/71 laps.

Although ITV's coverage is very biased and i understand you're a ferrari man, but have to agree here. Massa lost points due to mistakes and reliability issues. Lewis lost points due to mistakes and penalties (i don't recall a reliability issue - someone feel free to correct me though). the mistakes balanced out the reliability cost massa the championship.

both drivers are very good and lets hope vettels made the right choice in the step to the main red bull - he looks a fantastic driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%