AMS2 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | SPA 1993 | Thursday December 8th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Disconnected from the server in the qualification. No scored time. Ok, I start last, also a good challenge. Shortly before the start of the race ---> disconnected from the server.
re-enter the server. As a spectator!!!

Bruh :O_o:

Anyway, hopefully there will be another event like this soon.

Got there late. Just at end of qualifying. Had the wrong steering wheel on, adjusted brake balance, why I don’t know, just twiddled it, sent me out of the game.:)
But as I was only going to Race for an hour so no problem.:roflmao:

As I was nearing the completion of my 24th lap in P3 the game just lost connection with the server! :(

Disappointed to say the least!

If anyone has a replay of the completed race and are willing to share it I would appreciate it very much! :thumbsup:

That was a disappointing end to the evening. Drove mostly all alone the first 80-81 minutes, and then a random disconnect.

Did have some random freezes during the Day-Afternoon-Evening-Early Night transitions as well.

EDIT: Was varying degree of comfort when Group C's lapped as well, woof!

Last edited:
Was pretty fun. Didn't really know what to do with strategy, so I decided to just keep the boost on 100% and run the richest fuel mix and then to save fuel I just did lift & coast. Took new soft tires all 3 stops.

EDIT: Was varying degree of comfort when Group C's lapped as well, woof!
My bad, the speed difference caught me out a few times. (And that time I tapped you in Pouhon was because I forgot this car has the steeringwheel on the right)

That being said; not everyone in GT was keeping to the racing line, which nearly caused some big crashes when I was setting up for an overtake.

Well, my race ended just 10min to the end. :(

this was my first long race with AMS2 and I'm quite disapointed with the stability of the online game. I sufferend these issues:
1. when we were around 20min of race, my monitor just went black for a couple of seconds. The mussel memory just make pass through the corner going to te grass and smoothly touching the barrier with no consequencies.:redface:
2. At half time I had like a but sttuering and my gas pedal was unresponsive..:confused:I managed to unplug and plug again and it came back. I've lost 17 seconds.
3. 20 to the end it was a very strange behaviour...the tame table looked crazy for a couple of minutes.
4. at 10 to the and I was just disconnected from the server...
5. I had micro frozen screen phenomena from time to time.

Any one has something similar... very difficult to focus on the race...

the race it self was great fun... very sad to beng privated of the possible final battle with Skinner. :(

My bad, the speed difference caught me out a few times. (And that time I tapped you in Pouhon was because I forgot this car has the steeringwheel on the right)

That being said; not everyone in GT was keeping to the racing line, which nearly caused some big crashes when I was setting up for an overtake.

Ah, ye. Outside of GT's are risky :p Drifting out through the corners, got no way to stop it in the GT's :p

Yup. That's a typical issue :/

Agree with Enzo, the traffic was challeging, not really because of people not giving way, but the sheer speed difference was the biggest I've ever seen. 99% of the overtakes I did was clean and with exemplary behaviour from the GT's, but I'd like to remind the GT's to stick to their lines, its much easier to predict what they're gonna do then. I had one change his mind up the kemmel straight causing me to do a swerve at 210mph. It happens, no big deal, just remember to stick to your line. The only oopsie I had was swapping paint with a Vette at some point, sorry, a bit too aggressive.

I started off by running deep at Bruxelles (lack of braking marker on the asphalt), allowing Enzo and Magnus by, thereby screwing my stradegy on lap 1 which was to keep Enzo behind with my superior power. The rest of the race was spent trying to catch up, but it was inevitably not gonna work due to the extra stops. I also had a LOT of stuttering tonight, more than ever before. +10 of them, costing me a few seconds each time. One caused me to skip the last chicane entirely as it happened right after Blancimont. That was really annoying as with Enzo's post race penalty, it became race deciding.

Grats on the win Enzo, great pace :)

Last edited:
Oh, and I did end up streaming this from my POV. Not sure if is of much help, but with throttle & brake overlays and onboard, maybe there is a bit in it seeing how I managed to be the fastest(?) GT-Porsche out there.
Setup is basically default. Brake Balance to 54-46 and steering lock changed to work better with my driving style.

If it doesn't start at the right place, race start is at 30:11

The stuttering was the worst I've ever encountered during our races here at RD. Someone mentioned it was people having the pit crews on full - for all players - if so, it's another thing to add to the various MP bugs that are in the game. Still, this was a good first hitout with a long multi-field race. I ran out of fuel after my pitcrew went on strike, but I enjoyed the racing for the most part. The endless blue flags and lap time disparity though, should be a lesson for the future - I think the Group Cs and the M1 would be a better fit.

The endless blue flags and lap time disparity though

I actually liked that part of it. Mainly because, with maximum 29 drivers, it's the only way to simulate the craziness of the era. I mean, if it had been rF2 numbers on the server, 45-50. Having three classes, would've made the same feeling, but with much more matched cars as well.

I just wish it was a track where the Vette and Porsche were a bit more matched :p

Sorry guys I had a nightmare after about ten mins, game froze and some major stuttering. Aw well. Was having fun regardless and that's for organising

very nice event to take part in, thanks. Had a good battle with @GeekyDeaks in the first half of the race. Sorry if i caused any damage during the race in T1 when i oversteered on the throttle and veered to the left making you run into me. I wasnt trying to cut you off, haha.

I agree about the massive speed difference in the Group C car i was in it really throws you off like at the end of Eau Rouge you just catch them all of a sudden before the corner even ends and either slow right down and take inside or risk going to outside and being pushed off.
You can catch them during a lot of turns from quite far back so you aren't anywhere close to side by side but can still end up sticking your car in quite late in braking risky if the other car isnt as generous with giving room but often preferrable as otherwise you lose a heap of time slowing right down, especially through the chicanes

Most GT cars made room or slowed down a bit if it was necessary. But some still going fast on the racing line as everyone is racing hard for positions.

I know that was part of rule outlined by Guido but i feel like for Blue flag it take practice as everyone behaves differently and when you combine that with the speed difference it can be hard.
Sure need to lose as little time as possible but also without holding up the faster car too much as that's what the blue flag is really for in the end.

Results:

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 22-41-27 Result 221208-Rp6 - Spa_Francorchamps_1993 - RaceDepartment....jpg

I think I got lucky on the MP front. Only had one stutter and managed to stay connected to the end.

Overall had really good fun and mostly behaved myself acting politely when passing the GTs, but I buggered it up twice in the bus stop with @Reefabus and @James Skinner - apologies chaps, I just misjudged the speed and should have hung back a bit further.

I had turned my MSAA from high to off to get a bit of headroom, but I still had big drops in fps on the downhill section after La Source when the sun went down. Everywhere else was fine though.

That for organising @Guido Trampe and @Redvaliant :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back