2005 Ford Transit

Cars 2005 Ford Transit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
She very dead! Our 135 recovery truck for example is quicker even when there’s a car on the back of it! We’re talking nearly 4 ton at that stage!
It’s hard to judge in game though, I’ll try and do some 0-100 mph timing in a real one if I get the chance one of the days..

I’ll try and do some 0-100 mph timing in a real one if I get the chance one of the days..
Please do! Pretty hard to get any sort of performance data on these things as you can imagine...

I'm fairly confident power is as it should be tbh, my only question is drag, but without concrete data (be it better CFD or just some evidence of what sort of speeds these things can do), I don't fancy making any changes on feel alone.

Please do! Pretty hard to get any sort of performance data on these things as you can imagine...

I'm fairly confident power is as it should be tbh, my only question is drag, but without concrete data (be it better CFD or just some evidence of what sort of speeds these things can do), I don't fancy making any changes on feel alone.
imo the top speed is too low, its rather normal to have these pass you at 140 km/h
these guys got theirs to 190, seems similar to your spec

I have driven the high roof variant on the autobahn and it did 130 with ease

Hmm, I reckon it be pretty difficult to find accurate numbers on real life topspeed and acceleration for such a car.
For one, getting accurate top speed requires a fairly long stretch of road, without even the smallest in- or decline, and it must also be a calm day, not too hot, and ideally also not too cold. Contrary, any car which is not redlining at top speed, will hold a higher then its advertised top speed on a level road, if it has before been accelerated on a section of road with a slight decline, or with some tailwind. This accounts for 80% of all "my car does 20km/h more then its advertised top speed" comments. Then you also have to account for the usual tolerance of engine performance. Nobody knows whether the Transit used for the Topgear segment had actually 125, 135, or even 145HP. Then, any speedo is advancing, so that rules out all youtube vids without GPS. That all is before we discuss tyres, their dimensions and pressures. In short, I would not trust youtube and the internet too much on that particular subject.

Best thing would be to know what speeds Sabine reached at certain points of the track during her run, but that may be impossible information to get hold off. Second best thing would then probably be to go with the numbers as published by Ford.

Last edited:
Hmm, I reckon it be pretty difficult to find accurate numbers on real life topspeed and acceleration for such a car.
For one, getting accurate top speed requires a fairly long stretch of road, without even the smallest in- or decline, and it must also be a calm day, not too hot, and ideally also not too cold. Contrary, any car which is not redlining at top speed, will hold a higher then its advertised top speed on a level road, if it has before been accelerated on a section of road with a slight decline, or with some tailwind. This accounts for 80% of all "my car does 20km/h more then its advertised top speed" comments. Then you also have to account for the usual tolerance of engine performance. Nobody knows whether the Transit used for the Topgear segment had actually 125, 135, or even 145HP. Then, any speedo is advancing, so that rules out all youtube vids without GPS. That all is before we discuss tyres, their dimensions and pressures. In short, I would not trust youtube and the internet too much on that particular subject.

Best thing would be to know what speeds Sabine reached at certain points of the track during her run, but that may be impossible information to get hold off. Second best thing would then probably be to go with the numbers as published by the Ford.
Maybe with enough donations I'll go and buy an old Transit and test it myself :p

PS. in case its not clear, thats a joke! You don't need to donate at all - very appreciative to those who did but just enjoying it is more than enough of a reward for me :)

I only had the chance to test it for a really short time as it's blazing hot in my apartment. However, it was still incredibly fun to drive. It's much more forgiving than I thought. Also, to me, it looks much faster while driving than it really ist. I was braking too hard most of the time were I didn't even need to brake at all.

Will have some more fun with it once there are bearable temperatures in my apartment again.

This is just wrong, I have to go out today...
At last, I got some time with the 'Tranny' (ooh er missus). Alright, so I'm still damned slow (even with Gary's shifting guide) but it all fitted well. With Ken Bruce (and play list) blasting out of the radio, me shouting (wrong) answers at Pop Master, the diesel barely audible over it all. The only thing that could be missing, a rogue parcel rattling around in the back.
Thank you Gary...

There's a guide?

I just tried to shift rather early than late ....

I'm sure that was pretty much it, between 3 5 and 3 7 5, it may have been in the wip thread (and I'm way too lazy to look for it now :whistling:). In my hurry to at least try a lap (or two) on Friday (before the protests got too loud and I was forced out the door), I just thrashed it. It didn't like it...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.6%