2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS, Just shows you how Unsporting brazillians are they couldnt even lert hamilton get in his car before they started Booing him:nono: I think they should take it away from spain DEFINATELY and im starting to think they should take it away brazil! :censored:

Geez I know eh? The English obviously are the best and would never boo anyone would they? Well, yes they would. Like I said before. Stoner, Donington. Maybe they should take the British F1 GP away aswell as the MotoGP there, aswell as any other country that dares to have passion for their sport.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, Just shows you how Unsporting brazillians are they couldnt even lert hamilton get in his car before they started Booing him:nono: I think they should take it away from spain DEFINATELY and im starting to think they should take it away brazil! :censored:

Many people hate Hamilton and it's not racism cause the reason they hate him isn't his skin colour but his style and personality... Also booing is one thing, not good, but we have seen much worse things: remember FIFA 2006 World Cup qualifications when Switzerland defeated Turkey...
Massa was nice to think of Toyota people, but they had no problem after.

Look at it this way - spot the odd one out from this lot:

The drivers, the mechanics, the crowd, the press, the rest of the team staff.

Answer: the crowd, because they are the only one in the above who paid to get in, all the others got paid to be there.

Why shouldn't the crowd be allowed to boo? Booing is the right of anyone who has paid good money to see an event.

If the driver positions had been reversed, and it was at Silverstone last race of the season, I'd expect, nay demand, some Massa-centric booing.

Booing before the race doesn't then preclude showing respect for the achievement after the race. It's just showing partisanship for your favourite.

As Peter says - there are a lot worse things than booing - so I'd try and keep this in perspective, and compare it to other sports. It's no worse (and probably better) than what goes on in other sports.

let us have a champion that might a skerrick of personality and likability that the average bloke might find even minutely tollerable
TBH, I like to (perhaps brazenly) assume that I'm an average bloke. For me, there's been a slew of boring or unlikeable herberts who've won the title.

Hamilton - long of himself
Raikonnen - not enthralling
Alonso - churlish, spoilt brat
Schumacher - about as unendearing a bloke as I can think of
Hakkinnen - see Raikonnen

Doesn't mean any of them aren't great drivers, mind, but none of them are particularly cuddlesome, IMO.

• JPeck

Hey I just wanted to say well done to Hamilton,
at the end of the day he had the most points,
so he won :)

• Carlos Fu

It's just a little expression (im not to sure is it right) in about Kimi and Hamilton.
Hamilton's Drivings is a bit like Ayrton Senna. More spining in the conner that the others drivers will not do it if in case for chassing or timing.
Kimi is a very steady driver driving. But he needs to have a better engine that can afford his RPM. In the conner, Kimmi is steady driving and a bit likes Schumacher.

(This is just what i think of, and please don't take this a bad.)

Thanks

What I observed is the difference between Kimi and Felipe. I think Kimi uses more wing than Felipe, usually in straights Felipe is faster, in corners Kimi! But overall nowadays Felipe is faster, but they're very close, and if Kimi "comes back" they'll have a nice fight against each other!

• Carlos Fu

Agree. But in fact i think this are the team decission that needs Massa to take place.
So it had made Kimmi a bit sad and looks like he is the 2nd drive (actually is) but im still insist that Kimi is the fasters.
Straigh fast is nothing, but once in the conner shows everything.

Just my thought and dont get it bad.

:)

One more thing can be, other than setups: that Kimi is faster at apex, but Felipe is better at corner exits!

I thought from the end of season 2006 that Felipe will be faster and he proved it in last year and this year also! Only a few races were where Kimi was faster. This year he was also much more consistent and made less mistakes! But had very bad luck, like last year.

Strange, it's like when Kimi entered Ferrari, his curse fallen upon Massa...

• Carlos Fu

Agree. Also in the last stage, Brazil< the winning is the same as the one time Schumacher has. Schumacher just need 1 point to win in Brazil to be a champion and also he was in the whole race in 6th position, then he the last lap or 2, he comes up with the 5th or 4th. This year for Hamilton seems the same.

I think that was a stunt of DC because it was his last race ever in Brasil. A bit promotion for him might do him good :) As he was also driving a special coloured RedBull car for his organisation (I assume). So eveyone was happy.

About the camera POV: I think it's nearly impossible to get the cam a eye-height, since the visor is attached at the side of the helmet too...

• Martin van der Loos

i think glock will drive for mclaren within 2 years for this stunt.
and the good thing is next year it will not be hamilton to win because he is to stressfull to keep it together next year.

With the new cars and new rules mid-rangeteams will get their change.

• STRATOSpeed

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUBVdgcFEo&feature=related[/media]
watch this!!!
make your own opinion about the championship...
i don't support anyone of lewis and felipe... i'm with bmw though...
anyway i don't think glock fliped... just slow down... i don't know... watch it!!!

• tippyjon57

Glock had slicks on...that is most likely why Hamilton won

That and the money he was probably offered to slow down!...My oh my why am i so sceptical? I have sen it all before and fairness goes a long way in my book! This was an unfair win..I really feel for Felippe!:disapointed:

That and the money he was probably offered to slow down!...My oh my why am i so sceptical? I have sen it all before and fairness goes a long way in my book! This was an unfair win..I really feel for Felippe!:disapointed:

However Jarno Trulli's last lap time (Also on slicks) was almost identical to Glock's everyone appears to have forgotten this

TBH, I like to (perhaps brazenly) assume that I'm an average bloke. For me, there's been a slew of boring or unlikeable herberts who've won the title.

Hamilton - long of himself
Raikonnen - not enthralling
Alonso - churlish, spoilt brat
Schumacher - about as unendearing a bloke as I can think of
Hakkinnen - see Raikonnen

Doesn't mean any of them aren't great drivers, mind, but none of them are particularly cuddlesome, IMO.
Then you can go back further to Jacques, and he was a bitof a fan of himself as well. The last Champion that I can think of who was a genuinely good guy was Damon Hill. He was a such a sporting gentleman, it was great to see his interviews. However, he was only ever meant to be a 2nd driver in Williams to Senna, and despite the fact he won the championship, Williams still got rid of him. It seems he isn't hugely regarded as a fast driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back