2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

All I can say is, congratulations to Lewis for taking the championship. And with all respect to Ferrari (well they did take the constructors-title, didn't they) :

a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

Too bad the file is big for an avatar..:peace:

nononononono!! Simple maths

McLaren money = Lewis Hamilton Champion!

Toyota clearly were paid to slow down with 1 corner to go. Theres no way you would lose 30 seconds in one lap when it wasnt raining heavily.

Anyway thats the only way Hamilton can win a worl championship, Massa deserved it 5 times more than Hamilton.

"Im not insulting other members just McLaren"

Ross im bemused about the above comments, if u dont like ITV F1 then dont watch it but thats no need to insult and ridicule both Hamilton and Mclaren. Both deserve praise as does Masa. As someone from the UK dont you think you should show some support for a UK driver. You cant deny he has exceptional ability and importantly he is still young and learning his trade.The treatment he has been given from fans and even other drivers like Alsonso has been disgusting, praise where praise is due :yo:

IM SO HAPPY, but i laughed when the team were celebrating and they all stopped becasue they hadnt won! But in Fairness massa has drove a Fantastic Season.

WELL DONE HAMILTON UR MY IDOL :D

If it wasn't for the FIA he would of won the championship already, but what a race to end this season, that was nail biting edge of ya seat stuff there, amazing gp to watch and a brilliant out come, does this spell a Hamiton domination for years to come? But at least he has nothing to prove now, he’s done it in only his 2nd year and should of won it in his first and pretty much done it in the 2nd best car, incredible talent.

Damn it ...I was too late ...haha..
beaten by Damian

It's funny enough to be posted twice :D

2dh9myc.gif

Glad it was settled on the track this time out and a great show but definatly a just outcome after the questionable calls of the stewards in Spa and Fuji.

That said my respect for Massa's ability has shot up this season considerably. I didn't rate him at the start of the year but i could see him giving Kimi a real run for his money over the season in 2009

Oh and Toyota, the biggest budget in F1, taking a bribe to give glory to a direct rival car company?? No i don't think so somehow!

I really wish people would stop saying "if it wasn't for this, if it wasn't for that". I mean, when does it end? Because you know, if it wasn't for every other driver on the grid the entire season, Adrian Sutil would be world champion right now, even though he spent most of his time snuggled nice and cosy in a tyre barrier.

Hamilton got penalties for aggressive driving, so did Massa. Hamilton made mistakes, so did Massa. Massa had 2 failures (one mechanical, one by a mechanic), Hamilton had bad races too. If you look back through every championship you will see similar stories. It's just the way it is; it comes down to skill, and a bit of luck.

Hamilton won it, he ended the season with more points, end of story. I wanted Massa to win, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to yell at 6am because of it. It was a great championship and I think a lot of people can learn from the graciousness shown by Massa in defeat. I think we saw a lot of maturity in Massas drive and I really look forward to next year to see if he might just prove more consistent and catch a bit more luck.

Congrats Lewis for his first world title :)
Congrats Ferrari for the 27634745th constructors title.

The race was cool to watch but shame we had so many and long commercials on the Dutch tube. Great we could switch to the Belgiums and next year I will be watching BBC's coverage... Bye bye RTL.

Hahaha, still laughing about the face on Felippe's dad. Priceless :)

• vmagics

I really wish people would stop saying "if it wasn't for this, if it wasn't for that". I mean, when does it end? Because you know, if it wasn't for every other driver on the grid the entire season, Adrian Sutil would be world champion right now, even though he spent most of his time snuggled nice and cosy in a tyre barrier.

Hamilton got penalties for aggressive driving, so did Massa. Hamilton made mistakes, so did Massa. Massa had 2 failures (one mechanical, one by a mechanic), Hamilton had bad races too. If you look back through every championship you will see similar stories. It's just the way it is; it comes down to skill, and a bit of luck.

Hamilton won it, he ended the season with more points, end of story. I wanted Massa to win, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to yell at 6am because of it. It was a great championship and I think a lot of people can learn from the graciousness shown by Massa in defeat. I think we saw a lot of maturity in Massas drive and I really look forward to next year to see if he might just prove more consistent and catch a bit more luck.
Thank you Jamie, it was truly refreshing to read your post. I couldn't agree more. I honestly believe that anyone with the ability to reach f1 level deserves to win, yes even the Force India's. Then again I was rooting for Hamilton so what do I know? GR
P.S. My Driver of chioce is Hamilton and my team of choice is Ferrari. Has anyone else displayed a more cowardly show of support?:D

It wasn't a funny moment at all! As Hamilton crossed the line in 5th I turned off the TV in my anger and only turned back minutes later... This race ending gave me a ridicolous headache for the whole evening, as Vettel passed Hamilton I really thought that Massa is the champion and didn't expect Glock to slow down... I think I was the happiest after Massa and his family, then all turned wrong...

Grats to lewis for his first tittle, but i would have prefer massa to win it tho. the guy have been in the shadow of schummy and then came raikkonen must have been hard for the guy to be in the shadow, for that reason i think he deserved to be champion, lets hope next year will be his.

ok now i have read all the posts so far and i want to give my opinion on several things that were said, first the itv matter. i mostly watch all the race via download since it was many time early or too late ( getting old need my sleep lol ) here in Quebec. i remember when Villeneuve was in F1 our channel that was showing the race was all about him so its true that itv were bias but i think its only natural, i'm pretty sure the brazil tv is all massa and i imagine its the same for all the country that have a driver in the championship.

second thing is the acheivement that people say lewis have done, people tend to forget everytime a newcomer arrive, i remember the first 2 years of Villeneuve in F1, he was in the fight for the tittle till the last race with his team mate and the next year he won the tittle so lewis didn't acheived something that nobody have done in the past.

about alonso when he was team mate of lewis, people forget that ron dennis was behind lewis all his driving carreer, i would imagine that if a team hire a champion its for him to win the championship for them but since lewis was the the protégé of ron dennis well it was clear that alonso wasn't to get the full support of the team, that my opinion :yo:

• Wido Rossen

Congrats Lewis for his first world title :)
Congrats Ferrari for the 27634745th constructors title.

The race was cool to watch but shame we had so many and long commercials on the Dutch tube. Great we could switch to the Belgiums and next year I will be watching BBC's coverage... Bye bye RTL.

Hahaha, still laughing about the face on Felippe's dad. Priceless :)

Ketnet/Canvas ( Belg ) also broadcasts the f1 races...and without commercials.

about alonso when he was team mate of lewis, people forget that ron dennis was behind lewis all his driving carreer, i would imagine that if a team hire a champion its for him to win the championship for them but since lewis was the the protégé of ron dennis well it was clear that alonso wasn't to get the full support of the team, that my opinion :yo:

I think that was the problem with Kovalainen also! They made the car to suit Lewis's driving style, that's why Kovalainen suffered in all race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes