2005 Ford Transit

Cars 2005 Ford Transit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Does anyone actually own one in real life? some sound samples would be really nice

this is what I managed to mish mash up from youtube

hardly releasable but man I wish I had some good samples!

Does anyone actually own one in real life? some sound samples would be really nice

this is what I managed to mish mash up from youtube

hardly releasable but man I wish I had some good samples!
The idle sound is not bad :thumbsup: Maybe you can take samples from an another Diesel Van/Transporter. In my opinion they sounds all similar :unsure:

Also remember the 2.2/2.4 engines in mk6/7 transits are basically the same - and the fact both engines were used in Land Rover defenders from around the same time until they stopped production a few years back - that should increase the sample size.

Also remember the 2.2/2.4 engines in mk6/7 transits are basically the same - and the fact both engines were used in Land Rover defenders from around the same time until they stopped production a few years back - that should increase the sample size.

Thanks for the info!

Usually though a lot of the samples available are of faults that occurred like knocking etc. I took my samples from some reviews and stationary revving

Just curious, did you use a euro truck sound for the van?
;)

No idea, the SFX was made by @iRacer5 quite a few years ago, 2015/16 i think. Was told it was Land Rover Defender samples IIRC.

Ah I see

Sounds a lot like euro truck to me, can't remember which model truck. Its been a long time since I played it. But something rings a distant bell

Anyway it seems my search for samples isn't getting any better. Tried looking for some mk7 and defender videos but it's the same type of videos: people uploading videos of the engine knocking etc.

Ah I see

Sounds a lot like euro truck to me, can't remember which model truck. Its been a long time since I played it. But something rings a distant bell

Anyway it seems my search for samples isn't getting any better. Tried looking for some mk7 and defender videos but it's the same type of videos: people uploading videos of the engine knocking etc.
I'm willing to record my Ford Focus diesel if it would be a help? I can record it perhaps from the engine bay if I can find something to attach my microphone to...?

You could perhaps manipulate the sound a bit after to make it harsher, maybe?

Let me know?

I'm willing to record my Ford Focus diesel if it would be a help? I can record it perhaps from the engine bay if I can find something to attach my microphone to...?

You could perhaps manipulate the sound a bit after to make it harsher, maybe?

Let me know?

Thanks for the offer! I'm not that much of an expert with audio. I wouldn't know how to make it sound more van like to be honest.

What would be more suitable is if anyone has a 2000 mondeo They used the same engine I think

Thanks for the offer! I'm not that much of an expert with audio. I wouldn't know how to make it sound more van like to be honest.

What would be more suitable is if anyone has a 2000 mondeo They used the same engine I think
No thats the 2.0 (so the same as the fwd transits). This is the ones you are looking for:

upload_2018-8-7_20-32-19.png

No problem. I'll do the recording regardless, if you want you can listen to it and utilise it if you think it would fit.

Sadly I don't own a van, nor do I have access to one at this time.

No problem. I'll do the recording regardless, if you want you can listen to it and utilise it if you think it would fit.

Sadly I don't own a van, nor do I have access to one at this time.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Ok so for me a good way to record is to first start the car. Record at least 20 seconds or more of idle. Then (if its a manual) stick it in 4th, get past biting point (may be a little tricky, but it's possible) and jam full on the throttle (make sure your revs are very low) You'll start to increase revs slowly. Keep your foot jammed till you max out the revs. That should give me all the 'on' sounds.

Then get up to speed, say 60 or whatever maxes our your fourth gear. Stay in fourth and as soon as you hit max revs let off the gas so your revs drop slowly.all the way down till you're about to stall. You may need a stretch of motorway and an open hard shoulder

Aside from that some gentle revving on the driveway where you keep the revs near constant wouldn't do any harm. Do some low constant revs and high constant revs too. Same for the outside.

Obviously if you can't do all that then no worries. And also if you have an auto then no worries!

Hey My friend.. there is any update with this mod running faster than 100MPH hour? I woulo love to see it... and PAY as well!
Just to say this Vans in real life speeding faster than 75MPH.. can you uptdate or a new mod over than 100 MPH ? I would love to have and pay! Thanks anyway! Great mod!

Hey My friend.. there is any update with this mod running faster than 100MPH hour? I woulo love to see it... and PAY as well!
Just to say this Vans in real life speeding faster than 75MPH.. can you uptdate or a new mod over than 100 MPH ? I would love to have and pay! Thanks anyway! Great mod!
Yes I heard you the first time.

As I said in your review, as I said on your youtube comment, it goes faster than 75mph.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering