2005 Ford Transit

Cars 2005 Ford Transit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to make the lightbar always visible on the police skin for the AI?
Not that im aware of, i tried experimenting with fixed setups but they seemed to override it IIRC. Only way really is to have a separate car but i want to avoid that as i do have plans for other, more significant versions, and i don’t want to end up with dozens of variants.

btw what I absolutelly love ! is that it's a car with a huge amount of details, lods and all that, yet the file size is only 45mb, ... prooves that amazing quality doesn't have to be 512mb !! :)

Yeah I think the file is a little too large for what you get at nearly 50mb, but given its the work of almost 3 years where my idea of a good texturing path to follow has evolved throughout, its no surprise its not the most efficient and optimised car out there.

is there a plan for some sort of racing version ??

it could be interesting, although you mostly see smaller vans & pickups
toyota-goes-van-racing-sky-s-the-limit_2.jpg

caddy-02.jpg
Yes definitely plans for something more spicy, going down the fictional route though for sure though.
I'll have an engine swap out fairly soon, that one is a lot of fun, as it fundamentally is the same van, (so same handling traits), just with a big V8 to push it along.
After that I have plans for something, much much more extreme. Really pushing the limits of the definition of a van. But that requires a lot of work both on the model and physics, so don't expect it anytime soon.

This little text passage from the description striked me the most:

"...More non-van content from me to you soon...."

Mind teasing us a bit, with what you're up to?
If it's still top secret, never mind:speechless:, but I'm for sure curious!

Believe me, no one is more excited about what I'm working on right now than me :D When I can say something you will know about it!

..I'll have an engine swap out fairly soon, that one is a lot of fun, as it fundamentally is the same van, (so same handling traits), just with a big V8 to push it along.
After that I have plans for something, much much more extreme...
Now that's the proper, the Top Gear way of doing things. I'm excited!

Believe me, no one is more excited about what I'm working on right now than me :D When I can say something you will know about it!
Is it for AC or ACC?:whistling:

Gary this is awesome! Thank you so much!

Only issue I have spotted is that there seems to be an half-second delay between internal and external sounds when switching cameras. That's it, rest is spot on!

Was that particular Transit really THAT slow in a straight line?

I've done 165kph+ in a variety of those transporters in the last 10 or so years ... this thing doesn't seem to accelerate past 145kph

Was that particular Transit really THAT slow in a straight line?

I've done 165kph+ in a variety of those transporters in the last 10 or so years ... this thing doesn't seem to accelerate past 145kph
No idea, ive never looked into VW Transporters. I did get some CFD done for the transit - it has a lot of drag, so 135bhp isn't going to do you any favours.

Don't tell me...
I've promised the kids to take them to the local climbing park this friday afternoon few weeks ago. Can't make a drawback now...
Life's just not fair,..not at all;)
Then with good luck you are rid of them, hurray... :roflmao:

So much fun :) thanks!

If you ever feel like adding a little tweak for people reskinning it, vans belonging to breakdown organisations ( AA, RAC, others ) seem to have the orange beacon bar at the rear. Looks the same as the police one, cept the colour & location.

I haven't investigated how the optional model system works in AC, but would it be possible to export another bar model/subcomponent in a different location & have it enabled by a second notch in the setup entry? or is that always going to give you both.
I could but I really don't want to :roflmao: Adds draw calls, more tris, an update (which I'm really hoping I can avoid!). I think its fine as it is, colour should be enough :p

Is it really daft enough to draw hidden objects? :facepalm:

"I don't want to" is the most valid reason :D
Bear in mind the way we are able to make these ‘optional’ parts in the setup menu is just by bodging the wing animations - so the stopwatch or lightbar are always in the scene (in the LOD A at least), its simply moved and scaled somwhwre else when its not needed.

Nice little challenge, see if you can find them when they are turned off :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back