2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a finish! Did we ever see a championship decided in the last corner like this year??!! How bizarre..... Lewis was lucky that it started to rain more in the last 2 laps after Vettel pushed him virtually to P2 in the World Championship. Luckily for him there was one man in front (Glock) who was still driving on slicks.... Lewis tried to bring the championship home safely, but with the changing weather it almost went wrong...... but the weather made it soooooooo tense this year (especially at Silverstone, Spa and Interlagos). Respect for Massa this race, he did everything right, but bad luck (broken engine in Hungary and the refuel incident in Singapore) and some really bad races (like Australia and England), cost him the championship this year. If Massa can get more consistent he can be a future world champion, but in 2008 Hamilton is imo the deserved champion for just being a bit more consistent (but only beating Massa with 0,1 % or so :))

Thank you for this exciting season of F1 !!!

ITV do make me sick - they cling on to Lewis like a leech.

Headline on ITV website is 'Ice-cool Lewis clinches title'. What a load of crap. 'Lewis holds on', or 'Lewis leaves it late' or 'Lewis gets jammy' would be more appropiate.

We all know this should be the header in the news paper

GLOCK EXECUTES MASSA IN BRAZIL
BrickGun_-_Glock_17_Front-Left_Ortho.jpg

I think Lego is in the complot, as usual!!

• Andrew Evans

can this please not descend into a my-f1-driver-is-better-than-yours competition....

Massa lost the championship because of his team... He lost much more points than Hamilton, without counting his own mistakes... The most consistent and the fastest driver this year was Massa, Hamilton had great races like Silverstone&Hockenheim, and China.

LOL Bram, nice one :) Almost everybody on the track missed the action of Lewis on Glock in the last corner. Like they said on Dutch TV: Massa was World Champion for 20 seconds..... and then one Ferrari mecanic woke up out of his dream and realised what had happend....

Both Massa and Hamilton deserved the title. But the lucky one was Hamilton. And do not accuse glock for being so slower. DON'T you remember Spa . Heidfeld got the third place from seven in last lap. It is natural that Glock was so slow.

That was too dramatic to see Massa's father's face when he learned about Glock..:twitch::twitch::twitch:

Anyway this race will not be forgotten for years...Cong. HAmilton, Cong. Massa Cong. Vettel , Kubica, BMW , Toro Rosso and Alonso for this great year:woot::woot::woot:

Agree with the comments about ITV - praise the F1 Gods it's on the BBC next season! I hope none of the current crew from ITV get hired for next year- I think every supporter of every other team has had enough of the McLaren Fanclub!!

It's been annoying me so much that I've been turning down the sound and listening to BBC 5 Live's coverage - It's so much better and every team gets a mention, rather than just McLaren.

I'm gutted for Massa, but congratulations are due to Lewis - only his 2nd year and he's been there for the whole season threatening to win it. I know we could split hairs about team screw ups, and Massa being a more consistent driver, but I still can't take anything away from Lewis. And that's not easy to say for a disappointed Ferrari fan! :frown:

For me:
Drivers champion: Massa
Constructors champion: McLaren

Ferrari didn't deserve the championship, they ruined Massa's year totally, both the car (engine), and the team (in Singapore).
McLaren worked perfect as team!

It's funny that people had said for years that F1 needed to get more exciting. Obviously that was caused by the total domination of Ferrari and Schumacher. Hamilton comes along from nowhere (after the Alonso winning streak) and having some great battles with Raikkonen, Alonso and Massa and now he's getting a real slagging off by a lot of people. I just don't understand it. The last 2 years have started to make me watch F1 again, it's that exciting!

This season has been great and credit goes to both Hamilton and Massa for some fantastic driving. Now I'm looking forward to the next season :)

Oh and to all the people that still think Toyota gave Hamilton the title, if it hadn't of rained, Hamilton would have still ended up in 4th or 5th, as he was in a good position before he pitted and as it did rain, why would Toyota risk their drivers to carry on with slicks? Obviously to try and make up more positions. The facts are there, you just need to see them ;)

Yeah I think ITV are a bit biased too but then again, maybe I'm more biased as I'm English, who knows but their broadcasting is going to a British audience at least, so that would probably be part of the reason.

I did however find the boo-ing from the Brazilian crowd to be disgusting - Massa took the dissappointment like a great man and I can't understand why they can't. He is a fantastic tallent and I hope we get more of the same in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes