2005 Ford Transit

Cars 2005 Ford Transit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
custom_showroom_1532717075.png

WIP

Such a beautiful model.....

No idea, ive never looked into VW Transporters. I did get some CFD done for the transit - it has a lot of drag, so 135bhp isn't going to do you any favours.

no i meant that kind of van in general ... it was Merc, Citroen, VW etc ... i've done those speeds myself and i've been overtaken by them often enough, once i even used one of those to get a slipstream and save some fuel ... at 160kph

there's videos of Transits on YT where the 135hp version goes from
60-100 mph in14s ...
100-110 in 10s
another 30s to reach top speed at 115mph

one with a 125hp engine
60-100 mph in 19s
100-110 in 10s
another 36s to reach ~115mph

ofc those might have been filmed with a tailwind or with some slipstreaming ... but i couldn't get this thing past 90mph on the straight at leMans (without chicanes) or the "endless" track ...

so i set up a server with a 40kph tailwind on the lemans straight and it went from

60-100mph in 50s

after the 15s it was at 80mph
after 20s - 84mph
after another 10s it was at 90mph

so nowhere near the speeds in all those videos and all this with a storm up it's arse

i mean ... there's a video of a 1996 transit doing 111mph

Then with good luck you are rid of them, hurray... :roflmao:
We made it all home in one piece.
But heights are not my thing. Speed, oh yes, heights, not.

Gave the Transit a shakedown, 10:25 is all I currently manage. I wanted to do more laps, but it takes too long:sleep:
This thing teaches you to coast and not waste that precious momentum.
Maybe I finally learn to drive!

Not that im aware of, i tried experimenting with fixed setups but they seemed to override it IIRC. Only way really is to have a separate car but i want to avoid that as i do have plans for other, more significant versions, and i don’t want to end up with dozens of variants.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Car Tuner?

I was thinking to use the animation system to put hub caps on my Primera wheels, but I don't think it would support wheel ... i haven't triend though , so perhaps on of these days I could explore it

beacon lights are in the cargo space !! haha, and yep, when you check them in setup, animation moves them to different spot,
of course you could have 2-3 stage animation moving it around, but as Gary said, it would require mesh/anim update, so maybe it can be folded into new update

yeah the speed is bit suprising , I have driven the old Transit ( never 160km+ thouhg, only reached about 110 or so) but in general I remembered it being bit faster, especially when empty
but then again, the speed in games is deceiving, haven't tried it in VR yet

@RS10 don't forget that the real life cars can be showing you more KPH then you currently drive, whereas AC shows you true speed, so that can also have a bit of effect here, but I do agree that i was imagining this to be bit faster

don't forget that the real life cars can be showing you more KPH then you currently drive, whereas AC shows you true speed, so that can also have a bit of effect here, but I do agree that i was imagining this to be bit faster

I know but that offset is consistent across the entire speed range so looking at speed deltas is a fair comparison whether it's actually doing 115mph or 'just' 110mph is irrelevant.

The car's info even states that the top speed should be 175kph (~110mph) which will roughly be the 115mph the car in the video reaches if you take the offset into account - it is however incapable to even get remotely close to that.

But yea, the only way to get proper numbers regarding acceleration and speed would be getting to drive that particular car, and the way those are usually being driven the engines in most of them will be shot.

Well, yeah, maybe the power is too low then ? , or the amount of how much power is loss is too much , anyhow, I suppose it doesn't make that much of a difference in the end

it's true that if it was faster, it would be quite a bit faster on Nordschleife, so it would be easy to beat Sabine's time, which imo should be almost impossible, .. yes she was dealing with traffic, but she also had taped gaps on the car, seats and all that stuff out, and had Dodge Viper slip streaming for her

so it might as well be that the mod is already TOO FAST .. haha!

Shame that they never released any full onboard lap of that run ...
I guess it's even harder to get such a car 'right' since there's close to no reliable data out there (?)

What a car to drive. Love the good old diesel sound of it :D

Thanks for your awesome work.

PS: also tested how fast UPS can deliver...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back